WI
✟117,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course you can do something. Harmful food additives can be banned, fast food can be regulated, smoking can be discouraged.
Agreed. But the government in the USA is too dense and focused on money to figure that one out. At least the EU has some of this stuff figured out.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Have you considered the possibility you don't have all the facts? Posting an article doesn't mean you have all the details. It means you shared an article that presented a perspective. Alternative options exist for health care. Some are accessible and others are out of reach.

Most consumers deal with traditional providers or government programs. Two others exist: boutique medicine and executive health. I doubt you're familiar with them. If you were you wouldn't have challenged him.

America was designed on a class-based system. Rest assured there's a velvet rope for everything. Haven't you noticed there aren't a lot of wealthy kids with your condition? There's a reason. To assume medical access is identical is ignorant or uninformed. There are treatments insurance companies are unwilling to cover or they're only available when paying with cash.

~bella

• Winner
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟496,465.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I agree. But we need a regular forum where it is just the facts, a separate subforum for just news and science.
And who gets to decide what "just the facts" are?

You're already acting like some sort of impartial arbiter of truth by posting longform summaries of all articles. Now you want to have those longform summaries stand uncontested?

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟879,060.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes Sir, European laws are superior for their people's health. I wasn't bashing walmart per se but their bottled water because the container is paper thin. I catch myself squeezing the bottle and I know microplastics fly into my water every time I squeeze that bottle. Maybe I need to find a harder plastic bottle of water.

Maybe you can forget bottled water, and buy a reusable metal water bottle instead, though a lot are cheap Chinesium that dent easily.
According to the WHO, microplastics are a low health concern. I think probably because humans can't digest plastic, they just pass through your system.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,442,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the WHO, microplastics are a low health concern. I think probably because humans can't digest plastic, they just pass through your system.

....the WHO document is from 2019 and mentions:

The data on the occurrence of microplastics in drinking-water are limited at present, with few fully reliable studies using different methods and tools to sample and analyse microplastic particles.

What does the research of the last 5 years suggest?

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟879,060.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
....the WHO document is from 2019 and mentions:

The data on the occurrence of microplastics in drinking-water are limited at present, with few fully reliable studies using different methods and tools to sample and analyse microplastic particles.

What does the research of the last 5 years suggest?
I don't know.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And who gets to decide what "just the facts" are?

You're already acting like some sort of impartial arbiter of truth by posting longform summaries of all articles. Now you want to have those longform summaries stand uncontested?
Well, we both agree on the water issue. :) But yeah, it is okay if someone wants to disagree with the article, as long as they don't shoot the messenger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course you can do something. Harmful food additives can be banned, fast food can be regulated, smoking can be discouraged.
I’d settle for the banning of prescription medicines from television.

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟837,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
PFAS. It's not just for drinking water any more.

We've contaminated ourselves, which contaminates our poop, which contaminates the fertilizer made from our poop, that allegedly runs off onto the ranchland. The circle of life!

Texas ranchers say ‘forever chemicals’ in waste-based fertilizers ruined their land

The fertilizer maker says its products are safe, and that the government supports using it as a valuable practice that recycles nutrients to farmland.

Ames said she found what she later learned were piles of fertilizer made from biosolids, which come from human waste and are full of what researchers call PFAS, also known as “forever chemicals.”

According to multiple studies and the Environmental Protection Agency, all humans consume PFAS chemicals, which are used to make all sorts of products including shampoo, carpet, frying pans and even makeup. The chemicals end up in our human waste, which is then sent to a wastewater treatment facility. During the treatment, biosolids are created.
Those biosolids, also called sewage sludge, can be used to make fertilizer, which is what a company called Synagro does.

And Synagro has a contract with the city of Fort Worth to use their biosolids to make fertilizer.
Tony Coleman and four other landowners are suing Synagro for the contamination on their land.

Detective Ames said Eurofins Lancaster Laboratory tested the tissue of the cows, fish and horses that died on Coleman’s ranch. She said they found extremely high levels of PFAS in animal tissue. Tests also found it in the well water in Johnson County. Eurofins is a TCEQ state approved certified lab.
“The well water, all the animal tissues tested 100-percent contaminated,” Ames said. “We had 100 percent contamination on these properties.”

Upvote 0