Daily Bible Verses Easter Season To Pentecost | The Holy Spirit Will Come To Glorify Jesus | Love Revealed By Jesus Christ

WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟21,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Everyone,

This is my reflection on John 16: 12-15.

Jesus again at the Last Supper promises his disciples the gift of the Holy Spirit. The priestly prayer of Jesus continues.

My KJV audio is here on my site: Daily Bible Verses Easter Season To Pentecost | Wednesday Week 6 | The Holy Spirit Will Come To Glorify Jesus – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

My reflection goes like this:

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

We have heard Christ’s teachings, the clearest declarations of his divinity as God the Son, and his parables; we have witnessed his signs and miracles; and we have suffered and rejoiced through his death and resurrection. We know too that it is through the gift of the Holy Spirit that we are called to believe, and enabled to do so.

In these Bible verses, Jesus reveals some part of the truth of the mystery of the Trinity. Jesus tells us that, as everything the Father has belongs to the Son, and as everything the Son has belongs to the Father, so also the Spirit has what belongs to the Father and the Son, that is, the divine essence. The three persons of the Blessed Trinity are one. They are, indeed, the ultimate model of Christian brotherhood, and of the Church.

The coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost will bring clarity, truth and faith. It is through the action of the Holy Spirit that we glorify God. Inspired by the Holy Spirit, we recognize the Father through the Son. It is the gift of the Holy Spirit that enables our prayer. Through the gift of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, the Revelation is made perfect and complete.

‘The days between the Lord’s resurrection and his ascension, my dear brethren, did not pass away to no purpose: great mysteries were established in them, and great truths revealed.

‘During these days fear of the horror of death was taken away, and the immortality of the body as well as the soul was made known. During them the Lord breathed on all his apostles and filled them with the Holy Spirit.’ Pope St Leo the Great

Additionally, here is a YouTube of Psalm 77 KJV - Please of your charity like and share: