Finland
✟44,632.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few scriptures I'd like to bring into the discussion:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I hope I'm not taking these horribly out of context, but they seem to agree with the idea of constantly sharing your faith with your partner and not
As far as I know this one spot specifically describes God's love to us more then our love to each other. :)

Upvote 0

Gale

Feb 17, 2008
✟15,181.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
As far as I know this one spot specifically describes God's love to us more then our love to each other. :)
Isn't the love between partners supposed to be a reflection of God's love for us?

Besides, we're made in God's image, and whilst our love is clearly not as perfect as his, it's essentially the same type of love, isn't it?

Upvote 0

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟44,632.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't the love between partners supposed to be a reflection of God's love for us?

Besides, we're made in God's image, and whilst our love is clearly not as perfect as his, it's essentially the same type of love, isn't it?
Sure, all people are reflections of God and hence is their love to each other a reflection of Gods love to us. But a reflection is in case of a human (his/her love) and God (his love) not really so comparable; or would you say that a human ever could love even close as well as God? Read the Song of songs and compare it to 1 Cor 13 - you'll surely see a difference.

Upvote 0

Caroline_Com

Feb 8, 2010
✟7,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You may not want my opinion but it might be of interest to you because I am currently in the same sort of situation, except I'm the one who doesn't fully believe. I wasnt raised religiously but my boyfriend was, at first we both thought this would cause problems but in my opinion the important thing is that he is trying (as I am) to believe and understand God, for a person who hasnt been brought up religiously (assuming he hasnt) religion and God can be a very hard concept, it basically means retraining your brain how to think
I hope I have helped shed a different light on your situation and you are welcome to PM me if you would like more advice :)
Good Luck :D

Upvote 0