skuxess

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
✟15,121.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
well I know tht myself, being a PK, - every thing we did good or bad was always on watch. For instance, If i passed Maths and got a good score - and others would know, then Id have other kids around me trying to be the same becuase parents of those kids always made us look like we're the angels they should follow. If we went in the wrong direction, drinking, smoking so and so - we were suddenly the worst examples of this earth. Just because our Dad or Mum was a minister, we were somehow treated as royalty like them. A minister in alot of peoples eyes (esp the church) is the leader who knows ERVYTHING. Who makes the best decisions, who knows whats right from wrong - thats all just culture and tradition of what is expected of a minister and his family. Im involved with my choir and youth coz I want to. I used to be forced going to things I didnt wana be part of. Some people think that its easy the life that we lead as PK's but its not. It sucks having to feel like you gotta do and this coz everyone around wants to either be like you, follow you or just have what u go. I dont think theres enough bible studies given out to schools but that depends on those who want to take it in and listen.

Upvote 0
J

JosephOrtiz

Yep I feel that there is a big lack in bible class.That teachers are not treating the students for what they are.Disciples.I feel that the church needs to train and give them tools, the know how on how to live outside of the walls.There are so many needs for example lucy age 21 raised to be the best but looks down on someone even the homeless or Jerry who looks at the greek gods more then the bible itself.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
✟15,197.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I try to help out. I play drums in the worship team and run audio recordings during the messages. I'm also involved with church building upkeep, as in mowing lawns and cleaning the inside of the church. I'm fairly involved, but then so are many people at my church.

I like what skuxess said. I often feel like I'm living in a glass house where everyone can see in. PKs have the opportunity to get more biblical instruction than anyone else (simply because we're raised in the church), but that strength can easily become a weakness because PKs know exactly how to look spiritual when inside they might be totally lost.

For example, when does anyone pray for a PK's walk with Christ? The answer most of the time: when it's already too late.

Upvote 0

Nessie

The Prodigal Daughter
Apr 12, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟1,712.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I love helping out in the ministry. I teach kids' church, play the drums on the worship team, help clean the church, do some office stuff. I love being in the church, and all this isn't forced on me. The only reason I do it is because I love it. Sometimes they tell me maybe I'm doing too much, but I don't want to stop because it's a part of who I am and I have a great time doing it! Maybe I'm the oddball here :D

Upvote 0

4jesusonly

Sep 18, 2010
✟15,111.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
hi guys im new by the way...
but hmm....yea i thought it was hard being a pk because there were always just "natural" demands of dedication and required services to the church. I mean, I'm 21 now, but couple of years ago I thought it was unfair at how society (even church people) always judged us, and when they judged us, that determined how they would judge my parents as ministers. I was kinda forced to take drum lessons so I could play in the band, had to come earliest and stay the latest at church to clean around, volunteer as youth group leaders, sing in front of the church, set up tables and prepare food for lunch, give rides, ALL kinds of roles me and my siblings had to play...

But now that I think about it, they weren't all necessarily chores or things I eventually hated to do. I'm actually glad to have done these things b/c even though it kind of all felt thrown at me at first, it definitely made me grow and mature as a Christian.

Overall, we shouldn't really be too concerned with how society looks upon us and how they always judge us, but just worry and try to improve on how we look as a person to God and God only. In the end, it's just God's opinions that matter :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums