✟1,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
jesusfreak10537 said:
I think when you have been writing that long, if you do happen to get writer's block you have your co-author or your editor to think up something.

Y'know what I think it is that keeps those fellas going?
MONEY! Not to call them greedy, but if you think of how much they must make when they write one of their "ten-million" best sellers, it would give anybody a little inspiration to start another! :D

Upvote 0

Storygirl394

Jan 5, 2005
✟1,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Steadfast7 said:
Hello! I just discovered this forum....cool! I'd write something of substance but I have to go to bed....

Welcome Steadfast7! Hope you like it here - there's some real fun people in our guild!!! ;)

Upvote 0

Wolf_master125

Nov 19, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You say ALL writers get writer's block - what about Jerry B. Jenkins or John Grisham? Doesn't it seem like THEY're ALWAYS coming out with a new book, a big THICK new book? :scratch: HOW do they pull that off?

They probably made them all a long time ago and kept publishing them one after another.

Two nights ago I got a new story idea when I was listening to a song I love (Way Away by Yellowcard).
It's about some aliens who come to Earth declaring peace, but the main character, 18-year-old Luke, thinks they are liars. He goes to spy on them and find out they are trying to conquer the entire human race. When Luke tries to warn everyone, they don't believe him, so he gets a bunch of guns to kill all the aliens.

Reactions: GodFlute2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zay

praise Him for your testimony!
Sep 12, 2004
NC
✟13,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well right now I'm kinda in writers block with my poetry, but I've had some new ideas lately. One I thought I had this morning is sort of a prince/pauper thing, God creates two very similar people but they are born into different cultures and circumstances. They go through life and you see their inner struggles. Not sure, it was a random idea. But a story I'm writing is going pretty well. The main character appears to have died, but it's not clear if she has or hasn't. If she does die, there's a lot unresolved, but if she doesn't there's some avenues to go down. Not really writers block I guess, but a few things not complete.

As far as professional writers, like others have said, I think that some have written stories and release them later. That's what I do with a good deal of my poetry, many times when I post them on a site they're months old. And as far as writers getting people to help out with stories and whatnot, I think anime/manga writers do that sometimes, when they have others work with them in studios and stuff. I'm pretty sure they do some artwork and design, I'm a little uncertain if they write as well.

Upvote 0

Rose D.

Thou and Thou only be first in my heart, O Lord
Sep 9, 2004
California
✟6,818.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone! :wave:

I'm almost finished with my first novel, a historical set in Poland during the Holocaust. The thing that has prevented me from finishing the last few chapters is not writer's block, but rather a lack of research. In a historical novel, every detail has to be historically correct, but it's hard to find the information that's necessary for that.

Upvote 0

Babymine

Optimistic Pessimist
Dec 8, 2004
✟11,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I enjoy writing, but can never seem to finish anything :(.

I like fictional stories that may or may not be true, with a lot of character develpment. I think that one of the best things you can do is make a memorable character.

So happy to see there is a guild for writers.

Upvote 0

Steadfast7

Holding strong to the Truth
Nov 30, 2004
Yes!
✟11,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just started writing a book! It's fiction, a mystery/thriller. Even though it's fiction, I have to research a lot. It's in an actual time period, so that's hard....

I LOVE Frank Peretti...Piercing the Darkness is so good....I loved the 'Visitation" the most, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arikereba

Nov 4, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
✟805.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
CA-NDP
I've written three novels:

A Pair of Wings
Festival of Ghosts
Prayers to Broken Stone

All fantasy. None published. ;)

My fourth novel, the one I'm working on now, is called "Such Deliberate Disguises." (YES T.S. Eliot is my secret dead boyfriend, okay? :D) *
It's about fairies in 1920s Chicago, and liquor bootlegging.

*T.S. Eliot is a poet who wrote some very good poetry and some very obscure poetry, and he wrote the lines 'prayers to broken stone' and 'such deliberate disguises' (both in The Hollow Men). You must read him now. By secret dead boyfriend, I mean, well... a literary crush, I suppose you'd call it.

Upvote 0

mochagirl

Even so, it is well with my soul.
Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Babymine said:
I enjoy writing, but can never seem to finish anything
Wow, you're like me! ;)

Hello, I'm barging in here without invitation. :) :p
I have a tendency to get way too many story ideas to ever finish, but I lack self-discipline and I am easily side-tracked (not a good combination) so I skip from one idea to another and another and another....you get the idea, I'm sure, hehe. But I have a plan this year--I am limiting myself to working on only one story per month (maybe it'll work; who knows). Right now I'm working on a fantasy, but I'm still coming up with the plot and characters and stuff....I like doing all that, but it tends to distract me from actual writing, so I spend hours and days and weeks on a story and not get one word written....:sigh: I guess that's why patience is a virtue, huh?

Upvote 0