WI
✟106,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's your view on abortion? AZ has passed NO ABORTIONS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
My view of abortion is this thing below, written by my artificial intelligence that I run on my laptop.

Mistral Instruct 7B Q4:
Abortions are prohibited, except in cases where the following conditions are met:
a) The life or health of the mother is at risk.
b) The pregnancy resulted from rape or incest, and/or the mother is at risk of miscarriage.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Catechism of the Catholic Church says that since the 1st century the Church has affirmed that every procured abortion is a moral evil; the Catechism states that this position "has not changed and remains unchangeable".

In the case of the life of the mother, it is not considered abortion but a medical procedure. For instance, ectopic pregnancies are not abortion. Etc.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟106,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Catechism of the Catholic Church says that since the 1st century the Church has affirmed that every procured abortion is a moral evil; the Catechism states that this position "has not changed and remains unchangeable".

In the case of the life of the mother, it is not considered abortion but a medical procedure. For instance, ectopic pregnancies are not abortion. Etc.
I agree. Hopefully AZ understands the gravity of ectopic pregnancies.

For those who do not understand medical terminology, here is a quick summary of ectopic pregnancies, based upon a Mayo Clinic article (Ectopic pregnancy: Rare but potentially life-threatening-Ectopic pregnancy - Symptoms & causes - Mayo Clinic):

1. An ectopic pregnancy is a condition where a fertilized egg grows outside the uterus, which cannot survive and may cause life-threatening bleeding.
2. The most common location for an ectopic pregnancy is in the fallopian tube, and hormonal factors or how the egg develops may contribute to its occurrence.
3. Early symptoms include light bleeding from the private part and pelvic pain, with shoulder pain possible if blood leaks from the fallopian tube.
4. Severe abdominal or pelvic pain, vaginal bleeding, extreme dizziness or fainting, and shoulder pain are reasons to seek immediate medical attention.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The procedure is identical be it life saving or elective.

• Winner
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The procedure is identical be it life saving or elective.
No it isn’t. I experienced it and it is absolutely not identical. And it is not considered a procured abortion.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The bigger question is why now? And I don't believe it's due to Christian efforts or a sudden bout of conscientiousness. It's another mechanism to divide and Christians will become the scapegoat for moral u-turns and related decisions. They'll say you're taking away their rights, denying access, discriminating, want to cut funding and so on. They'll tell society you're the problem. How do you think they'll turn them against you? It's right in your face.

~bella

Reactions: 65James
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟29,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What if aborting the baby saves the moms life?
If she was a woman seeking my advice, such as my wife, as much as I love and cherish her, I would encourage her to choose the life of the child over her own. After all, that is the degree of sacrificial love Jesus demonstrated for all of us for every situation. But would certainly fervently pray for the miraculous preservation of both of their lives.

If she chooses to abort, however, I would lead her to accept Jesus' forgiveness as well as offer my own. And pray for both of our healing. As I do for any repentant mother and father who aborts for any reason.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟725,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What's your view on abortion? AZ has passed NO ABORTIONS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Abortion "law" has been given to each state .... and is governed by each state .... our individual opinions about abortion don't matter (in regard to law). People could lobby their state to change/modify what is in place ... and that could or could not occur ... ultimately it's up to the governor to sign something into state law ... or not. State laws vary about many things state to state ... one can only find a state that is more in line with their beliefs ... and then move there.

Likely Plan Parenthood will challenge the state of Arizona ... so will see how it all "pans out".

I had to move out of a state about 2-1/2 years ago because their laws about several things had become way too out of whack from my personal beliefs.

No state has perfect laws ... because man is imperfect. How a state is governed is important and effects MANY things.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Abortion "law" has been given to each state ....
As well as the federal government. All the talk of states rights will end the instant there is a republican majority in both chambers and a republican president.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If she was a woman seeking my advice, such as my wife, as much as I love and cherish her, I would encourage her to choose the life of the child over her own. After all, that is the degree of sacrificial love Jesus demonstrated for all of us for every situation. But would certainly fervently pray for the miraculous preservation of both of their lives.

If she chooses to abort, however, I would lead her to accept Jesus' forgiveness as well as offer my own. And pray for both of our healing. As I do for any repentant mother and father who aborts for any reason.
I'm glad I'm not your wife, lol

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟247,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I'm all right with some reasonable abortion limitations. For example, no abortion in the third trimester, with certain exceptions (including if the mother's life is at risk).

I have a test case I apply to abortion laws. If a 12-year-old girl is raped, gets pregnant, and is within the first trimester, I'm opposed to anything that would make it more difficult for her to get an abortion if she wants one.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
But apparently not from conception, since it occurs before the zygote makes it to the womb.
You know what I meant. Conception to natural death. Zygotes deserve protection, too.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟876,030.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
b) The pregnancy resulted from rape or incest, and/or the mother is at risk of miscarriage.
I don't understand that underlined part. If there is a risk of miscarriage, why not just take the risk?

Upvote 0