✟11,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
mochagirl said:
Wow, you're like me! ;)

Hello, I'm barging in here without invitation. :) :p
I have a tendency to get way too many story ideas to ever finish, but I lack self-discipline and I am easily side-tracked (not a good combination) so I skip from one idea to another and another and another....you get the idea, I'm sure, hehe. But I have a plan this year--I am limiting myself to working on only one story per month (maybe it'll work; who knows). Right now I'm working on a fantasy, but I'm still coming up with the plot and characters and stuff....I like doing all that, but it tends to distract me from actual writing, so I spend hours and days and weeks on a story and not get one word written....:sigh: I guess that's why patience is a virtue, huh?

I was reading this and said hehe, we are like each other! Currently I have 10 open projects! 10!! I cant finish any of them. No...I can, I just need to try. taking 2 at a time that I work on monthly until they are done or something. :)

Upvote 0

HisKnight

Nov 23, 2004
Wisconsin
✟15,746.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have started one story myself but gave up.
Not because of difficulty but because I couldn't type fast enough to get my thoughts on the page.
I do better at writing poetry. I hope some day to have enough poems collected to try and get published. One thing I may have to do is write a large poem or two to gow with what I have written.
I may again in the future try my hand at writing a book either a novel or even a none fiction book just to see if I have the patience and ability to not only start but to finish.

Upvote 0

GodFlute2

I will be even MORE undignified for the Lord
Nov 16, 2004
church
Visit site
✟28,896.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
what I do is hand write it out, then when I'm at a stuck spot I go back and type it in to remind me of what all I have already done and remind myself of what's to come. Gets it typed and possably gives me more ideas.

Upvote 0

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
HisKnight said:
I have started one story myself but gave up.
Not because of difficulty but because I couldn't type fast enough to get my thoughts on the page.
I do better at writing poetry. I hope some day to have enough poems collected to try and get published. One thing I may have to do is write a large poem or two to gow with what I have written.
I may again in the future try my hand at writing a book either a novel or even a none fiction book just to see if I have the patience and ability to not only start but to finish.

Maybe poetry's just more your "thing". And if you're not a fast typer, try writing it out by hand. That's what I do, then go to type it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mochagirl

Even so, it is well with my soul.
Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I go back and forth between typing and handwriting--depending on if a computer's free. I like typing on the computer more, because it seems faster as well as easier to correct, but I handwrite fairly often, and when I rewrite it onto the computer it's nice because I get a chance to go over what I've written an extra time.

Upvote 0

antiarte

Jan 18, 2005
communist russia
✟3,812.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
I can't write directly to the computer. Normally, I start typing about the second or third draft. I gots notebooks and notebooks with unfinished drafts and lots of outlines. I've been really working harder in the three storries that are developed the most; they're finally shaping up. Praise God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums