✟255,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nice brush strokes.
I'm trying to figure out if that's a reflection of an animal's head in the water.
-​

Thank you, but there are no brush strokes. The painting is painted with a pallet knife, not a brush and no animal just ground and grass types.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You're really good.
Have you been doing this from boyhood?
-

Well i did draw when i was little but nothing that really stood out.

I would say in college, i was a graphic design major. But i saw the graphic field going toward computer, so i began to gravitate toward. Actual drawing and painting with the materials that have been used since the Old Master Charcoal, Pencil and Paint.. So around 29 or 30 was really when i actually began drawing and painting. I studied under a man who was the student of Henry Hensche

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You do 3D as well!!!
You've gotten better.
How much would you charge for this painting... I don't mean if you are being generous. I mean professionally, and how long did it take you to complete?
-
This is a painting that would fall into the still life type of painting and usually still life do not get a price that Landscapes do. But this painting framed i would sell for right at $1000.00.

This painting took about a month to complete, I worked on this painting at a specific time of day and usually two hours at a time. Meaning on say Monday i would go to my studio at 4:00 pm and work on this painting till around 6:00pm. by then the lighting had changed enough to where i would need to wait till the next day and the same time period 4-6pm.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟27,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-​
Thank you, but there are no brush strokes. The painting is painted with a pallet knife, not a brush and no animal just ground and grass types.
Ah. Pallet Knife.

-​
Well i did draw when i was little but nothing that really stood out.

I would say in college, i was a graphic design major. But i saw the graphic field going toward computer, so i began to gravitate toward. Actual drawing and painting with the materials that have been used since the Old Master Charcoal, Pencil and Paint.. So around 29 or 30 was really when i actually began drawing and painting. I studied under a man who was the student of Henry Hensche
What a privilege.

-​
This is a painting that would fall into the still life type of painting and usually still life do not get a price that Landscapes do. But this painting framed i would sell for right at $1000.00.

This painting took about a month to complete, I worked on this painting at a specific time of day and usually two hours at a time. Meaning on say Monday i would go to my studio at 4:00 pm and work on this painting till around 6:00pm. by then the lighting had changed enough to where i would need to wait till the next day and the same time period 4-6pm.
So, basically, this painting took you a week. What are the dimensions?

-​
I do, now two of these painting are not by me. Only the dog drawing in the post is by me.
You brought the dog to life, with the expression in its eyes.
Well done.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ah. Pallet Knife.

What a privilege.

So, basically, this painting took you a week. What are the dimensions?

You brought the dog to life, with the expression in its eyes.
Well done.
-
The painting is 20x24, Oil on Hardboard.
-
Thank you

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟191,694.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some struggle that.
Imagine what you would accomplish if you struggled just a little less.
That's a really great effort. All you need is the right pencil, or pastels, and you will enjoy doing portraits.
Thank you. Drawing and painting is mostly just a hobby for me. It's my way to unwind from my busy job. I love portraits, but I have the most fun drawing/painting florals. I agree though that the right pencils/pastels would be much better for drawing portraits. I will definitely invest in those if I decide to practice drawing portraits.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟27,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. Drawing and painting is mostly just a hobby for me. It's my way to unwind from my busy job. I love portraits, but I have the most fun drawing/painting florals. I agree though that the right pencils/pastels would be much better for drawing portraits. I will definitely invest in those if I decide to practice drawing portraits.
You've chosen a great way to unwind.
Some people sit in front the big screen TV, and flick through channels, and end up wasting several hours watching things that are of no benefit.

I can understand your choice of genre, since doing portraits require more effort, than doing flowers.
The different colors of flowers would certainly be refreshing.
I'm sure you would enjoy painting all the beautiful scenes in the new world. That's something I look forward to... and doing it with endless time available.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0