Northeast
✟184,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So to you sin is not offering a sacrifice a for sin?
No, sin is lawlessness. Jesus fulfilled the entire law, so we no longer keep the elemental things in it. But we do still keep the principles.

And this is a beautiful summary of the principles in the entire law, as well as the prophets

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, sin is lawlessness. Jesus fulfilled the entire law, so we no longer keep the elemental things in it. But we do still keep the principles.

And this is a beautiful summary of the principles in the entire law, as well as the prophets
You have said repeatedly that you see the Mosaic law, ceremonial law and the 10 commandments as an indivisible whole. Why the change of mind?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟184,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have said repeatedly that you see the Mosaic law, ceremonial law and the 10 commandments as an indivisible whole. Why the change of mind?
They are an indivisible whole, no change of mind. We keep the principles of the entire law.

I think an elemental thing is something like location

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I disagree with your reading of scripture. However, and most importantly, the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation have not been fulfilled and they are included by the use of the word all.
Which ones of Daniel's prophecies pertaining to His first physical appearance on earth have not yet been fulfilled?

The prophecies in Revelation were made after Jesus ascended into heaven. They are not part of the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms in the Old Testament.

This is what I wrote:

Jesus came to earth in the flesh for His first appearance on earth to fulfill all the prophecies that were written about Him in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms. Matthew 5:17 He fulfilled all of them pertaining to His first appearance in the flesh. These prophecies are finished. John 19:29-30 He fulfilled/finished the first covenant (Law of Moses) by His perfect sacrifice on the cross and by this same perfect sacrifice, He mediated the Law of Christ, His new and better covenant. Hebrews 8:6, Romans 10:4, Galatians 6:2

I have edited this all in my OP in order to be more clear. I also added (pertaining to His first appearance on earth) in order to make another sentence more clear. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I appreciate it. :)

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Which ones of Daniel's prophecies pertaining to His first physical appearance on earth have not yet been fulfilled?

The prophecies in Revelation were made after Jesus ascended into heaven. They are not part of the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms in the Old Testament.

This is what I wrote:

Jesus came to earth in the flesh for His first appearance on earth to fulfill all the prophecies that were written about Him in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms. Matthew 5:17 He fulfilled all of them pertaining to His first appearance in the flesh. These prophecies are finished. John 19:29-30 He fulfilled/finished the first covenant (Law of Moses) by His perfect sacrifice on the cross and by this same perfect sacrifice, He mediated the Law of Christ, His new and better covenant. Hebrews 8:6, Romans 10:4, Galatians 6:2

I have edited this all in my OP in order to be more clear. I also added (pertaining to His first appearance on earth) in order to make another sentence more clear. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I appreciate it. :)
Jesus quoted Daniel and Daniel and Revelation are parallel books on the end times. I don't know if you know this but my Bibles say Revelation is The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus quoted Daniel and Daniel and Revelation are parallel books on the end times. I don't know if you know this but my Bibles say Revelation is The Revelation of Jesus Christ.
You did not answer my question.

Regarding the Book of Revelation:

Revelation 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

This revelation came to John shortly before the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem. However, these revelations that were given to John also contain historical events.

Example:

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

The discussion I am having with you concerns the prophecies written about Jesus in the Law of Moses, the Psalms, and the Prophets. We are not presently discussing the Book of Revelation. :)

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You did not answer my question.

Regarding the Book of Revelation:

Revelation 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

This revelation came to John shortly before the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem. However, these revelations that were given to John also contain historical events.

Example:

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

The discussion I am having with you concerns the prophecies written about Jesus in the Law of Moses, the Psalms, and the Prophets. We are not presently discussing the Book of Revelation. :)

What does it matter what pre incarnation prophecies have not been fulfilled? They are not all the prophecies in scripture. Have the prophecies concerning those who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus been fulfilled? Do you have the faith it takes to cast out demons and raise people from the dead? I certainly don't.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟184,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟184,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like how The Message deals with that passage

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I like how The Message deals with that passage
Yes, and you say the Mosaic law us an integrated into God's law. So therefore its sinful to not offer a sacrifice for sin. How is that when there is no longer a designated place to offer sacrifices?

Deuteronomy 12:10 But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the Lord your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;
11 Then there shall be a place which the Lord your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the Lord:*n3

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟184,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and you say the Mosaic law us an integrated into God's law. So therefore its sinful to not offer a sacrifice for sin.
No, because God's law that he gave through Moses to the children of Israel in the wilderness - often shortened to "the law of Moses", or just "the law" - was fulfilled.

But we do keep the principle of the sin offerings by believing in Jesus, his death and Resurrection.

We are not lawless, Jesus gave us his instruction. It is fully in agreement with the law and the prophets

How is that when there is no longer a designated place to offer sacrifices?

Deuteronomy 12:10 But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the Lord your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;
11 Then there shall be a place which the Lord your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the Lord:*n3

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, because God's law that he gave through Moses to the children of Israel in the wilderness - often shortened to "the law of Moses", or just "the law" - was fulfilled.

But we do keep the principle of the sin offerings by believing in Jesus, his death and Resurrection.

We are not lawless, Jesus gave us his instruction. It is fully in agreement with the law and the prophets
So, the law of God is not integrated with the law of Moses.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟184,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, the law of God is not integrated with the law of Moses.
No, the law of Moses is also the law of God

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, the law of Moses is also the law of God
I guess you're going to have to explain your position as you have said repeatedly someone who keeps the 10 commandments must also keep the ceremonial laws.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟184,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess you're going to have to explain your position as you have said repeatedly someone who keeps the 10 commandments must also keep the ceremonial laws.
Since the law is a unit, we want to adopt a consistent approach to all of it. If you keep one instruction by the letter, keep them all that way. Or keep them all in principle, but not to the letter.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since the law is a unit, we want to adopt a consistent approach to all of it. If you keep one instruction by the letter, keep them all that way. Or keep them all in principle, but not to the letter.

What about if it's impossible now as there is no longer a designated temple at which to sacrifice? And it's as if you give yourself a pass for not keeping what you call the entire law. What about Jesus' death on the cross? He told the Jews their house was left unto them desolate when the veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom. Is it all meaningless that the Lamb of God died for sin? Does that mean that anyone who keeps the Sabbath will not, cannot, be justified as they are sinning presumptiously??

Your beliefs have all kinds of implications that you apparently have never thought out.

Does God see me as giving Him an affront because I choose to keep His law? Do you think He sees me as arrogant and behaving with effrontery for loving Him and doing my best to keep His law? Would I be better off to ignore His law?

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What does it matter what pre incarnation prophecies have not been fulfilled? They are not all the prophecies in scripture. Have the prophecies concerning those who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus been fulfilled? Do you have the faith it takes to cast out demons and raise people from the dead? I certainly don't.
I don't think either one of us will benefit by continuing this conversation. :)

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟184,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about if it's impossible now as there is no longer a designated temple at which to sacrifice?
That's why I conclude that the entire law has been fulfilled, as Jesus said he came to do

And it's as if you give yourself a pass for not keeping what you call the entire law.
No, the scriptures tell me that the entire law is fulfilled.

We can use the phrase "whole law" instead of "entire law", if you wish.

What about Jesus' death on the cross?
I praise the Lord for it!

He told the Jews their house was left unto them desolate when the veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom.
And so it was.

Is it all meaningless that the Lamb of God died for sin?
Not at all.

Does that mean that anyone who keeps the Sabbath will not, cannot, be justified as they are sinning presumptiously??
No, we are justified by God's grace. We are all learning and growing.

Your beliefs have all kinds of implications that you apparently have never thought out.
I believe you are drawing conclusions that are not necessary conclusions.

Does God see me as giving Him an affront because I choose to keep His law? Do you think He sees me as arrogant and behaving with effrontery for loving Him and doing my best to keep His law? Would I be better off to ignore His law?
You would be better off dealing with his law in a consistent fashion, I believe :heart:

We are all learning and growing. It was the same with Apollos. He was doing his best. No doubt he earnestly loved God and God accepted him. There were things he could learn

Upvote 0