✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
i know this fact: it isn't going to happen

How much research have you done on this topic. This is something I've seen for myself... the site that had been proposed would not be nearly as environmentally intrusive as one might think.

Do you have nay idea how BIG Alaska is, and how little civilization there is up there.

Believe me... California itself is much mroe environmentaly intrusive than the proposed drilling site in Alaska.

Further more... without utilizing our domestic natural resources, we will continue to depend on the middle east for our oil. Being against the Alaska drilling is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Zach

Upvote 0

two feathers

of the wilderness
Apr 22, 2002
A broken world
✟9,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
coastie, i have to diss you bro. sorry

drilling in Alaska would be extremely environmentally intrusive, if not fatal to the fragile ecosystem that exists at the proposed drill site. Impact studies have shown that a disrupt in the precious balance of natural life as is(virtually untouched) in the Far North would have life threatening consequences worldwide
for all species, man and animal. Maybe not in our lifetime, or your children's, but most definetly in your grandchildren's lifetime. Have you ever heard the phrase: we feed our children at the expense of our grandchildren? This is human ignorance at its worst.

Is six months of oil worth such destruction of God's creation.

Instead of an all out dependency on other countries for resources, why can't we as Americans cut down on an inexcusable overuse of
these resources? Why are people so turned off by the idea of alternative means? Why would we rather destroy the Earth and engage in wars for something that we could quite possibly do without?
i believe it is because we are a lazy people who refuse to change our ways. And as a result, all life on Earth will suffer. Sooner or later.

I myself, as an activist, am highly aware of the amount of electricity, gas, oil, water, etc. that I use and I am constantly looking for ways to use less and less, as we all should.

"Thou canst not stir a flower without troubling of a star."-Francis Thompson

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Twe Feathers...

I, of all people, am extremely environmentally concious. DId you read the USGS reports regarding the drilling?
Did you read what National Geographic wrote?

National Geographic was not pleased with the North-Eastern proposal because it was the only breeding and spring feeding ground for the caribou found only in that region... however the other proposed site, which USGS reccommended, near the Yukon Territory is tundra. There is very little life there.

I do understand where you are coming from. I hate the entire pipeline... but the problem isn't purely environmental. Can you imagine the crisis if we were no longer able to get our oil from the Middle East? Back in the 60s I heard stories of people shooting each other over fuel here in the US.

I like your compassion for the environmetal effects, but I feel that it is rather idealistic. Until the rest of America is more like you, and less greedy, wasteful and glutinous (which is far far away) oil will be a staple of our economy. Out weighing everything... including breathable air.

What I am trying to say is that if you consider the evironmental impact compared to the economic and political gains, right now oil is more important to the US than our last true wilderness.

Zach

Upvote 0

two feathers

of the wilderness
Apr 22, 2002
A broken world
✟9,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by coastie

What I am trying to say is that if you consider the evironmental impact compared to the economic and political gains, right now oil is more important to the US than our last true wilderness.

Zach

america has backed itself into a corner;
and ignorance will continue to take presidence over wisdom.
the greatest economic and political gains lie in a promising future, not the 'here and now'.

let the suffering begin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coastie

Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
america has backed itself into a corner;
and ignorance will continue to take presidence over wisdom.
the greatest economic and political gains lie in a promising future, not the 'here and now'.

let the suffering begin.

Amen,

If you can find a way to show American's this, then I want you to run for President, and if you uphold your Christian moral standards, I will help run your campaign.

I am not arguing your point, I am just giving my opinion on America's current moral character. Economic gains now equal fat and happy Americans now... that is the currect conjecture.

Zach

Upvote 0

coastie

Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I almost forgot.

Back to the President. If you consider this from his perspective, you would see exactly what he is trying to accomplish politically. Our ties to the Middle East get weaker every day.

We will probably lose all ties to our oil in the middle east someday, and our greedy, monopolizing and price inflating automobile companies charge us high 5 digit figures for vehicles that cost two thousand or so to make.

Maybe that's who the President should go after. But then there's another problem there. Who are the lobbyists? Car and Oil companies. They have our congressmen and senaters by the throat. That is the reason all presidents have to be moderate. That is the reason that things change so slowly in a democracy.

It's because one man, no matter how right or wrong his views are, is only able to do what the Americans want him to. That's why moderation is the only way to accomplish anything in this current democratic structure.

Zach

Upvote 0

two feathers

of the wilderness
Apr 22, 2002
A broken world
✟9,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Amen,

If you can find a way to show American's this, then I want you to run for President, and if you uphold your Christian moral standards, I will help run your campaign.

I am not arguing your point, I am just giving my opinion on America's current moral character. Economic gains now equal fat and happy Americans now... that is the currect conjecture.

Zach

And an Amen back at ya

I will run for president and uphold my Christian moral standards if you'll back me up as vice president. It's me and you coastie, whatcha say?

Upvote 0

two feathers

of the wilderness
Apr 22, 2002
A broken world
✟9,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two feather... I'm in it for the long haul!

I'll take you up on that offer...

What will we call the party, The Moral Reformation Party?

Zach

You'll have to learn to spell "politics" in your profile, or this nation will have another Dan Quayle on their hands. Come on man, you're already hurtin' our chances.

Long live the M.R.P.

Upvote 0