• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I’m going to hell, Jesus said so

Jven79

Jun 23, 2018
Howell, NJ
✟11,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ve caused people to sin. I’ve repented, but the truth is, from the mouth of Jesus himself, that I deserve to have a millstone tied around my neck and drowned into the depth of the sea than to cause someone to sin.

I have become very severely depressed that I did this. I’ve just recently become depressed actually, even though I’ve caused people to sin before I became a believer. I’ve lost my career because I can’t live with myself instead I live in guilt 24/7.

I often think of suicide now. I would never do it, but I do think about it, if that makes any sense.

I guess the reason for this thread is for some encouragement on how I can move on in life knowing that I’ll spend eternity in hell.

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well can we examine this on a case by case basis? Are you willing to confess and write to us what happened? Then we may have more understanding of your situation that we may give you more wisdom specifically for you and your issues..

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also feel like I'm going to hell a lot. The Bible does say, though, that if you repent God will be sure to forgive you. So maybe if you repent God will forgive you! I'm trying to repent myself. I hear voices in my head, some good and some bad. The bad voice tells me that I'm just too bad. Hopefully it isn't true though.

Try to find some good in life. Remember that the devil is a liar. He just wants people to feel like they are going to hell and there is no way out.

I pray that you will feel better, man. Maybe you don't have to go to hell forever.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I’ve caused people to sin. I’ve repented, but the truth is, from the mouth of Jesus himself, that I deserve to have a millstone tied around my neck and drowned into the depth of the sea than to cause someone to sin.

I have become very severely depressed that I did this. I’ve just recently become depressed actually, even though I’ve caused people to sin before I became a believer. I’ve lost my career because I can’t live with myself instead I live in guilt 24/7.

I often think of suicide now. I would never do it, but I do think about it, if that makes any sense.

I guess the reason for this thread is for some encouragement on how I can move on in life knowing that I’ll spend eternity in hell.

Let God be the judge. Repent of your sins and he will forgive you.

Unless you have rejected the Hoy Spirit and are still breathing your are not lost.

Upvote 0

Jven79

Jun 23, 2018
Howell, NJ
✟11,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well can we examine this on a case by case basis? Are you willing to confess and write to us what happened? Then we may have more understanding of your situation that we may give you more wisdom specifically for you and your issues..
Anthony Cribbs I can’t go into detail, let’s just say I’ve caused someone to walk away from the faith. This was before I was a believer myself. This person is no longer in my life it was from childhood and I have no way of reaching out to them.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anthony Cribbs I can’t go into detail, let’s just say I’ve caused someone to walk away from the faith. This was before I was a believer myself. This person is no longer in my life it was from childhood and I have no way of reaching out to them.

They were probably never saved to begin with when that happened!

Let me ask you now...

Why are YOU a Christian?

Upvote 0

Jven79

Jun 23, 2018
Howell, NJ
✟11,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They were probably never saved to begin with when that happened!

Let me ask you now...

Why are YOU a Christian?
I became a Christian because I realized what I did was so horrible, and I thought the blood of Jesus could save me. However I didn’t realize at the time that I deserved to have a millstone tied around my neck.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

When we repent of our sin, the guilt evaporates.

• Agree
Reactions: Valetic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pray that you will be able to feel better. I know you are really feeling down, but I hope that God will intervene and you will start to feel better. I really struggle with depression myself. A lot of times I feel like I committed the unforgivable sin (blasphemy against the holy ghost). So I feel hopeless too.

But many people have tried to help me nonetheless. They want to help you feel better too.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Nope, that doesn't disqualify you. You are being tricked into feeling guilty. Please forgive yourself. They were never really "of the faith" if they walked away because of something or someone in this world. And, how do you know that they didn't need that "falling away" from his or her fake faith to find the real faith? You may be beating yourself up and that person may actually be fine.

Please realize that anything you did before you came to the faith is forgiven--if you have asked God for His forgiveness. The only thing that Jesus said you couldn't be forgiven for would be "blaspheming the Holy Spirit" which isn't what you did.

May God bless you to see the Truth and stop letting the devil put you in a fake funk!

• Friendly
Reactions: SnowTiger
Upvote 0

Jven79

Jun 23, 2018
Howell, NJ
✟11,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope, that doesn't disqualify you. You are being tricked into feeling guilty. Please forgive yourself. They were never really "of the faith" if they walked away because of something or someone in this world. And, how do you know that they didn't need that "falling away" from his or her fake faith to find the real faith? You may be beating yourself up and that person may actually be fine.

Please realize that anything you did before you came to the faith is forgiven--if you have asked God for His forgiveness. The only thing that Jesus said you couldn't be forgiven for would be "blaspheming the Holy Spirit" which isn't what you did.

May God bless you to see the Truth and stop letting the devil put you in a fake funk!
But Jesus said this after he mentions the unforgivable sin. It’s like he changed his mind if he felt the need to say this

• Prayers
Reactions: SnowTiger
Upvote 0