Lincoln
✟441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have an unusual dilemma. I am a Christian, and I am also an avid pool player. I am wanting to have a custom cue made for myself and found a very talented custom cue maker. His work would be perfect for the designs I am wanting to have created on my cue. The dilemma I am faced with is in the name of his custom cue brand.
His company is call "North Demon Custom Cues"
As a Christian, I am uneasy about the name "demon" being in the bame of his brand. And i am wondering if owning and playing with the cue is going against God? Am I putting to much into the brand name, or should I look elsewhere to another cue maker?
His work is unique, and I don't know that I can find someone else to make me what I am wanting done.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have an unusual dilemma. I am a Christian, and I am also an avid pool player. I am wanting to have a custom cue made for myself and found a very talented custom cue maker. His work would be perfect for the designs I am wanting to have created on my cue. The dilemma I am faced with is in the name of his custom cue brand.
As a Christian, I am uneasy about the name "demon" being in the bame of his brand. And i am wondering if owning and playing with the cue is going against God? Am I putting to much into the brand name, or should I look elsewhere to another cue maker?
His work is unique, and I don't know that I can find someone else to make me what I am wanting done.
Im not even a Christian. But if after examining the issue from all sides youre still not totally comfortable, then dont do it. You want to feel fully good about a purchase like this.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Short answer: You can always find another cue maker with a company name that does not have the word "demon" in it. If "North Demon Custom Cues" does not sit well with you, avoid it. Or when in doubt, stay out.

Long answer: I understand your concern as a Christian regarding the name "North Demon Custom Cues" for your potential custom cue stick. The meaning and intent behind a brand name can often be different from its literal interpretation. Moreover, owning and using a custom cue with this name does not inherently go against your Christian beliefs. It's essential to remember that pool is a recreational activity and the use of a custom cue with a name that may not align perfectly with your personal values does not change the moral or ethical implications of the game itself.

If you feel comfortable communicating your concerns to the custom cue maker, they might be open to discussing alternative names or customizations that would make you more at ease. Alternatively, you could explore other options for custom cue makers while keeping in mind the unique designs and craftsmanship that attracted you to North Demon Custom Cues initially. Ultimately, it's important to make a decision based on what feels right for you as both a Christian and an avid pool player.

I hope this helps, brother. Just do whatever sits well with you and your faith.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟71,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Rom. 14:23, And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Since you are questioning this I wonder if at a critical moment in a pool tournament or game you might have confidence issues? On the other hand the word demon has a second meaning. "a forceful, fierce, or skillful performer of a specified activity." One way to extinguish or confirm doubts would be to ask the owner or maker why the word demon is on his brand. God bless you for having a sensitive conscience.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Scassidy77

Apr 1, 2024
Lincoln
✟441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rom. 14:23, And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Since you are questioning this I wonder if at a critical moment in a pool tournament or game you might have confidence issues? On the other hand the word demon has a second meaning. "a forceful, fierce, or skillful performer of a specified activity." One way to extinguish or confirm doubts would be to ask the owner or maker why the word demon is on his brand. God bless you for having a sensitive conscience.
Thats so.e great advice. I will ask him. Thanks

• Friendly
Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0

Scassidy77

Apr 1, 2024
Lincoln
✟441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Short answer: You can always find another cue maker with a company name that does not have the word "demon" in it. If "North Demon Custom Cues" does not sit well with you, avoid it. Or when in doubt, stay out.

Long answer: I understand your concern as a Christian regarding the name "North Demon Custom Cues" for your potential custom cue stick. The meaning and intent behind a brand name can often be different from its literal interpretation. Moreover, owning and using a custom cue with this name does not inherently go against your Christian beliefs. It's essential to remember that pool is a recreational activity and the use of a custom cue with a name that may not align perfectly with your personal values does not change the moral or ethical implications of the game itself.

If you feel comfortable communicating your concerns to the custom cue maker, they might be open to discussing alternative names or customizations that would make you more at ease. Alternatively, you could explore other options for custom cue makers while keeping in mind the unique designs and craftsmanship that attracted you to North Demon Custom Cues initially. Ultimately, it's important to make a decision based on what feels right for you as both a Christian and an avid pool player.

I hope this helps, brother. Just do whatever sits well with you and your faith.
I really appreciate your input. And i will take it into consideration. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Scassidy77

Apr 1, 2024
Lincoln
✟441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im not even a Christian. But if after examining the issue from all sides youre still not totally comfortable, then dont do it. You want to feel fully good about a purchase like this.
Valid point. Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,054.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I wouldn't myself but I'm not saying it's sin for you to. People have ways of justifying and making it an OK thing.....I won't argue with them and say there they're wrong. Go by your conscience. I had this similar conversation with one about a pro hockey team in the NHL called the New Jersey Devils. I asked myself the question if I was a NHL player could I see myself playing with a team called the Devils? I think I'd have a hard time with it and yes some might say I am silly it's just meant to be a thing of humor. Just saying I'd find it hard to do. I ask myself the question too why would owners of businesses even think to do this. Even if the Christians community is 10 or 20% why would you offend potential clients with something controversial and make it hard for them to buy your tickets? Don't make sense to me.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0