devolved

Sep 4, 2013
US
✟67,927.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That is right, and you will not know all until it is to late to decide.

Too late to decide what exactly?

Here's the problem, you act like this belief of yours drastically changes person for the better and makes them worthy of some eternal reward.

It simply doesn't seem that way at all. We've had religion rule the world for most of the history of the mankind. Things got better for us when we existed religious mindset.

So, what exactly would I not decide to do that's too late? In terms of my actions and beliefs... there isn't an essential difference. The only extra stuff you have is explaining everything through some unseen means.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too late to decide what exactly?
Your fate.
Here's the problem, you act like this belief of yours drastically changes person for the better and makes them worthy of some eternal reward.

It simply doesn't seem that way at all. We've had religion rule the world for most of the history of the mankind. Things got better for us when we existed religious mindset.

So, what exactly would I not decide to do that's too late? In terms of my actions and beliefs... there isn't an essential difference. The only extra stuff you have is explaining everything through some unseen means.
First of all, for the record: I do not "believe." That is only true of the masses of those who have not seen (but believe). I am one of the few, who have seen, and therefore, I do not believe, but know.

You are correct, no one is worthy. The world is the prison of those convicted of opposing God...we have all been sentenced to death. And so believing and having faith in God only puts people in a position of receiving the grace of God to rescue us from our destiny with natural death...it's a second chance.

You are also correct about religion. The natural world is enmity with God, and His kingdom is not of this world. So, yes, the world does better without religion and God...but then misses out on the opportunity of ascension to life eternal.

As for any of this being "believable", a trail of breadcrumbs has been left down through the pages of history for those who are so inclined, to find the way back. If you have eyes and ears for it - you will find your way. That is the promise.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Your fate.
First of all, for the record: I do not "believe." That is only true of the masses of those who have not seen (but believe). I am one of the few, who have seen, and therefore, I do not believe, but know.
You must feel so special.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol. Yeah, you exude humility. :rolleyes:
Before God, I am humble, for the grace that He has bestowed upon me. But before other men, it is not I who am not humble, but Christ in me, in whom I am the power of God.

What you do not realize, is that we whom Christ has come into, speak the words of eternal life. Our words are life beyond the world...and you would do well to listen.

Upvote 0

devolved

Sep 4, 2013
US
✟67,927.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You are correct, no one is worthy. The world is the prison of those convicted of opposing God...we have all been sentenced to death. And so believing and having faith in God only puts people in a position of receiving the grace of God to rescue us from our destiny with natural death...it's a second chance.

How would you like me to diagnose with invisible disease, symptoms of which are not distinguishable from your everyday screw-ups and shortcomings... and then demand that you eat a special sand that will cure you of that, but only if you promise to screw up a lot less?

You have to choose your fate, Scott :).

The point being, if God exists, it would be far more understanding of our ignorance than thinking that our ignorance of God would be equivalent with "opposing God" somehow. Do you understand the difference between ignorance and opposition. You can't oppose something you are not aware of.

You are also correct about religion. The natural world is enmity with God, and His kingdom is not of this world. So, yes, the world does better without religion and God...but then misses out on the opportunity of ascension to life eternal.

Again, see above.

As for any of this being "believable", a trail of breadcrumbs has been left down through the pages of history for those who are so inclined, to find the way back. If you have eyes and ears for it - you will find your way. That is the promise.

The breadcrumbs seem to be mixed with a lot of feces that religion dumped on history. So how do you know the difference? It seems to be the same flag that these people carried. It doesn't matter who you point to... you end up with a rather questionable mindset that doesn't seem to resolve in belief that's claimed.

Even in your case... if you indeed seen what you claimed to see, what are you still doing wasting your time here? If I knew with some certainty that Christianity is true, the last thing I do is to waste my time on forums like this one. I'd probably sell everything I owned, and minimize every single pleasure for the sake of helping poor and reaching out to people who will listen.

If you still have your everyday job, a car, and a house... and your financial life hasn't drastically changed after your claimed experience.... I don't really believe you one bit.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point being, if God exists, it would be far more understanding of our ignorance than thinking that our ignorance of God would be equivalent with "opposing God" somehow. Do you understand the difference between ignorance and opposition. You can't oppose something you are not aware of.
You are not getting the picture. The point is...IF it is in you to see the truth of God - you will. That's it. Nothing external (me and all the other religious stuff included) matters. At best, we are signposts along the way. You stopped here for directions - I gave you directions. Other directions you get could be wrong. We're doing our best. You decide.
The breadcrumbs seem to be mixed with a lot of feces that religion dumped on history. So how do you know the difference? It seems to be the same flag that these people carried. It doesn't matter who you point to... you end up with a rather questionable mindset that doesn't seem to resolve in belief that's claimed.

Even in your case... if you indeed seen what you claimed to see, what are you still doing wasting your time here? If I knew with some certainty that Christianity is true, the last thing I do is to waste my time on forums like this one. I'd probably sell everything I owned, and minimize every single pleasure for the sake of helping poor and reaching out to people who will listen.

If you still have your everyday job, a car, and a house... and your financial life hasn't drastically changed after your claimed experience.... I don't really believe you one bit.
Feces - yep, lots of feces. But don't look at it as claims, but directions - we are fellow travelers.

As for me and those like me, the days are filled with many things and this is just something extra on the side. And part of knowing things at this level...is the humility of knowing that ones entire life mission might rest upon a single smile or helping hand...the rest of life in the world, then, is spring break (so to speak).

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This thread has been closed

full

Please remember the CR and SOP Rules

This is a good topic and there has been valid discussion here - the problem is that the thread would have been a better fit posted elsewhere. It is not really on topic for the Philosophy section with the Statement of Purpose, but would be a great fit for a place like Exploring Christianity. We cannot move this thread for several reasons, but this topic can be started over in Exploring Christianity to continue the discussion.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.