Akron
✟79,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The "law of first mention" is a principle used in biblical interpretation that suggests the first mention or occurrence of a concept, word, or theme in the Bible sets the tone or establishes the foundation for its meaning throughout the rest of Scripture.

Genesis 1:5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years":

There are people who claim that the earth is 6,000 years old based on Genesis chapter one. They say a day is 24 hours. First of all, there has never been a 24 hour day, that is why we have leap year. Also the Bible says that the light is day and the dark is night. So a day is when there is light. In some areas of the world a day can be very long or very short depending on the time of the year.

In science we have rings on the trees that indicate seasons. We have layers in ice core samples going back 800 million years. We have layer of rock in our geology that goes back to the beginning of the earth. Jesus said the stones would cry out. They do cry out and their message is that the earth is a lot more then 6,000 years old.

For me when I look at Astrophysics, Geology and theistic evolution I am amazed at what God has done. When I look at evidence like fossils I am convinced that God wants to show us what He has done and He leaves us undisputable evidence for that. All of the natural evidence God gives us helps us to better understand our Bible. We need science and religion working together to fully understand. I became religious because science could not provide the answer and solutions I was looking for. With God we do find the solution to every problem, the answer to every question. All Christians agree that God does not EVER disappoint us in the long run.