• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Am I alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Tizwit said:
I was Diagnosed at the age of 15 and now work as a nurse in the area of pediatrics and I also do work with those that have also been diagnosed with Diabetes. Not to mention Camp every summer.. Stressful but fun.

we0001.gif
to CF.

Have you notice if the bloodsuger go up when you are stressed.I`m working to as a nurse and I think my blossduger go up when I have my weekend shifts and evening.Then I have rresponsibility for 60 persons in a nursinghome.I have learned that but my work don`t believe me.So that should be good if some else have the same experience.

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had gestational diabetes in my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies and it runs in my family so I am a strong candidate for diabetes. I know somewhat about it and it is no fun. I am praying for those of you who do have it to keep fit and healthy. :prayer: My weight is slowly creeping up, so I know I need to work on diet and exercise. Problem is I love to eat and I hate to exercise. I thought about going to the gym today, but I think I am going to walk the dogs instead. One at a time - they are not well trained. :) And that way I'll get two walks in.

Reactions: GritsnGrace
Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rut said:
we0001.gif
to CF.

Have you notice if the bloodsuger go up when you are stressed.I`m working to as a nurse and I think my blossduger go up when I have my weekend shifts and evening.Then I have rresponsibility for 60 persons in a nursinghome.I have learned that but my work don`t believe me.So that should be good if some else have the same experience.

Rut, I do think that sugar can go up when stressed. I'm not certain,though, I'll check it out!

Upvote 0

lillybug0514

Senior Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
Texas
✟10,411.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Tizwit said:
Which pump do you have? I have been pumping for 12 years.

MiniMed 508... wich is now discontinued, so I am fighting with the insurance company right now to get a new one but they dont seem to think I need one :mad: What kind do you have?

Upvote 0

Tizwit

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
✟7,652.00
Faith
Baptist
Rut said:
to CF.

Yes stress causes insulin resistence. I had to leave the Peds ICU because my bloodsugars were so unpredictable.

Upvote 0

Konnie

Bound For Promised Land
Apr 14, 2003
Garber,Oklahoma
Visit site
✟93,523.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have type II diabetes. I haven't had it for long. I just found out about it a couple of weeks ago when we got the results from my last lipids test. I don't have to take insulin. I control my blood sugar with diet and I'm getting good readings.

Upvote 0

Rut

Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That is good that you can control your bloodsuger with only diet,This is a good link http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp to get information about diabetes.I get newsletter from them every week.My advice too is that you be a member in a Diabetes organization.You can get much help from them.Your rights in you country for example

Upvote 0

tams67

Jun 27, 2004
Southern Illinois
✟7,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone. I have been a diabetic for a few years now. I am not on insulin but I do take a pill three times a day for my blood sugar (type 2). It is a daily strugle for me. I work such strange hours and I am not always on a set schedule, so it makes if very hard for me to follow a diet and take my meds when I should. I am so glad I found this site, btw I am in southern Illinois.
Tams

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
k9catts said:
Ok let's get down to a real problem. Eating!

Does anybody have a decent recipe for sugar/carbohydrate free chocolate chip cookies?

I am working on one but thus far it is only 75% satisfying thus far. I am getting closer but have a long way to go.

Actually what I have developed thus far does tastes good and friends have even said it is good but I want great.
I have found that Hersheys unsweetend chocolate bars are good as they are smooth and creamy not chalky like Bakers or Odd like Girdelli.
So I just went for the chocolate and left the sugar behind.

Upvote 0

Rut

Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
quot-top-left.gif
quot-top-right.gif
quot-by-left.gif
Originally Posted by: k9catts
quot-by-right.gif
quot-top-right-10.gif
Ok let's get down to a real problem. Eating!

Does anybody have a decent recipe for sugar/carbohydrate free chocolate chip cookies?

I am working on one but thus far it is only 75% satisfying thus far. I am getting closer but have a long way to go.

Actually what I have developed thus far does tastes good and friends have even said it is good but I want great.
quot-bot-left.gif
quot-bot-right.gif

That should be intresting to lnow if you can come up with something good.When you come up with something Can you write it in this link please http://www.christianforums.com/t2882547-recepies.html

Upvote 0

Rut

Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
tams67 said:
Hi everyone. I have been a diabetic for a few years now. I am not on insulin but I do take a pill three times a day for my blood sugar (type 2). It is a daily strugle for me. I work such strange hours and I am not always on a set schedule, so it makes if very hard for me to follow a diet and take my meds when I should. I am so glad I found this site, btw I am in southern Illinois.
Tams

Welcome to this site.
I can understand that is a daiyly struggle for you.How strange hour do you work? I have worked nights and I travel much to countries that have a different timesone that I have here.Maybe I can help you.:) My basic is that I try to hold that rule we have here eat every 3 - 4 hour.

Upvote 0

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DrFate said:
I have found that Hersheys unsweetend chocolate bars are good as they are smooth and creamy not chalky like Bakers or Odd like Girdelli.
So I just went for the chocolate and left the sugar behind.

I started using Stevia to sweeten everything I eat. It has a slightly stronger taste than sugar, but I am definitely getting to like it. It is good for helping to keep blood sugar levels down. It's a real food. I've got it in a liquid and a white powdered form. I use it in water with lemon juice to make my lemonade. I use it in my cooked barley flakes with cinnamon...which is another very good sugar level helper...and it's great.

So if I was going to make something with chocolate...I'd try to sweeten it with stevia. I bought it at a health food store. I've never seen it in a grocery store here.

BTW, my sugar level is going down but extremely slowly.
I'm still open for healing Lord. :)

Upvote 0

Just Me Garry

Feb 5, 2005
Arkansas
✟1,625.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
mamabear56 said:
I am sure I am not alone with this disease. Is there anyone else out there who has this, that I can talk to about it? It scares me. It really does. I have lost one best friend to it, and another best friends mother to it. My father had it, and I have it. I need to be able to get it under control, because I want to live long enough to see grandbabies. :(

I have had type 2 diabetes for over 11 years now and I know what it is like to deal with this disease. Also have hypertension (high blood pressure). There are more people who worldwide who die from diabetes that all the HIV-AIDs combined. Of course the United States government is totally oblivious to such statistics.

Right now my diabetes is under pretty good control but I have been spilling protein in my urine (sorry not a nice thing to talk about but is serious) which means that I am at risk for renal failure or kidney failure even though I am trying to keep a tight control on my blood pressure and diabetes.

Diabetes can be managed though but watch out for these people who claim there is a cure for diabetes. They will rip you off financially. But it can be managed. Here are couple of good links for you to check out on the web if someone has not already posted them:

http://www.dfandiabetes.com/cdl/index.html

http://www.elviradarknight.com/diabetes/info.html

I hope this helps you out some. It scares me now some because of my kidney function so I understand what you are up against.
Blessings
Garry:angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rut

Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Qidron said:
I started using Stevia to sweeten everything I eat. It has a slightly stronger taste than sugar, but I am definitely getting to like it. It is good for helping to keep blood sugar levels down. It's a real food. I've got it in a liquid and a white powdered form. I use it in water with lemon juice to make my lemonade. I use it in my cooked barley flakes with cinnamon...which is another very good sugar level helper...and it's great.

So if I was going to make something with chocolate...I'd try to sweeten it with stevia. I bought it at a health food store. I've never seen it in a grocery store here.

BTW, my sugar level is going down but extremely slowly.
I'm still open for healing Lord. :)

I`m so happy for you that you bloodsuger goes down:) :clap:

Upvote 0

Rut

Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Just Me Garry said:
Diabetes can be managed though but watch out for these people who claim there is a cure for diabetes. They will rip you off financially. But it can be managed. Here are couple of good links for you to check out on the web if someone has not already posted them:

http://www.dfandiabetes.com/cdl/index.html

http://www.elviradarknight.com/diabetes/info.html

I hope this helps you out some. It scares me now some because of my kidney function so I understand what you are up against.
Blessings
Garry:angel:

thank you for the links and I agree with you don`t trust people that say that Diabetes can be cured.If you know what happen in your body when you get diabetes then you can understand it can`t be cured

Upvote 0

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just because diabetes cannot be cured, doesn't meant the LORD can't heal us. Join me in the prayer. We do not have an empty religion; we have a living God who loves us and hears our prayer.

Psa 61:1
A David psalm. God, listen to me shout, bend an ear to my prayer!

Upvote 0

Tychicum

May 4, 2006
✟8,592.00
Faith
Protestant
There is a sure cure for diabetes ... a new body. I got one on order ... delivery is "imminent".

Unfortunately .... until that time ... will have to do with the advice given by the Risen Glorified Lord to the Apostle ---

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
(2Co 12:9-10 KJV)

:D

I am a LADA (Latent Onset) T1 approaching 17,500 insulin injections and about the same number of finger-stick blood tests.

The reason for so many shots is that I use 'DAFNE' (Dose Adjust for Normal Eating) insulin technique ... also named by some the "poor man's pump" ... so I shoot 6 or so shots on any given day.

I have been blessed with diabetes for just short of about 10 years ... the first couple years struggling with oral meds as I had been misdiagnosed as a T2 ... given my age.

When I had lost so much weight that my ribs showed even when I wore a T-shirt they said ... OOPS.

The very best newbie website out there is Rick Mendosa's ... as I note that some of you have questions ... and Mendosa has quite a few answers ...

If you can't guess his URL ;) ... PM me ...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.