Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm very selfish. I don't know how to be less so. I realize my intentions are only selfsh and I don't know what to do. I smile alot because I think, this will make me look good. I don't feel any conviction. I believe I am afraid to let my true thougts come to the surface becauae I will then realize how truly wicked I am.
I am only self serving and a liar. I realize I only try to preserve myself. I know my true intentions deep down. I actually don't have any desire to know God.
You're hired. When can you start?
Personal honesty on this level is rare.

Many churchgoers feel the same way you do, but put on the mask you referred to.
Church should be a hospital for the hurting, not a museum for artificial saints.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,631.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@ c. Emerson: Does God give you everything you ask for?

Just saw this - the prompt didn't work...

It should have been @Carl Emerson

Answer to your question is no - but the bible says...

1 John 54:14

This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

So the key is asking according to His will...

Then you can be sure the request will be granted.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟366,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just saw this - the prompt didn't work...

It should have been @Carl Emerson

Answer to your question is no - but the bible says...

1 John 54:14

This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

So the key is asking according to His will...

Then you can be sure the request will be granted.
I think this came from another thread i started? I will see if i can find it and respond there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟844,886.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm very selfish. I don't know how to be less so. I realize my intentions are only selfsh and I don't know what to do. I smile alot because I think, this will make me look good. I don't feel any conviction. I believe I am afraid to let my true thougts come to the surface becauae I will then realize how truly wicked I am.
I am only self serving and a liar. I realize I only try to preserve myself. I know my true intentions deep down. I actually don't have any desire to know God.
You sound as though you are not yet a new creature in Christ. Paul, in the book of Romans, describes those who are dead in their sins: "All they have gone their own way, none seeks after God." If you were a new creature in Christ, you would have a strong desire to know God. If you carry on the way you are going, there is no hope for you. But you need to come to the Christ who died and shed His blood on the Cross for you. You need to turn away from everything about yourself, and turn totally in faith to Christ. Jesus Christ is your only hope. Without Him there is no hope for you. The only hope for you at present is in this life, and Paul says that those who have hope only in this life they are of all people most miserable. You can choose to take heed of what I am saying if you want to carry on as you are, but I am concerned for you and don't want to you end up in the judgment without Christ to be your advocate.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟844,886.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If you really want it you can ask Him for it.
I don't think they (I don't know the OP's gender) can. They need to be born again through a work of the Holy Spirit. Until they are born again, they cannot ask God for anything. Only putting no trust in self and clinging to the Cross of Christ can activate the Holy Spirit to convert them to Christ.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't think they (I don't know the OP's gender) can. They need to be born again through a work of the Holy Spirit. Until they are born again, they cannot ask God for anything. Only putting no trust in self and clinging to the Cross of Christ can activate the Holy Spirit to convert them to Christ.
I’m in the same boat as well. I’ve seared my conscience beyond recovery. I can’t repent. My username is appropriate. I’ve tried to reprogram my thoughts but it doesn’t work. I’ve actively been seeking God for several months now.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I’m in the same boat as well. I’ve seared my conscience beyond recovery. I can’t repent. My username is appropriate. I’ve tried to reprogram my thoughts but it doesn’t work. I’ve actively been seeking God for several months now.
3CF1F988-7D3E-42A9-992F-28C785FD28DC.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,631.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Holy Spirit draws the unsaved.

- of course they need to be born again but He can lead then to that point and even give them the desire for it if they really want it.

To suggest the unsaved are wasting their time crying out for God does not ring true for me.

How would anyone be saved if the Holy Spirit did not draw them to Himself.

I have advised atheists to ask God - if you are real, convince me of your existence.

This can truly be the tipping point towards salvation.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟844,886.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The trouble is that you have been trying too hard and have accepted that no matter what you do you cannot save yourself. The truth is that there is absolutely nothing you can do or contribute to your salvation. It is all of Christ, and it is only when you give up totally and put your trust in God's Word that says, "We are saved by grace, through faith in Christ, not of ourselves. It is the gift of God. Not of works lest any should boast." You can try to repent until the cows come home, but it will do you no good. You have to trust instead of trying. Trying to reform yourself will not save you. Those who told you that you have to change your life in order to be saved have lied to you. Did Jesus die for you on the Cross? Did He take the penalty of your sins upon Himself when He shed HIs blood? Did He rise from the dead to validate that He has the power to save you and give you eternal life? Then just believe it. If you kept trying to save yourself through giving up your sins, you were not trusting in Christ's death on the Cross. Accepting His death and resurrection is the end of self effort. The very fact that you are contributing to this thread shows that there is still a desire in you after God. Accept the fact that you are just a poor sinner and nothing at all, and make Jesus your all in all. Stop trying to be religious in your own strength. Believe that Jesus died for you, and then put yourself in the hands of the Holy Spirit to transform you into the person God's wants you to be, in His power, not your pointless effort. In other words, do nothing but believe the Scripture, "Come unto Me all you who labour and who are weary, and I will give you rest." What did Peter say to the crowd who cried out, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" He said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved." The Scripture also says, "He who says he has no sin deceives himself and the truth is not in him. If we confess our sin (in other words, accept that we are sinners and tell God so), God will forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:8-9). The Scripture also says, "Come let us reason together; though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." Everything you have typed about yourself on this thread about being reprobate, tell those things to God in prayer. Be brutality honest about yourself and your sinfulness, and acknowledge that Jesus died on the Cross for your sinfulness and ask Him to do His will in your life. And then put your trust in Him without further trying to make yourself sinless. It doesn't matter what you feel. You may still feel like a hopeless, sinning train wreck of a person, but you will be a train wreck trusting in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In other words, you will be a saved train wreck in whom the Holy Spirit will transform in HIs time.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
GOD has hardened my heart. I am going insane. I am getting to the point where I want God to just end my miserable life before I end mine. Seeking him seems pointless.He has turned me over to a reprobate mind. I have countless evil thoughts and they don’t even bother me. I wish He never created me. My hell will be a nasty one indeed. I will receive greater damnation. I am worthless to God. I know tomorrow is never promised and I have anxiety that I will die in my sleep. I am going to hell and there’s nothing I can do about it. :/

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟844,886.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
GOD has hardened my heart. I am going insane. I am getting to the point where I want God to just end my miserable life before I end mine. Seeking him seems pointless.He has turned me over to a reprobate mind. I have countless evil thoughts and they don’t even bother me. I wish He never created me. My hell will be a nasty one indeed. I will receive greater damnation. I am worthless to God. I know tomorrow is never promised and I have anxiety that I will die in my sleep. I am going to hell and there’s nothing I can do about it. :/
God hasn't hardened your heart. You heart toward God has always been hard, except that up until now you haven't realised it, or cared about it one way or another. But what you are showing is that you now realise that you are a hard hearted train wreck and it is making you miserable. You are being fully presented with the bad news about yourself - that in your present state you will definitely end up in the Judgment and condemned to hell. But the good news is that Jesus has given you a way of escape by dying on the Cross to take God's wrath upon Himself for your sinfulness. As I saw before, throw yourself on God's grace and mercy and trust in Christ who died for you. That's all you can do. Then you will be a train wreck trusting in Christ. Then allow the Holy Spirit to transform your heart. You can't transform your own heart. All you can do is to cling to the Cross and trust in the grace and mercy of God to forgive your sins.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The problem is is that I don’t care about my sin at all. Not in the slightest. I’m confident I’ve crossed the line of no return. I can’t make myself believe. Maybe I should just seek repentance and beg God to give me a clean conscience. As long as my heart is beating I will beg Him to give me repentance and a clean conscience. I think I am like this dude but the difference is I was never regenerate.Galnaros

Upvote 0