Washington
✟693,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have this extreme fear of sleeping. Of course, I fall asleep, but I do my best to stay awake. I have this fear that I'm going to not wake up. Of course, it is impossible to stay awake that long. I end up falling asleep. But I just have this fear of not waking up. I hate nights sometimes. That's not the only thing that I am afraid of. I have this fear that somebody's going to break into my apartment and kill me. I'm looking into other security measures right now. But it's becoming an obsession of mine. I want to be able to buy a gun, but my apartment has a firearm free zone. I could get kicked out of my apartment. I live completely alone and I am constantly afraid. I live in a safe place and there has never been someone breaking into these apartment buildings except for when somebody knows the person and they're just trying to get their stuff back. Of course there has been domestic disputes here but that's about it. I just don't get why I'm so afraid all the time.

Please pray for me

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟105,016.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I have this extreme fear of sleeping. Of course, I fall asleep, but I do my best to stay awake. I have this fear that I'm going to not wake up. Of course, it is impossible to stay awake that long. I end up falling asleep. But I just have this fear of not waking up. I hate nights sometimes. That's not the only thing that I am afraid of. I have this fear that somebody's going to break into my apartment and kill me. I'm looking into other security measures right now. But it's becoming an obsession of mine. I want to be able to buy a gun, but my apartment has a firearm free zone. I could get kicked out of my apartment. I live completely alone and I am constantly afraid. I live in a safe place and there has never been someone breaking into these apartment buildings except for when somebody knows the person and they're just trying to get their stuff back. Of course there has been domestic disputes here but that's about it. I just don't get why I'm so afraid all the time.

Please pray for me

May the Lord grant you peace that surpasses all understanding. In times of anxiety and fear may He grant you calmness and assuredness in His Name. We pray in the name of our Lord Jesus, Amen.

Our prayers are good, but in addition to that I encourage you to seek a trusted person to confide in. Need not be a professional just someone you know can listen to you. Talking to the person might help you uncover the root of all these nightly anxieties and fears. There are things in life that work better when you have a support around. Don't let these feelings become entrenched as obsessions. It will cause you more harm than good. Obsessions are very hard to get rid off. Based on your username I would surmise you're an introvert, but do build up some courage to confide in someone trusted.

Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟624,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Please pray for me
It sounds like you have a treatable condition called somniphobia. You should see a doctor about it.

Upvote 0

ladodgers6

Know what you believe and why you believe it
Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Los Angeles
✟197,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Please pray for me
Is your apartment pet friendly? If it is get a small dog, if not maybe look around in this safe area you live in and look for a pet friendly apartment. I have 4 small dogs, they're excellent companions and great of alerting when they hear something. POM pepper spray is a great self-defense tool. Yeah, I agree security cameras is a great idea as well. You can also get extra security locks for your door, that do not require drilling. These locks can be taken with you when you travel and be used on hotel doors as well.

Take a deep breath, and enjoy life. I am glad that you have awareness of your surroundings. It's okay to be aware. Look into other security measures you can take, maybe a security lock on your bedroom door. Believe in the Lord and leave your life in his hands, and have a good night rest, your body needs it, and especially your brain. Lack of sleep may cause paranoia. Look into getting a taser gun. Anything that will give you a peace of mind.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,446.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God created us (Psa 139:13, Job 33:4, Eze 37:6, Mal 2:10, Acts 17:26). Know there are numerous benefits to sleep. In the last few years, they've studied why we sleep and found our brains flush toxins while we sleep. Our bodies are just amazing

Also, we're to take every thought captive (II Cor 10:4-5). When we have thoughts that are not in line with Scripture, we're to immediately focus on God and His Word. As Unqualified posted, Isa 41:10 & 2 Cor 10:3-5 could be used. So when that type of fearful thoughts come, encourage you to speak Scriptures such as these.

Praying as you requested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,102,077.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Please pray for me
Hi Jesse - Please
PM me if that is okay with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟731,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Please pray for me
I think most of us fear death to a certain degree, none of us want to die ... but the reality is it's going to happen ... however it will be a peaceful dormant sleep until the Lord returns and wakes us up ... so really there is nothing to fear .... we just need to trust Him and not obsess on it.

May the Lord bring peace to you mind about it. Amen.

Upvote 0

Lov4Christ

May 14, 2024
Lafayette
✟2,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Please pray for me
I pray, all mighty God, that you would help this person feel safe and secure and be able to get the rest that he desperately needs, in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

walkswithFire

Nov 26, 2021
New Zealand
✟34,701.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Please pray for me
Father, this is not from you. please help him and release from the spirit of fear. For you have not given your children this spirit but of power and of love and a sound mind. I ask this now Father, in Jesus mighty name! :prayer:

Upvote 0