Bible Character Contest to Begin September 1st!!!

J

jereBiblegameFund

:clap: :clap:
Ya! It's finally here!!!!! And, we are all excited!

Contest begins September 1st. Cutoff date will be September 8th. You can have your screenshot taken, but your essay MUST be submitted no later than 9/17. Judging will begin later in the week, and winners will be announced on 9/23.

The rules are as follows and if anyone does not understand anything just post it here or pm me.

1. Pick a scripture that is near and dear to your heart. This can be a set of scriptures, or one.
2. You need to submit an "essay" explaining why this scripture means so much to you. *We would really like it to be no less than 50 words, and there is NO maximum. This does count in the total overall score you will have. *Please note that the essay will make up a large part of your score. **Once you have submitted the essay, please do NOT change it. It will be captured for judging right away.***
3. Dress up in a way that describes the scripture you have chosen, or the character in the scripture(s).

There will be a Grand Prize winner of 30,000 blessings.
1st place will be 15,000
2nd place will be 10,000
3rd place will be 8,000
4th place will be 5,000

There will be several honorable mentions that will receive different amounts of blessings.

Each participant will receive blessings for participating.

As stated previously, I believe this to be more than just a game, and something we all need at this time. God bless each of you as you prepare for the contest. God be with you!

Jere
&
JuJu

Judges:
Jere
JuJu
Mama3hmscool
Ty

Reactions: Rut

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
<
Contestants
(blue names have no screenshot, green names, we have your screenshot)
~~contestants_.png

Screenshots
~~OneImage_.jpg

>

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hi, it sounds great
questions: how do we join?
we dress up our chracters - and then? take our own screenshot?
do we stay dressed like that the whole time the contest is on or just for the screen shot? thanks :)
Ariella, no, you don't have to take your own screenshot. Gregged is helping me with that, so the judges can take the shots for you. I believe you may be on the list, if you're not, I will add you. :)

I'll answer the other question regarding characters on the next post. :)

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is a list of questions I have been asked so far, and thought it would be helpful to post them here for everyone. :)

Do we have to remain in character the entire time?
  • No, not at all. As soon as you are ready, you can pm one of us (judges), and whoever is online can take your screenshot. Then you are free to change your clothes.
What if someone else wants to be the same character as me?

• That is ok. God's Word speaks individually to the heart of each person. So, what I may interpret a scripture(s) to be, it may mean something entirely different to another person.
  • Also you can use the same character and refer to different scriptures. Look at Abraham. He was in the OT, but was referred to in the NT in what we call the Hall of Faith.
I will continue to update the questions as I receive them here.

God bless.
Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.