This forum is now officially a Christian Only forum!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
TL,

Calling ANYONE that sports a Christian icon non Christian has been against the rules for a loooooong time. Mods will rule such a post a violation. The "Are the Mormons Christian" thread comes to mind.

It is true that it has been against the rules for a long time. But it is apparently no longer is against the rules, as I found out when I went to the FAQ for the specific purpose of accurately quoting that rule and discovered that it has been secretly deleted.

As far as icons are concerned, I do not nor will I agree to forcibly remove Christian icons from members that self identify as Christian. Most of the present members of staff, including me, are against that.

I thank you for drawing that line. But at least one other moderator has indicated earlier in this thread that he refuses to commit himself on that issue, which indicates, to me at least, that there may be circumstances in which he would have no problem enforcing such a policy.

Upvote 0

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It is true that it has been against the rules for a long time. But it is apparently no longer is against the rules, as I found out when I went to the FAQ for the specific purpose of accurately quoting that rule and discovered that it has been secretly deleted.

I thank you for drawing that line. But at least one other moderator has indicated earlier in this thread that he refuses to commit himself on that issue, which indicates, to me at least, that there may be circumstances in which he would have no problem enforcing such a policy.

Please do not twist words out of context. A Moderator is not an Administrator, and therefore has no control over ANY Policy that CF puts forth. We simply are here to serve the members at almost the grass-roots level.

FOR the record, ADVISORS and SuperAdministrators alike have accepted this pledge, so there is no reason to doubt its validity.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please do not twist words out of context. A Moderator is not an Administrator, and therefore has no control over ANY Policy that CF puts forth. We simply are here to serve the members at almost the grass-roots level.

FOR the record, ADVISORS and SuperAdministrators alike have accepted this pledge, so there is no reason to doubt its validity.

It's more of a personal thing. Are you willing to make such a pledge?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
TL,

Calling ANYONE that sports a Christian icon non Christian has been against the rules for a loooooong time. Mods will rule such a post a violation. The "Are the Mormons Christian" thread comes to mind.

As far as icons are concerned, I do not nor will I agree to forcibly remove Christian icons from members that self identify as Christian. Most of the present members of staff, including me, are against that.

Amazingly however, when I report someone for calling me a non-Christian, no action is taken, but my posts are deleted left right and centre for no reason.

Also think this whole issue is incredibly ironic since, in my experience, it is far more likely for any flaming, rude, fighting or baiting posts to come from the Christian members of this forum, rather than the non-Christians. In my experience, usually the non-Christian members, though some of them have strong feelings, are polite, pleasant to discuss issues with, friendly and accomodating. It tends to be Christians who are reactionary and respond to difficult questions with personal attacks, flames, and use of the "report" button in lieu of discussion.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But there are also people with serious crises of faith who post uncomfortable things. CF has historically had a hard time figuring out what to do with people in the in-between places of the Faith.

I'm not making this difficult--it is difficult.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I did not mean to twist any meanings. It has always been unclear (to me at least) the distinctions made in the different levels and titles of the administrative and moderating staff. I apologize if I said something hurtful or insulting based on faulty or incomplete information.

Edited to Add: I had originsally intended to ask followup questions about your having "no control" over "your life," But have decided that if CaDan is satisfied with your answers, I will trust his judgment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I did not mean to twist any meanings. It has always been unclear (to me at least) the distinctions made in the different levels and titles of the administrative and moderating staff. I apologize if I said something hurtful or insulting based on faulty or aincomplete information.

I apologize if I gave you the impression that I was hurt or insulted. This tends to mean that my words came across somewhat insulting. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟67,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hi Ollie,

The rule has never been in the SWR's but has always been in the Theology FSG's. We have been ruling this type of reports a flame ever since I can remember and that is not going to change.

Moderators do not make policy. There are no plans or even discussions about implementing a force icon rule. You can read Letalis announcement here.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟67,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Amazingly however, when I report someone for calling me a non-Christian, no action is taken, but my posts are deleted left right and centre for no reason.

I am not going to argue this point with you but believe me when I tell you that your statement above is not correct.

Also think this whole issue is incredibly ironic since, in my experience, it is far more likely for any flaming, rude, fighting or baiting posts to come from the Christian members of this forum, rather than the non-Christians. In my experience, usually the non-Christian members, though some of them have strong feelings, are polite, pleasant to discuss issues with, friendly and accomodating. It tends to be Christians who are reactionary and respond to difficult questions with personal attacks, flames, and use of the "report" button in lieu of discussion.

You get no argument from me here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

No one likes to be moderated. I did not like it when my answer "they are not right" to the question "what is wrong with queer people," which was posed directly to me, was deleted but you don't see me accusing staff of having a double standard.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No one likes to be moderated. I did not like it when my answer "they are not right" to the question "what is wrong with queer people," which was posed directly to me, was deleted but you don't see me accusing staff of having a double standard.

Maybe if I made blatant flames like that I'd agree with you

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Ollie,

The rule has never been in the SWR's but has always been in the Theology FSG's. We have been ruling this type of reports a flame ever since I can remember and that is not going to change.

OK I found it:

• If a member self-identifies as Christian, you are to respect that. You may debate their beliefs, but you may not tell them they are not Christian.
And I apologize.

Upvote 0

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A lovely example of my earlier point... that it is a Christian doing the flaming, while the members at risk of being labelled "non-Christian" are nothing but civil and polite.

The post in question was not remotely a flame. The poster who posed the question to me self-identified as "queer," which is another way of saying exactly what I said in my response.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.