Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I have someone telling me that the earth is only 6,000 years old. Now I understand that a little bit but I wonder where the dinosaurs came from? I know there is a YEC who calls himself Dr Dino but I can not research why he uses this name because his videos have been removed.

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the book of job there are mentions of behemoth and the great leviathan, so God did create the dinosaurs and giant sea creatures. But the book of Genesis makes it very clear that God created every living thing that has been on earth. People try to argue there was a time before Adam and Eve, but there is no biblical proof of it and they are using that theory to try to explain what happened to the dinosaurs and try to explain where demons came from. I personally believe we just hunted them away. Just like many of the animals that have become extinct, like wholly mammoths, dinosaur fell victim mankind.

As for the earth being 6000 years old, that is hard to say because there are estimates from people who have taken the ages and time-frames mention in the Bible and added them together to get an estimate of 6000 years. The bible does give good genealogical accounts of peoples ancestry and so that's how they came to their answer. The bible mentions the ancestry from Adam to Jesus in great detail, and then we just add the 2024 from there.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟28,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Most Dinosaurs perished in the flood. Climatic change and hunting took out the remnant of those that came off the ark.
This in regard to the fossil record:
"Instead, there is overwhelming evidence that most of the sedimentary rock layers were deposited rapidly. Indeed, the impeccable state of preservation of most fossils requires the animals and plants to have been very rapidly buried, virtually alive, by vast amounts of sediments before decay could destroy delicate details of their appearance and anatomy. Thus, if most sedimentary rock layers were deposited rapidly over a radically short period of time, say in a catastrophic global flood, then the animals and plants buried and fossilized in those rock layers may well have all lived at about the same time and then have been rapidly buried progressively and sequentially."

Here's another good one:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟784,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It does not make sense to me to say they went extinct in the flood when the scriptures teach that Noah took representatives of each kind of animal. If we are taking a stance that the Bible teaches YEC then we can't also explain away that they should have been on the ark based on the text. Further, the massive size of some of the dinosaurs would seem to preclude them from actually being on the ark without taking all the room, based on the dimensions of the boat given in the text.

Personally I don't believe in YEC, so it is not an issue.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟28,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
It does not make sense to me to say they went extinct in the flood when the scriptures teach that Noah took representatives of each kind of animal. If we are taking a stance that the Bible teaches YEC then we can't also explain away that they should have been on the ark based on the text. Further, the massive size of some of the dinosaurs would seem to preclude them from actually being on the ark without taking all the room, based on the dimensions of the boat given in the text.

Personally I don't believe in YEC, so it is not an issue.

Noah took them, but large animals of any kind would have been babies, juveniles. That would go for Elephants, Rhinos, Horses, as well as T Rex, sauropods, and other large animals.

"
It makes more sense to think that God would have sent to Noah juveniles or smaller varieties within the same kind. Consider the following advantages of bringing juveniles or smaller versions of a creature:

1. They take up less space.
  2. They eat less.
  3. They create less waste.
  4. They are often easier to manage.
  5. They are generally more resilient.
  6. In the case of juveniles, they would have more time to reproduce after the flood.
Indeed, even when the giant dinosaurs and elephant-sized creatures are factored in, the ark animals were probably much smaller than is frequently assumed. According to Ark Encounter estimates, it is projected only 15 percent of ark animals would have achieved an average adult mass over 22 pounds (10 kg)"

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
time before Adam and Eve, but there is no biblical proof
God created man on the sixth day in Genesis one. So there is biblical proof of five days of time. The question is what does the Hebrew word mean:
י֔וֹם
yō-wm

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
the scriptures teach that Noah took representatives of each kind of animal.
The word used is hā-’ă-ḏā-māh, this refers to the ground that Adam came from. What we have on the ark are cultivated plants and domesticated animals. Noah saved the animals from one biodiverse ecosystem in Eden or ancient Mesopotamia. There are professors at the universities in Jerusalem that have a PhD in Botany and can tell you all about how the wild became cultivated. Noah did not save the ancient animals and grains, he saved the cultivated ones. All of Genesis chapter two explains what Noah saved. God devoted a whole chapter to this.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Noah took them, but large animals of any kind would have been babies, juveniles
The only dinosaurs to survive were crocodiles and turtles. They would not have to be on the ark because they can handle very wet conditions. But they do start off very small and it takes hundreds of years for them to get big. We do find the remains of dinosaurs in flood deposits.

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created man on the sixth day in Genesis one. So there is biblical proof of five days of time. The question is what does the Hebrew word mean:
י֔וֹם
yō-wm
Ok, yes, we had days 1-5 before Adam and Eve were created, but what I meant was that people try to say there was a time before Adam and Eve, a time before the 6 days of creation. Some say that there was another creation before this time and after that creation was destroyed and that God re-created the earth and that's where Adam and Eve comes into the picture. That's what I meant when I said that there is no biblical proof. There is no biblical proof of a civilization before Adam and Eve.

There was no death before Adam and Eve ate of the tree and sinned, after that sin entered into the world and sin brings with it death. So nothing would have died during those 5 previous days of creation. So Adam and Eve would have lived with the dinosaurs.

י֔וֹם
yō-wm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
-
I believe dinosaurs were animal nephilim, as Genesis states So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.
The world wide flood took place 200 million years ago at Pangea. This is why we find fish fossils on top of mountains far above sea level. Noah's flood was an archetype of the flood that took place back when the dinosaurs were destroyed. GAP tries to explain this but the belief like TE has not been thought through to a logical conclusion.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There are four major types of biblical hermeneutics that have arisen throughout history, although only the first is widely accepted today amongst evangelical churches.
  • Literal Interpretation. ...
  • Moral Interpretation. ...
  • Allegorical Interpretation. ...
  • Anagogical Interpretation.
The literal day takes place twice a year when there are 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. The rest of the year either day or night is longer. This also is effected at the poles where they can have 24 hours of darkess or 24 hours of light. So one day there is no light and one day there is no darkness.

Genesis 1

4 And God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning— the first day.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The world wide flood took place 200 million years ago at Pangea. This is why we find fish fossils on top of mountains far above sea level. Noah's flood was an archetype of the flood that took place back when the dinosaurs were destroyed. GAP tries to explain this but the belief like TE has not been thought through to a logical conclusion.
-
I forgot you are one of those..

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I have someone telling me that the earth is only 6,000 years old. Now I understand that a little bit but I wonder where the dinosaurs came from? I know there is a YEC who calls himself Dr Dino but I can not research why he uses this name because his videos have been removed.
Here is why I am a Young Earth Creationist. I trust God and His word over the corrupt ways of man. The age of the earth? I've studied scientific method and I can assure you that there is not a single scientist who knows the age of the earth or the universe. Scientific method is not to be confused with philosophy. The philosopher uses eloquent speech to convince others that his opinion is correct. Scientific method does not use eloquent speech for anything. A scientiist could have a speech problem and still be a scientist. With that said, scientific method requires clear observations and regular testing. Who has done this with the age of the earth? Nobody has. In order for a scientist to know the date of the earth or the universe for all that, he would have to first build a time machine and then travel back in time to measure time and space and then come back to the present and present his information. Since nobody has done that all we have are philosophers telling us the date of the earth. As for dating methods, that is gadget philosophy and the dates need to be confirmed with a time machine to make sure the dates are correct. There are other factors as well that the Flood or the K/pg event (asteroid) which would have greatly upset the carbon balance on earth also leading to troubles in modern dating methods. I believe God and question man's integrity and not the other way around.
As for the dinosaurs. There are plenty of authentic petroglyphs and engravings that prove that dinosaurs and man co-existed. There are plenty of ancient tests (including the Bible) that mention dinosaurs. However, you won't find the word dinosaur in any Bible since dinosaur is a newer English word that was coined in 1841 by Sir Richard Owen. I'm sure many here have already referenced mentions of dinosaurs in Scripture. But the best place to go is Genesus and use the Latin Vulgate since Latin is the general language of paleontology. In Genesis of the Latin Vulgate dinosaurs are simply referenced as reptiles. As for the giant size of dinosaurs, reptiles can continue to grow as long as they are alive. Back in the days of Genesis, aka, the Antediluvian era, humans, animals and reptiles had pro-longed life-spans. Since reptiles can grow as long as they are alive, reptiles grew to become gigantic in proportion. As for the taxons of dinosaurs. Genesis calls them reptiles. Evolutionists today call them birds. This is what I mean by trusting God over man. Birds do not continue to grow as long as they are alive. But reptiles do. So what makes more sense: dinosaurs being reptiles or birds? Humans may have grew a little larger then average humans today but their size was basically the same as humans today. Dinosaurs started out small but due to the longevity of their lives they became gigantic.
Finally, the fossils of dinosaurs are discovered in sedimentary rock which is formed by the erosive force of water and a whole lot of it. If the dinosaurs became extinct because of some asteroid smashing into the earth then we should not find any fossils of them at all, most especially in the K-T Boundary. Yet the K-T Boundary is full of dinosaur graveyards also found in sedimentary rock which gives us the cause of death being water. The dinosaurs drowned in the Flood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
for the giant size of dinosaurs, reptiles can continue to grow as long as they are alive. Back in the days of Genesis, aka, the Antediluvian era, humans, animals and reptiles had pro-longed life-spans. Since reptiles can grow as long as they are alive, reptiles grew to become gigantic in proportion. As for the taxons of dinosaurs. Genesis calls them reptiles. Evolutionists today call them birds. This is what I mean by trusting God over man.
You are not trusting God. You are trusting your translation, interpretation and understanding of the Bible. You are questioning other people understanding and what they feel God has shown them.

The main point here is you believe in the coexistance of man and dinosaurs. According to science and their study of ice core samples the atmosphere was very different at the time. We read in Genesis 7:11 "the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.". This is when the climate and atmosphere was changed. It brought about the end of dinosaurs and primates began to evolve. Man of course is a primate. The ice core samples show us that the atmosphere was different back then and the sky was pink.

The main point here are the ICE CORE SAMPLE. This is testimony from God himself in regard to the age of the earth. You can study the layers just like you can study the rings on a tree to see how old the tree is. This is evidence that God gives us so we can know the age of the earth. So what is your understanding of the ice cores and the layers that are formed by the changing seasons? Back when I was YEC I would argue that the layers were created by snow storms within a season and they do not represent a whole season.

"Ice cores are cylinders of ice drilled from ice sheets and glaciers. They are essentially frozen time capsules that allow scientists to reconstruct climate far into the past. Layers in ice cores correspond to years and seasons, with the youngest ice at the top and the oldest ice at the bottom of the core.

Also talking about tree rings the oldest tree is said to be 9,000 years old. How can this be if the earth is only 6,000 years old? I believe Adam and Eve were real people that lived in the garden of Eden 6,000 years ago. This was the beginning of civilizatino and the world as we know it today. That is why I call myself a YEC because I believe Adam, Eve & Noah were real people and the events we read about really happened just as the Bible tells us. Science can be used to verify that the Bible is 100% accurate and true. Or if there is some human error it is very little and very minimal which is a miracle all in itself.

Of course we both believe in the Bible, we just have a different understanding of the Bible.

1706489604155.png
1706490198814.png

Attachments

• 1706490199004.png
    1706490199004.png
    678.9 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
You are not trusting God. You are trusting your translation, interpretation and understanding of the Bible. You are questioning other people understanding and what they feel God has shown them.

I read the Bible in Hebrew, Greek and Latin, as well as old English and modern English. Ancient tradition supports my view and that's all I need. OEC is a modern point of view designed as a compromise (out of the fear of men) with evolution. Since I do not have a fear of man and place my fear in the Lord, I reject OEC. I trust God and His word and I have never read OEC in the Bible. Believe me, if OEC was in the Bible I would have no problem accpeting it as I do trust God. But every verse quoted by OEC is very clearly yanked out of context and doesn't support their view.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟28,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Also talking about tree rings the oldest tree is said to be 9,000 years old. How can this be if the earth is only 6,000 years old?

Estimates, not actual age. And those are clonal trees, not based on tree rings. All that 9,000 year stuff is based on guestimates and speculation. Anything involving use of radiocarbon is suspect, as there are too many variations.
Oldest trees based on tree rings which show actual age are between 4000 - 5000 years old, which places them exactly in the flood range.

Reactions: Ragdoll
Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The main point here is you believe in the coexistance of man and dinosaurs. According to science and their study of ice core samples the atmosphere was very different at the time. We read in Genesis 7:11 "the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.". This is when the climate and atmosphere was changed. It brought about the end of dinosaurs and primates began to evolve. Man of course is a primate. The ice core samples show us that the atmosphere was different back then and the sky was pink.

The main point here are the ICE CORE SAMPLE. This is testimony from God himself in regard to the age of the earth. You can study the layers just like you can study the rings on a tree to see how old the tree is. This is evidence that God gives us so we can know the age of the earth. So what is your understanding of the ice cores and the layers that are formed by the changing seasons? Back when I was YEC I would argue that the layers were created by snow storms within a season and they do not represent a whole season.
There is a lot of philosophy in your post in which I'm not one to trust. There are many creation websites that will provide you with answers for tree rings. Its up to you to go there and find out. I cannot do that for you. I'm not the forceful type. You did not name the man who invented the time machine and therefore you cannot verify any of the data you claim to know. All of this is based on philosophy and not scientific method. There is ample proof that dinosaurs and man co-existed. There are authentic petroglyphs and engravings all over the world that prove this. There are plenty of ancient text to go along with those petroglyphs. While I'm not here to give you a long sermon on dinosaurs I will demonstrate a texts that goes along with an engraving.
In the Golan Heights region of Israel, there lies the ancient ruins in an ancient Roman town where there is a Jewish synagogue called Umm El-Kanatir that was inhabited between 400-749 AD. At the base of one of the pillars of the synagogue, was an engraving of two theropod dinosaurs attacking what appears to be a horse or an elephant (most likely a horse). This is evidence for theropods in ancient Israel.

img (2).jpg

Then we have a verse in the Apocrypha about theropods before the Christian era.
img.jpg

Now when you read the entire context of this chapter you are not reading about something that happened in 50 B.C. This passage is a reflection of creation and some of the terrifying beasts God created. Clearly man has seen and recorded these terrifying beasts. The description here favors theropods since that would cause me to describe something like what you see described in this passage. Is the pasaage exaggerated by man's fear? I think it is. I think the exaggeration is there to expound on the fear that any man would feel if they encountered a theropod in the wild. And there are many sauropod texts and petroglyphs.

Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟28,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
There is a lot of philosophy in your post in which I'm not one to trust. There are many creation websites that will provide you with answers for tree rings. Its up to you to go there and find out. I cannot do that for you. I'm not the forceful type. You did not name the man who invented the time machine and therefore you cannot verify any of the data you claim to know. All of this is based on philosophy and not scientific method. There is ample proof that dinosaurs and man co-existed. There are authentic petroglyphs and engravings all over the world that prove this. There are plenty of ancient text to go along with those petroglyphs. While I'm not here to give you a long sermon on dinosaurs I will demonstrate a texts that goes along with an engraving.
In the Golan Heights region of Israel, there lies the ancient ruins in an ancient Roman town where there is a Jewish synagogue called Umm El-Kanatir that was inhabited between 400-749 AD. At the base of one of the pillars of the synagogue, was an engraving of two theropod dinosaurs attacking what appears to be a horse or an elephant (most likely a horse). This is evidence for theropods in ancient Israel.

View attachment 341938

Then we have a verse in the Apocrypha about theropods before the Christian era.
View attachment 341939

Now when you read the entire context of this chapter you are not reading about something that happened in 50 B.C. This passage is a reflection of creation and some of the terrifying beasts God created. Clearly man has seen and recorded these terrifying beasts. The description here favors theropods since that would cause me to describe something like what you see described in this passage. Is the pasaage exaggerated by man's fear? I think it is. I think the exaggeration is there to expound on the fear that any man would feel if they encountered a theropod in the wild. And there are many sauropod texts and petroglyphs.

Even the verses in Wisdom right before that: 11:15-16,
"But for the foolish devices of their wickedness, wherewith being deceived they worshipped serpents void of reason, and vile beasts, thou didst send a multitude of unreasonable beasts upon them for vengeance; That they might know, that wherewithal a man sinneth, by the same also shall he be punished."

We know people worshipped 'dragons," and here it looks like they attacked humans as vengeance for this.

Reactions: Ragdoll
Upvote 0