Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
God alone is righteous.

It is wrong to ridicule because mockery and condescension don't help anyone. And also, I recognize that such is not how I'm to behave if I truly am a Christian and follow the teachings and commands of Christ.
Your double-standard is showing. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Your double-standard is showing. :rolleyes:

Believe that all you like. Obviously I disagree with you, but you will get out of responses what you so choose.

It's late here, and I'm going to sleep now.

Upvote 0

devolved

Sep 4, 2013
US
✟67,927.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
But, because of the nature of it, you seem to be having trouble with the whole idea - apparently. For some reason you have not grasped that it is not of this world, and the facts that you imply are not to be found here. Nonetheless, they are available, but you are going to have to come around to the whole "out of this world" idea, to even consider it.

I get out "of this world" concept. I not only considered it, but believed it for a greater part of my life.

If the facts are not to be found here... then how do people know about these? If the claim is that the selected few were shown, and the rest have to just take it on word... sounds very much like every religion or paranormal story out there.

Again, why should I believe you more than I would believe David Icke?

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the facts are not to be found here... then how do people know about these?
As I have [already] explained, it is a system of revelations and messengers...which is purposely done to include every generation over time.
If the claim is that the selected few were shown, and the rest have to just take it on word... sounds very much like every religion or paranormal story out there.

Again, why should I believe you more than I would believe David Icke?
I make no claim. I could, but then it would not be news - no, I bring news, as a messenger from God, one who has had direct contact with Him through revelation. We are witnesses. But don't be surprised that many others would love to have such a connection with God and even counterfeit it - we are a fallen people. So, then, it is a needle in a haystack - rare, and the choice for you is to seek it or pass. We have done our part.

You, being here, is like you visiting NASA. Would you say the same things to the astronauts? But the analogy is only so good - don't try to make it what it is not - we are not talking about science or physics or anything "universal." No, your universal mind and logic and evidence and demands, mean nothing. Get over it. Stop being a kid out of school.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As I have [already] explained, it is a system of revelations and messengers...which is purposely done to include every generation over time.
I make no claim. I could, but then it would not be news - no, I bring news, as a messenger from God, one who has had direct contact with Him through revelation. We are witnesses. But don't be surprised that many others would love to have such a connection with God and even counterfeit it - we are a fallen people. So, then, it is a needle in a haystack - rare, and the choice for you is to seek it or pass. We have done our part.

You, being here, is like you visiting NASA. Would you say the same things to the astronauts? But the analogy is only so good - don't try to make it what it is not - we are not talking about science or physics or anything "universal." No, your universal mind and logic and evidence and demands, mean nothing. Get over it. Stop being a kid out of school.
Scott, you've been grandstanding for a long time on this forum. How about presenting something worthwhile?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scott, you've been grandstanding for a long time on this forum. How about presenting something worthwhile?
Philosophically speaking, just how "worthwhile" would you say eternal life is?

How would you compare that with...say...your contribution here?

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the Discussion and Debate section, is it not? Why post here if you don't intend to engage in discussion? Is this the "true dialogue" you mentioned earlier?
I've answered you. You wish to debate my answers, and I've actually 're' answered. Maybe you should go back into the thread, I'm not repeating myself. Is that your idea of debate...someone repeating themselves over and over?

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've answered you. You wish to debate my answers, and I've actually 're' answered. Maybe you should go back into the thread, I'm not repeating myself. Is that your idea of debate...someone repeating themselves over and over?

Actually, there are a few posts you haven't responded to at all, so you cannot claim to have answered them. There's also the question of misrepresentation, which you haven't addressed since making the accusation. At this point, I'm the one forced to repeat myself over and over because you are continually sidestepping this.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Having acquired the experience that he came for, completed the bestowals ordained by the heavenly Father, and having made the way of salvation more clear, our Lord and God returned to his rightful place in heaven. When he returns it will be for a visit, earth is not his permanent residence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
"The intellectual earmark of religion is certainty; the philosophical characteristic is consistency; the social fruits are love and service.

"The God-knowing individual is not one who is blind to the difficulties or unmindful of the obstacles which stand in the way of finding God in the maze of superstition, tradition, and materialistic tendencies of modern times. He has encountered all these deterrents and triumphed over them, surmounted them by living faith, and attained the highlands of spiritual experience in spite of them. But it is true that many who are inwardly sure about God fear to assert such feelings of certainty because of the multiplicity and cleverness of those who assemble objections and magnify difficulties about believing in God. It requires no great depth of intellect to pick flaws, ask questions, or raise objections. But it does require brilliance of mind to answer these questions and solve these difficulties; faith certainty is the greatest technique for dealing with all such superficial contentions." UB 1955

Upvote 0

devolved

Sep 4, 2013
US
✟67,927.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Get over it. Stop being a kid out of school

Come on, Scot :). It would precisely take an inexperienced kid in school to believe that you've travelled to "beyond".

You, being here, is like you visiting NASA. Would you say the same things to the astronauts? But the analogy is only so good - don't try to make it what it is not - we are not talking about science or physics or anything "universal."

So it's nothing like being in NASA then. If NASA was practicing astral projection instead... then perhaps it would be like NASA. You should just say... it's like talking to an astral projection practicioner, or an lsd tripper. These people bring very similar ideas about our reality... so you are not in a very good company.

I make no claim. I could, but then it would not be news - no, I bring news, as a messenger from God, one who has had direct contact with Him through revelation.

Verbal news report is a claim. But you are not doing that. Again, news implies new. There's nothing new about what you are saying. It's been a 3000 year process in which the "news" undergone major editorial process.

But don't be surprised that many others would love to have such a connection with God and even counterfeit it - we are a fallen people.

Sure, I'd love to take a trip yo beyond just like you did. Why can't I , or any of the skeptics here?

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Come on, Scot :). It would precisely take an inexperienced kid in school to believe that you've travelled to "beyond".

So it's nothing like being in NASA then. If NASA was practicing astral projection instead... then perhaps it would be like NASA. You should just say... it's like talking to an astral projection practicioner, or an lsd tripper. These people bring very similar ideas about our reality... so you are not in a very good company.

Verbal news report is a claim. But you are not doing that. Again, news implies new. There's nothing new about what you are saying. It's been a 3000 year process in which the "news" undergone major editorial process.

Sure, I'd love to take a trip yo beyond just like you did. Why can't I , or any of the skeptics here?
So...you reject the idea of something more for humanity. Your made the NASA analogy something it was not, after I told you not to - totally missing the fact that it is perhaps the best earth-bound example possible. You choose semantical disagreement over trying to understand something foreign to you.

Good job!

Upvote 0

devolved

Sep 4, 2013
US
✟67,927.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So...you reject the idea of something more for humanity.

I don't reject it. I put any such claim on hold until evidence is provided that the claim is valid.

You do the very same thing with other claims of the similar nature, and I gave you astral projection comparison, because it's a relevant one that you likely reject for the very same reason.

Your made the NASA analogy something it was not, after I told you not to - totally missing the fact that it is perhaps the best earth-bound example possible.

No. You made the NASA analogy something it was not. I merely showed you that NASA is nowhere near analogous as you think.

Astral projection concept on the other hand is analogous. Look it up. Should I believe that too based on the "news from beyond" idea?

You haven't answered me as to why I shouldn't believe David Icke either. He claims to have received special message also. He actually wrote 6 books about it... and he has a huge following around the world.

What criteria shouls I use to diferentiate the validity of claims for which there is no viable evidence to go by?

You choose semantical disagreement over trying to understand something foreign to you.

Semantical disagreements? You re-define and twist meaning of words to avoid scrtutiny. Of course I have to point you to semantic meaning of how we use these words. You didn't invent these words, but you are using these in a rather inconsistent manner.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But, Jesus didn't say to do that. I think these types of passages being pulled out of the Bible in order to dismantle the validity of Christianity is kind of a yawn. lol I used to use the same thing myself when I was an atheist, and at the end of the day, Christians follow Christ, or should anyway. Jesus' message was different than what came before it.

What was the reason why you were an atheist before?

Okay, understood. May I ask...what are you ''seeking?'' That is your status title, yes?

Well, you don't know my experience, so...lol It's interesting to discuss different thoughts about this stuff with others.

Another yawn. lol I know that others here will swing at your throws, but I'm not one of them. I don't believe in wasting my time on people who have made their minds up about Christianity, and dub it an evil faith. To each their own, but it's a waste of time to me. Even Jesus told His followers to shake the dust from their feet, when they'd go to villages, and people closed their doors and ears to them. This is me shaking the virtual dust from my feet lol If you are interested in a true dialogue, that's cool. But, it seems your mind is made up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devolved

Sep 4, 2013
US
✟67,927.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So...you reject the idea of something more for humanity.

No, I don't reject any idea. I simply put it on the "need more evidence" shelf, and if more evidence shows up, then the idea is worth considering or believing.

You do the very same thing.

our made the NASA analogy something it was not, after I told you not to - totally missing the fact that it is perhaps the best earth-bound example possible.

No, NASA analogy is invalid in this case, and it's not the best analogy. I've provided you the better one... astral projection analogy.

Your claims of being show the "beyond" is very similar to astral projection and not similar to NASA.

You choose semantical disagreement over trying to understand something foreign to you.

It's not mere semantic disagreements. Words have meaning that we use consistently. You begin to twist the meaning in a way that is not what these words mean in order to hide behind the obscurity of your claim.

News very clearly doesn't mean what you are trying to twist it into. That's now what news is.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't reject any idea. I simply put it on the "need more evidence" shelf, and if more evidence shows up, then the idea is worth considering or believing.

You do the very same thing.
I do not do the same thing. I have read "the handwriting on the wall" (a biblical cliche). But, I also asked God to show me - and He did.

So, if you want to shelf the whispers from the Creator of the universe...that's your choice.
No, NASA analogy is invalid in this case, and it's not the best analogy. I've provided you the better one... astral projection analogy.

Your claims of being show the "beyond" is very similar to astral projection and not similar to NASA.
I will decide which analogy is best - I am the one with the comparable information. Instead of arguing, you should be trying to understand.
It's not mere semantic disagreements. Words have meaning that we use consistently. You begin to twist the meaning in a way that is not what these words mean in order to hide behind the obscurity of your claim.

News very clearly doesn't mean what you are trying to twist it into. That's now what news is.
Again, I will decide what the meaning is - your definition and understanding is lacking, regarding this topic. The point is, this is the form of communication we have. Such as it is - you can either put on your thinking cap and follow along...or quit. Your choice.

Upvote 0

devolved

Sep 4, 2013
US
✟67,927.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I do not do the same thing. I have read "the handwriting on the wall" (a biblical cliche). But, I also asked God to show me - and He did.

So, if you want to shelf the whispers from the Creator of the universe...that's your choice.

That's the thing... I don't hear any whispers. Likewise, why whisper? If He's the creator, it should be loud and clear.

I will decide which analogy is best - I am the one with the comparable information. Instead of arguing, you should be trying to understand.

I understand what you are trying to say. What I'm questioning is whether your claims are true or not. There is no way for me to determine that. And that's the problem.

Again, I will decide what the meaning is - your definition and understanding is lacking, regarding this topic. The point is, this is the form of communication we have. Such as it is - you can either put on your thinking cap and follow along...or quit. Your choice.

Quit what?
Again, the way you present information, there's no way for me to know in any reliable manner whether it's true or not.

Reactions: Archaeopteryx
Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's the thing... I don't hear any whispers. Likewise, why whisper? If He's the creator, it should be loud and clear.
If you don't hear any whispers, what are you doing here?

But to answer your question, His whisper is loud and clear, but personal, not a matter of volume or broadcasting. Also, He has not made such a clear proclamation on purpose, that purpose being that in order to deliver the message to all generations down through the course of history, spilling the beans would burden that generation and slight future generations. Which means that every generation has just a little to go on...hence the great importance being placed on faith and belief.
I understand what you are trying to say. What I'm questioning is whether your claims are true or not. There is no way for me to determine that. And that's the problem.
That is right, and you will not know all until it is to late to decide. Those are the terms. But like the parents who send their children out into the world after guiding them through childhood - life gives you all you need to do the right thing...even if you don't fully know what you are in for.
Quit what?
Again, the way you present information, there's no way for me to know in any reliable manner whether it's true or not.
The truth is in you. You will find your way.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why leave without a trace, and except leave the world with a story and a promise of hope.
Hello,

I would like to suggest that you read Jeremiah 23 with a very open mind, particularly Jeremiah 23:30, and regard your faith with utmost diligence, because many false teachers go about using God's name for their own vanity, and lots of nice people, as though being sheep, are easily misled.

John 15:22, Matthew 26:42 and Matthew 21:40-43 should be useful clues as you investigate this topic.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.