Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The most terrifying thing about God is that He is just absolutely just. Why is that terrifying? Because God is holy and we are sinners and deserve justice for our lifetime of sin, of hurting others. Because God is just He must punish us.

So what is His solution to this dilemma? He gave His only son to pay our penalty. But can He leave us in the condition of being sinners to continue to violate His justice? No. He must also do something about our sinning and He has. Scripture has the evidence of this.

Ezekiel 36: 25 ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Proverbs 21: 6 Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:
7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
8 The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words.

Jeremiah 31: 31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

John 17: 1 THESE words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Jesus prayed this prayer on His way to Gethsemane. He is asking His Father to glorify Him on His way to the cross. How is the cross glory? It is the most ignominius death ever devised. Yet Jesus saw this as glorifying Him.

John 3: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

We cannot see the HS but Jesus tells us that we can see the effects in the lives of those within which He dwells. This brings us right back to Ezekiel 36: 25-27 with which I opened this post. It also explains how we come know God which is eternal life.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟915,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The most terrifying thing about God is that He is just absolutely just. Why is that terrifying? Because God is holy and we are sinners and deserve justice for our lifetime of sin, of hurting others. Because God is just He must punish us.

So what is His solution to this dilemma? He gave His only son to pay our penalty. But can He leave us in the condition of being sinners to continue to violate His justice? No. He must also do something about our sinning and He has. Scripture has the evidence of this.

Ezekiel 36: 25 ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Proverbs 21: 6 Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:
7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
8 The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words.

Jeremiah 31: 31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

John 17: 1 THESE words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Jesus prayed this prayer on His way to Gethsemane. He is asking His Father to glorify Him on His way to the cross. How is the cross glory? It is the most ignominius death ever devised. Yet Jesus saw this as glorifying Him.

John 3: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

We cannot see the HS but Jesus tells us that we can see the effects in the lives of those within which He dwells. This brings us right back to Ezekiel 36: 25-27 with which I opened this post. It also explains how we come know God which is eternal life.
1 John 4
17Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19We love [c]Him because He first loved us.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1 John 4
17Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19We love [c]Him because He first loved us.
So God isn't just?

• Wow
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟637,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So God isn't just?
I would tend to think that there's no authority that is higher than God making requirement(s) on God as you suggest below
Because God is just He must punish us.
God is soveriegn, meaning there is no appeal that is higher. If God chooses to forgive, then there's nothing that can require otherwise.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I would tend to think that there's no authority that is higher than God making requirement(s) on God as you suggest below

God is soveriegn, meaning there is no appeal that is higher. If God chooses to forgive, then there's nothing that can require otherwise.
God cannot lie.

Titus 1: 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Therefore He must keep His promises to us. He must change us so we can keep His law. When we choose to get to know Him and choose to following His justice requires Him to change us. He is omniscient, infinite, and His creative power is in His word. He changes us if we will consent to it.

Revelation 3: 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Gary, do you fear Jesus?
Yes. Jesus tells us to. I also trust Him because He is just.

Matthew 10: 28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

God has already demonstrated His willingness to forgive. The issue is leaving us as continuing sinners. God must live by His own testimony about Himself or He is a liar and a sinner.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I find it interesting how many people object to God changing us so that we won't continue in sin.
What is there to be gained by remaining disobedient to God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Because God is just He must punish us.
I do not think God punishes us. It is just built into the fabric of the universe. Positive returns positive, negative returns negative. They say what goes around comes around. There is a time coming when people will be judged.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do not think God punishes us. It is just built into the fabric of the universe. Positive returns positive, negative returns negative. They say what goes around comes around. There is a time coming when people will be judged.
So the lake of fire isn't enough? Ever read the OT? What was the cross?

Karma is not a Biblical concept.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟669,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Jesus tells us to. I also trust Him because He is just.

Matthew 10: 28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
I don't fear Jesus because I claim the promise given in Jude 1:24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

If I didn't have a relationship with Jesus by believing in Him and loving my fellow man as He taught I would not know I had His truth. 1Jn3:19-24

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't fear Jesus because I claim the promise given in Jude 1:24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

If I didn't have a relationship with Jesus by believing in Him and loving my fellow man as He taught I would not know I had His truth. 1Jn3:19-24
So you don't actually believe His words when He tells you to fear Him who can kill body and soul? Have you also stopped believing in the lake of fire?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why would anyone be afraid of God if we believe in Him (Jesus) and claim His promises?
I said I trust God because He is just which means I trust Him to change me so I no longer need to live as a continual sinner.

Galatians 5: 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Karma is not a Biblical concept.
Yes it is, only the Bible refers to it as sowing and reaping. Galatians 6 7Do not be deceived: God is not to be mocked. Whatever a man sows, he will reap in return. 8The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

I have a book around here about karma but I do not have time to look for it now. What they teach out on the streets is different so what you think about the Laws of Karma may not be accurate.

There is also the law of attraction. So you have the witness and testimony of three different teachers. But people like to argue because they do not see that it is all the same thing. Recently I was in recovery from operations and I came to realize how important it is to be positive and to quote scripture. Negative people are sick people and positive people are healthy. Even the doctors feed off of their negative attitude because it puts money in their pocket.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes it is, only the Bible refers to it as sowing and reaping. Galatians 6 7Do not be deceived: God is not to be mocked. Whatever a man sows, he will reap in return. 8The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

I have a book around here about karma but I do not have time to look for it now. What they teach out on the streets is different so what you think about the Laws of Karma may not be accurate.

There is also the law of attraction. So you have the witness and testimony of three different teachers. But people like to argue because they do not see that it is all the same thing. Recently I was in recovery from operations and I came to realize how important it is to be positive and to quote scripture. Negative people are sick people and positive people are healthy. Even the doctors feed off of their negative attitude because it puts money in their pocket.
Eastern religions are not scriptural. Not even close. They are paganism.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He believes God is able to rescue, save, heal and deliver people. Do you believe that God is able?
Not the way he believes. I believe God can truly heal us which means we do not continue in sin because of the power of God in our hearts/lives.

Upvote 0