Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hebrews 11, the Hero's of Faith. :amen:
Amen,! where does this begin?

Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

What law?
Ro 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Who are the fathers Abraham goes to in peace?
Ge 15:15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.

Does Hebrews tell us? I think so.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Ro 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Ro 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Ro 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in

Abraham had his faith tested in the promise of life after death
Ge 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold,

And God made the promise sure by an oath, which is without repentance.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟14,842.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Levitical laws were likewise given by GOD (Lev 1:1, 4:1, 5:14, 61, 8, 19, 24, 7:22, etc., etc., etc.).

Those laws likewise came from the mouth of God (Lev 1:1, 4:1, 5:14, 61, 8, 19, 24, 7:22, etc., etc., etc.).

They being the revelation of the meaning of sin (spiritual defilement) and its remedy (blood sacrifice).

The Ark also contained a jar of manna and Aaron's staff (Heb 9:4), testimonies to their sin (Ex 16:2-4, 33, Nu 16:1-3, 17:10) covered by the Mercy Seat.

Sin being defined as also against the Levitical laws (Lev 5:5).

And in addition to the people, the Day of Atonement was for the cleansing of the Tabernacle from its defilement by the sin of the priest, his household (Lev 16:11-14) and the people (Lev 16:15), etc.

The Levitical laws were in no way contrary to the Decalogue.
The Leviticsl laws were given to show the meaning of sin as spiritual defilement, and its remedy to be blood sacrifice.

He likewise added that following (faith in) him was necessary (Mt 19:21).

And that faith is in Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord (Jn 3:18).

Orthodox Jews obey the Decalogue while denying Christ and, therefore, do not enter into the Holy City.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟1,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

Jesus, is the Law. Jesus' obedience surpasses that of all humanity. Jesus was the only One, capable of "fulfilling" the Law. Evil persists, but Jesus has already spiritually conquered it.

We are waiting for the fulfillment of the Physical conquering. (When He is King over all the Earth) We have a promise, of Righteousness, but in the meantime, we have been given our Wedding Garments. (Matthew 22:11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, 'How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend? ' The man was speechless."

The wedding Garment is Christ's righteousness (Galatians 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.)

Ephesians 4:24 and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

What was the faith Abraham had before he was circumcised?

Ro 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Ge 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Gen 22:16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; {shore: Heb. lip }
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Rom 9:6 ¶ Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟1,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ro 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
God, the Spotless Lamb, took the fate of us goats and allowed Himself to be counted a goat, so us goats could be counted as the Spotless Lamb. :D

I know that I'm not worthy, but that's why Grace means: Unmerited Favor. :heart:

• Winner
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God, the Spotless Lamb, took the fate of us goats and allowed Himself to be counted a goat, so us goats could be counted as the Spotless Lamb. :D

I know that I'm not worthy, but that's why Grace means: Unmerited Favor. :heart:
Ah yes......Did not John preach him?
Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. {taketh away: or, beareth }
Joh 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

Gen 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? {lamb: or, kid }
8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen....
14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen. {Jehovahjireh: that is, The Lord will see, or, provide }

Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

• Winner
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟327,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Arguments arise about the relevance of the 10 Commandments and the Law of Moses. I would like to explain here the differences between the two based on scripture (KJV).
The Ten Commandments

First, the 10 Commandments that were given by GOD, were written by the finger of GOD himself on tables of stone;
Deu 10:1 At that time the LORD said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.
Deu 10:2 And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark.
Deu 10:3 And I made an ark of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]tim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.
Deu 10:4 And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the LORD gave them unto me.
Deu 10:5 And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there they be, as the LORD commanded me.
Note that the tablets were placed INSIDE the Ark of the Covenant under the Mercy seat. The 10 commandments are on a permanent medium, STONE, they are a permanent record. the 10 Commandments are referred to in the biblical texts as My Commandments or His Commandments. The 10 Commandments are the Moral law left to humanity, Jews and Gentiles alike.
The Law of Moses
Moses wrote a separate set of Laws that contained ordinances precepts, and statutes. They contained many things that were important for the Israelites of that time such as food laws, purity laws, social laws, sacrifice and offerings, instructions for the tabernacle, the priesthood, the sacrifices the feasts and more. Moses also copied to text what was on the tables of stone, the commandments but it does not mean the 10 commandments given by GOD are from Moses, The 10 Commandments have a HOLY status and are forever and are Distinct and separate from the Law of Moses. The law of Moses written on parchment or other similar medium was TEMPORARY by nature and was put OUTSIDE the ark of the covenant as it is written;
Deu 31:24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,
Deu 31:25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,
Deu 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.
Deu 31:27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death?
The Mercy Seat
The mercy seat covering the Ark of the Covenant puts the emphasis on the Holiness of the Ark of the Covenant and it's contents, the Ten Commandments written on tables of stone;
Exo 25:17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
Exo 25:18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
Exo 25:19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
Exo 25:20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
Exo 25:21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.
Exo 25:22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

iu

The mercy seat was the cover of the ark of the covenant where the Lord would meet with Moses over the 2 cherubim. The ark is HOLY and the contents, the 10 commandments are HOLY being written by GOD himself on a permanent medium ( stone )
Once per year on the day of Atonement, the High priest had to sprinkle blood on the mercy seat covering the ark containing the 10 commandments from a sacrifice for forgiveness of sin. Sin being defined as breaking the 10 commandments, the moral law written on the tablets of stone INSIDE THE ARK.

Yeshua, the messiah, the son of GOD, was the ultimate sacrifice, He paid the price for our sins with his blood unto death. Since the Final sacrifice for sin was fulfilled By Christ, The Law of Moses was therefore no longer applicable, it was a temporary Law contrary to the 10 Commandments that will not pass away. The two set of laws were, kept separately, given differently and written differently.

Jesus said we must keep the Ten Commandments to be saved, (Mat. 19:16-19). We are not saved by our obedience to God's law, but by grace thru faith. We must repent of our sins having transgressed the commandments. Repentance changes us from disobedience to willing obedience. Those who are willing to obey the Ten Commandments shall enter thru the gates into the HOLY City;
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
His Commandments are sure and are Love and stand for ever and ever.
Deu 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!
Peace
Yes!! And this is why the ten commandments have always been viewed as obligatory by the ancient churches. Many Protestant churches, as well, continued to hold them up as important and relevant to one degree or another. And not only did Jesus point to the obedience of them as necessary in Matt 19 but Paul referenced the ten commandments specifically as being holy, right, good, and spiritual in Rom 7 and as being fulfilled by love in Rom 13.

By love, with Christ, under grace, walking by the Spirit, we can accomplish what we could not accomplish on our own, under the law: the law which could only testify to righteousness (and consequently only serve to convict us of our unrighteousness) but could never deliver it. Grace gives us the ability to do just that, to be obedient, to be and to do what we were created to be and to do. "Apart from Me you can do nothing" John 15:5. That's the message of the gospel: to be with God=man's justice/righteousness. To be apart from Him=injustice/unrighteousness. We're hopelessly lost and inevitably sinful if apart from Him. And that "apartness" came about in Eden with the Fall of man when Adam opted out of obedience to God. Our righteousness begins and ends with Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0