• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Severe OCD blasphemy

Argem17

Nov 4, 2022
Nj
✟15,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all, I really need your help I suffer of severe OCD to the point that all I think is blasphemy, and everything time I try for example enjoy like having a conversation with someone I feel like I say something/mumbling blasphemous or my mouth open but only to make me feel sad and with shame, Sometimes I think I’ve said the blasphemy to self sabotage me on purpose, however this is not in my heart this is causing me a lot of stress, anxiety and depression. And the ocd threatening me like if you commit blasphemy you will become a homeless, you won’t be able to have a wife or have sex and everybody is going to dislike you because you won’t have any value and you don’t have any worth , or you won’t be able to even speak because you blasphemed. However I spoke with a Pastor in my church and he told me there’s no unforgivable sin but the Bible says this sin will not be forgiven and I received a promised from God through a Pastor when I was around 17 years old before all this happened and the Pastor has a good testimony and is a man of God. Has anyone experience anything like this??

Do you guys think the same that I won’t be able to have enjoy life or have wife or anything like just because of the blasphemy? I honestly don’t think sonand I think it’s the OCD ruining my life. I’ve spent 2 years of my life like that and only 28 years old , I am getting grey hair and losing weight. Because I feel I said the blasphemy on purpose but just to self sabotage myself. I also have severe low self steem because of that .

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please Brother, do not worry about such things, The lord knows you and Know of your difficulty. Please be reassured and do not fear, Just do the best that you can and the Lord will know as he knows our hearts. You would need a change of scenery and change your focus to something more pleasing to you. Of course you can be happy and have a wife if you so desire. Nothing is stopping you but yourself. Please do not fear and trust In God.

OCD can be a challenge to conquer, I hope you have a good doctor who specialized in this field. Do not hesitate, they will guide you properly and will plan with you what to do to remedy the problems you are facing at this time.

Be Blessed.

Upvote 0

Enahs4Him

Covered by the Blood of Jesus Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2011
U.S.
✟97,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all, I really need your help I suffer of severe OCD to the point that all I think is blasphemy, and everything time I try for example enjoy like having a conversation with someone I feel like I say something/mumbling blasphemous or my mouth open but only to make me feel sad and with shame, Sometimes I think I’ve said the blasphemy to self sabotage me on purpose, however this is not in my heart this is causing me a lot of stress, anxiety and depression. And the ocd threatening me like if you commit blasphemy you will become a homeless, you won’t be able to have a wife or have sex and everybody is going to dislike you because you won’t have any value and you don’t have any worth , or you won’t be able to even speak because you blasphemed. However I spoke with a Pastor in my church and he told me there’s no unforgivable sin but the Bible says this sin will not be forgiven and I received a promised from God through a Pastor when I was around 17 years old before all this happened and the Pastor has a good testimony and is a man of God. Has anyone experience anything like this??

Do you guys think the same that I won’t be able to have enjoy life or have wife or anything like just because of the blasphemy? I honestly don’t think sonand I think it’s the OCD ruining my life. I’ve spent 2 years of my life like that and only 28 years old , I am getting grey hair and losing weight. Because I feel I said the blasphemy on purpose but just to self sabotage myself. I also have severe low self steem because of that .
I have dealt with blasphemous thoughts for years. I know what you are struggling with. You are not alone and I can empathize. Check out Mark DeJesus' youtube channel. He deals specifically with religious OCD , including one on the unpardonable sin. He really has helped me alot. He is very compassionate . Check him out. It will encourage you.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟144,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Do you have anyone to help you deal with your OCD? For example, a therapist, pastor, friend, etc.? Or any helpful resources?

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2024
Lenexa
✟976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hey Argem. My name is Collin. I’m 27. I’m dealing with similar issues. Keep praying.

Firstly your pastor is wrong, there is at least one unforgivable sin:

Matthew 12:31-32 KJV
31 ¶ Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Also taking the mark of the beast. Some people conflate this with blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Beware of false teachers:
2 Timothy 4:3 (KJV)
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Sent via BLB app for Apple

(I believe we are here)

I keep having unspeakably blasphemous thoughts myself. What I think might’ve occurred, is I’ve struggled with lust my whole life almost. If we get free from sin and keep going back to it we get worse and worse: read 2 Peter 2:20 and Luke 11:24-26.

I remember literally feeling some form of bondage breaking after a prayer one time but unfortunately not long after went right back to sin.

As for your church you might want to show your pastor these Scriptures and if he’s still a heretic consider rebuking him and/or leaving (but entreating him if he’s an elder) 1 Timothy 5:1 (KJV):
Rebuke not an elder, but intreat [him] as a father; [and] the younger men as brethren;

Sent via BLB app for Apple
(this is one I sometimes haven’t done but trying to be better very frustrating with all the false teachers established in church offices)

But our problem is severe. We can keep in contact if you’d like and pray for one another. May God’s love grace healing mercy and deliverance be with us.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟144,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This article about people with OCD struggling with the unpardonable sin may be helpful. Eckert also has other articles about scrupulosity topics, including the unpardonable sin in particular, on her blog, so it may be worth checking out. I'm also happy to share links to other resources about OCD. It is a difficult thing to deal with, but it is very treatable and there is hope for experiencing victory over it!

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
of stress, anxiety and depression.
Depression is easy to cure. Use the Blood of Jesus to chase the devil and his thoughts out of your head and put on the mind of Christ. Everyone will tell you about the power of positive energy and positive thinking to bring us the healing that we want and need. My dad was a doctor so I know how powerful the power of suggestion and the power of positive thoughts can be. All the translations are good on thiis one.

1 corinthians 10 5

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

New Living Translation
We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.

English Standard Version
We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,

Berean Standard Bible
We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Berean Literal Bible
overthrowing arguments, and every high thing lifting itself up against the knowledge of God, and taking captive every thought into the obedience of Christ,

King James Bible
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Upvote 0