Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It seems to me to be an odd way of expressing an attitude. How can any tool glorify God?
How does a toothbrush glorify God? Or a shovel, or a backhoe?
Or a Mercdes Benz?
I suppose what glorifies God is human freedom and humans using that freedom in a responsible and moral way in order to re-create the kind of world that God had in mind on the morning of the first day.

If you glorify God, being able to survive another day means that God will be glorified one more day by you keeping yourself alive.
Sometimes a firearm many play a role in that, I suppose.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had a chaplain Roy Mathis who at the time he served was the highest ranking chaplain in Vietnam . He carried a big bible with a cut out holding his .45 .. I joked with him one time and said 'Chaplain Roy, I know we always win with Christ but it would be nice to go in at halftime with the lead once in a while' .. btw I was not in Vietnam this was later where he was Chaplain to our company ..

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It seems to me to be an odd way of expressing an attitude. How can any tool glorify God?
Well,
when the worker with a borrowed TOOL - STEEL AXE HEAD - cried out to the prophet because the AXE HEAD came off and sank in water they could not see it/ reach it/ find it/ retrieve it in...
then
when the STEEL AXE HEAD FLOATED ! - GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST ! even in such simple daily things !

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've gotten to a point in my walk with God where I can glorify Him in just about any situation: such as going out in nature and seeing algorithms / geometry / patterns replete throughout creation, playing guitar, going to the gun range, etc. Yes, it may seem like an odd concept, but I attempt to keep my eyes on Christ and apply the verse Philippians 4:4 everyday in any scenario. I also see all of physical creation as revealing God's character to us, which is why I believe He created it.

Edit: It might also be a good idea to establish what exactly glorifying God means, to prevent ambiguity:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Desmond Doss Did.
I do.
Many others do.
TODAY.
See Foxes Book of Martyrs , for necessary examples to realize
what faith DOES TODAY.
Individually, yes. Collectively, as in mankind......no.....not going to happen until Christ's return.

Corrie Ten Boom would not have been able to fulfill her amazing ministry without folks who were willing to take up arms to stop Hitler's war machine.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Individually, yes. Collectively, as in mankind......no.....not going to happen until Christ's return.

Corrie Ten Boom would not have been able to fulfill her amazing ministry without folks who were willing to take up arms to stop Hitler's war machine.
Collectively, mankind is sons of disobedience - not at all any good.

Corrie ten Boom was protected and delivered by GOD, not by men,
as
also Desmond Doss was,
and
many many others throughout history and
throughout SCRIPTURE. (even in the OT)....

God Himself delivered Ireland, (or was it Scotland) for many years when they as a people obeyed and honored HIM.
Later,
they were not obedient, and they were clobbered..... (so to speak).

Even the Romans, when all God's People were praying at the time, was delivered from war and had greater peace than any other time, though God's People wold not join the Romans = they simply lived in the area/ within the boundaries / of the Roman jursidiction.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, God used armed men to defeat the Nazis....thus saving Corrie Ten Boom from the concentration camp so she could start her ministry.
He could have (and has in the past),
sent one angel to deliver her.

In fact, that's probably what happened !

SAME as GOD used in OT and NT at times, as written.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
He could have (and has in the past),
sent one angel to deliver her.
It's a possibility. He could also have sent a legion of angels to destroy Nazi Germany, but he didn't do that. He used armed men to do it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It's a possibility. He could also have sent a legion of angels to destroy Nazi Germany, but he didn't do that. He used armed men to do it.
Remember the servant of the prophet
in the OT,
when the servants eyes were opened,
he then saw the fiery chariots and angels all around.

Too many men were unjust during unjust wars the last century
but
GOD was never unjust nor in any way unrighteous.

The motives and source of the slaughters
for centuries has not been God,
and
God is the ONE who set the limits and
raised up or brought down as HE pleased.
Both with HIS angels, and with unrighteous nations/men.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,786,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed. The
Firearms Forum Statement of Purpose includes this:
Firearms Forum Statement of Purpose

The purpose of the Firearms forum is to give members a place to share information and advice about collecting, buying, and shooting firearms. Many people own firearms for many different purposes: some for defense, some for collecting, others for hunting, and some for target shooting (both recreational and competition). This forum is for all of these diverse groups of people to come together and discuss their hobby in a friendly environment of like-minded individuals. Newcomers and those curious about firearms are welcome to ask questions.

There is nothing unChristian about owning firearms, though Christians can have a legitimate diversity of opinions on their proper usage. All disagreements between members should remain light and not turn into a serious debate. Such debates are better suited to other forums.

Some specific guidelines for this forum include:

1. This is a safehouse forum for firearms enthusiasts, criticizing or mocking gun owners is not alowed.
2. This forum is intended to be informational and not for debate. There may be some disagreements, but these should be handled with grace towards one another rather than attacking one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.