WI
✟115,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello folks. America has has issues with toxic water before, such as with lead as in Flint, MI. The EPA has made a law to remove harmful "forever chemicals" from the water. Here is the article: https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/bi...s-first-ever-national-drinking-water-standard

EPA article summary:

The article announces the first-ever national, legally enforceable drinking water standard issued by the Biden-Harris Administration to protect communities from exposure to Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS), also known as "forever chemicals." Exposure to PFAS has been linked to deadly cancers, impacts on the liver and heart, and immune and developmental damage in infants and children. This final rule will reduce PFAS exposure for approximately 100 million people, prevent thousands of deaths, and reduce tens of thousands of serious illnesses.

The announcement comes with $1 billion in newly available funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to help states and territories implement PFAS testing and treatment at public water systems and to help owners of private wells address PFAS contamination. This is part of a $9 billion investment to help communities with drinking water impacted by PFAS and other emerging contaminants, the largest-ever investment in tackling PFAS pollution. An additional $12 billion is available for general drinking water improvements, including addressing emerging contaminants like PFAS.

EPA Administrator Michael Regan and White House Council on Environmental Quality Chair Brenda Mallory made the announcement at an event in Fayetteville, North Carolina, where residents were affected by PFAS contamination in the Cape Fear River. The rule sets limits for five individual PFAS: PFOA, PFOS, PFNA, PFHxS, and HFPO-DA (also known as "GenX Chemicals") and a limit for mixtures of any two or more of four PFAS: PFNA, PFHxS, PFBS, and "GenX chemicals."

The Biden Administration's commitment to ending cancer as we know it through the Cancer Moonshot initiative is also highlighted in the article. The new limits will prevent thousands of premature deaths, tens of thousands of serious illnesses, including certain cancers and liver and heart impacts in adults, and immune and developmental impacts to infants and children.

The rule will apply to about 66,000 public drinking water systems subject to this rule, with three years for initial monitoring and five years to implement solutions to reduce PFAS in their drinking water. The new limits are achievable using a range of available technologies, including granular activated carbon, reverse osmosis, and ion exchange systems. EPA will work closely with state co-regulators to support water systems and local officials in implementing the rule and provide information through a series of webinars.

North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper and environmental organizations like the Environmental Working Group and Clean Cape Fear have expressed their support for the new standards. The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law makes an unprecedented $21 billion available to strengthen drinking water systems, including addressing PFAS contamination. EPA also has a Water Technical Assistance program to help small, rural, and disadvantaged communities access federal resources and apply for water infrastructure funding.

PFAS are prevalent in the environment and can be found in everyday products since the 1940s due to their ability to repel oil and water and resist heat. Exposure to certain PFAS over a long period of time can cause cancer and other illnesses, with impacts felt during critical life stages like pregnancy or early childhood. Across the country, PFAS contamination is impacting millions of people's health and wellbeing through drinking water or food, products containing PFAS, or workplace exposures.

Last edited:

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Between 1929 and 1949 several proven cures, several proven ways to end cancer, were used a lot.
Books and studies detailing this medically and for the laymen were published.
The poisons in the food supply that were causing cancer were made known (1948).

What happened next? Money was taken away from those curing cancer, and from the medical schools training how to cure (almost any) cancer. Instead, millions, then later billions, were given to those who willingly dropped and censored the cures and instead promoted toxins.

"World Without Cancer", a realistic hope when the truth was known, was published.

Instead, the money making cancer methods were promoted, and the cures forbidden by fed law.
Guys, I am just summarizing the articles here, even if I may not 100% agree with them. Yes, we use artificial flavors in the US, we have fast food here, smoking wasn't banned in public until the 21st century, but there is nothing we can do, except not buy from those companies. Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟307,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Between 1929 and 1949 several proven cures, several proven ways to end cancer, were used a lot.

What happened next? Money was taken away from those curing cancer, and from the medical schools training how to cure (almost any) cancer. Instead, millions, then later billions, were given to those who willingly dropped and censored the cures and instead promoted toxins.

"World Without Cancer", a realistic hope when the truth was known, was published.

Instead, the money making cancer methods were promoted, and the cures forbidden by fed law.
What are these "proven cures" that were forbidden by law?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no idea what Aaron112 is going on about, he thinks we cured cancer in the 1930s*. As soon as I post a science article here or mere hours later, people want to shoot the messenger or spread conspiracies. A lot of science critics, keyboard warriors it seems like to go after me. :(

*There are no cures for cancer that are proven, except for experimental treatments.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟72,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

May I see links online for the research supporting those conclusions?

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May I see links online for the research supporting those conclusions?
It seems like @Aaron112 has decided to leave us. He is not presenting us with the links to support his conclusions.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Then again, this could be just a statistical-artifact (of more cancers “showing up”) because more people were surviving and not dying from Tuberculosis, poliovirus (etc), but ended up with this or that cancer?
Your Second Act is hackneyed and needs work.

“Norma Rae” it ain’t.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thus the prince of this world wants everyone to believe that.

When the truth is revealed, this is proven false entirely.
Back this up with evidence, please. Can you show me a peer reviewed article?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no idea what Aaron112 is going on about, he thinks we cured cancer in the 1930s*. As soon as I post a science article here or mere hours later, people want to shoot the messenger or spread conspiracies. A lot of science critics, keyboard warriors it seems like to go after me. :(

*There are no cures for cancer that are proven, except for experimental treatments.
I think we all got our debate caps on when coming to the forum. You should look into nutritional science because you can reverse some diseases at least me with Type 2 Diabetes. They say certain foods feed cancer and in an active person, autophagy eats cancerous cells and old proteins.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think we all got our debate caps on when coming to the forum. You should look into nutritional science because you can reverse some diseases at least me with Type 2 Diabetes. They say certain foods feed cancer and in an active person, autophagy eats cancerous cells and old proteins.
True, potentially, but why does every single forum have to be a debate? I was just presenting the facts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True, potentially, but why does every single forum have to be a debate? I was just presenting the facts.
Was it the PFAS thread that one is interesting, and it made me think of microplastic that I regularly ingest from the Walmart bottled water. The human body is amazing to resist all the environmental poisons but if you look at Americans health I think we've reached our toll.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was it the PFAS thread that one is interesting, and it made me think of microplastic that I regularly ingest from the Walmart bottled water. The human body is amazing to resist all the environmental poisons but if you look at Americans health I think we've reached our toll.
I agree. So, we must avoid bottled water, and use ISO rated carbon filters. Also, Walmart is not that good, but that is for another time. Europe has one upped North America.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree. So, we must avoid bottled water, and use ISO rated carbon filters. Also, Walmart is not that good, but that is for another time. Europe has one upped North America.
Yes Sir, European laws are superior for their people's health. I wasn't bashing walmart per se but their bottled water because the container is paper thin. I catch myself squeezing the bottle and I know microplastics fly into my water every time I squeeze that bottle. Maybe I need to find a harder plastic bottle of water.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes Sir, European laws are superior for their people's health. I wasn't bashing walmart per se but their bottled water because the container is paper thin. I catch myself squeezing the bottle and I know microplastics fly into my water every time I squeeze that bottle. Maybe I need to find a harder plastic bottle of water.
Maybe you can forget bottled water, and buy a reusable metal water bottle instead, though a lot are cheap Chinesium that dent easily.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don’t waste your time.
Thank you for helping me with the other guy here. I wish Aaron112 backed his stuff up with evidence, but he doesn't. He is a great guy, friendly, but it is hard to have discussions with him when he posts stuff in a News & Current Events forum without citing articles. :) I will leave this thread, cos it does seem like a waste of my time to debate with folks who do provide evidence.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

One involved taking the bones, guts, and feathers of a newborn chicken, sewing it into the skin of a freshly slaughtered kosher lamb, boiling it in holy water for exactly 7 hours and 5 minutes, let it rest until cooled....then take the boiled and stuffed sack and swing it against the northern wall of your abode while cursing the southeastern wind and its promises of blight and plague.

Then on the next full moon, bury the sack 3 feet deep in your backyard and your cancer is cured.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟496,320.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Guys, I am just summarizing the articles here, even if I may not 100% agree with them. Yes, we use artificial flavors in the US, we have fast food here, smoking wasn't banned in public until the 21st century, but there is nothing we can do, except not buy from those companies. Don't shoot the messenger.
Of course you can do something. Harmful food additives can be banned, fast food can be regulated, smoking can be discouraged.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟496,320.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Debate.PNG

• Agree
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟496,320.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's actually the friction of the opening and closing of the plastic lid that releases microplastics into the drink. Squeezing the bottles isn't as bad.

• Informative
Upvote 0