West Coast, USA
✟1,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity", sort of thing huh?

No, more like we should defend ourselves against people who are waging global war against us.
Is there something that's hard to understand about that?

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
For me, its common sense and a healthy brain.

Either terrorists or terrorists sympathizers. In fact far more than 10% are sympathetic to those who actually commit the terorists acts.

Remember this after 9/11:

Palestinian Arabs' response on 9/11:
YouTube - "Palestinian" arabs response on 11/9

*rubs sinuses* Palestine is where the issue gets complex.

Do you understand WHY those Palestinians were cheering? Or do you just think it was because "they" hate "us"?

Do you understand that those people weren't cheering because they endorse Islamic terrorism, but that their cheering was more akin to, say, Americans cheering after Doolittle's Tokyo raid? From THEIR perspective, that is?

Upvote 0

NoBama2012

Jan 25, 2011
West Coast, USA
✟1,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity", sort of thing huh?

You know what? If we had invaded Germany before they invaded Poland we could have saved the lives of six million Jews and millions of other people. Have you ever thought of that?

But just like today, there were people then who wanted to turn a blind eye to the evil over the horizon, just as we have people today who want to stick their head in the sand and who believe it will all go away if we just think about puppys and rainbows.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, more like we should defend ourselves against people who are waging global war against us.
Is there something that's hard to understand about that?
Two seconds ago you said we should "irradicate (sic)" them. So which is it?

As for "defend ourselves" you realise, in their minds, friom their perspective, we attacked them first, and THEY are defending THEMselves?

I am in no way apologising for, or condoning Muslim extremism. I am, however, gravel concerned by this sort of rhetoric comming from people who seem to have a limited understanding of very complex issues.

Make this simple for me, would you? Why do YOU think they want to harm us? In your own words?

Upvote 0

NoBama2012

Jan 25, 2011
West Coast, USA
✟1,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
....Do you understand that those people weren't cheering because they endorse Islamic terrorism, but that their cheering was more akin to, say, Americans cheering after Doolittle's Tokyo raid? From THEIR perspective, that is?

That is about the dumbest thing I have ever read. They cheered when they heard of the acts of terror commited against us, which meams they were cheering in support of those who commited those acts.

Like I said in Poest #81: Why are you always defending people who spit in the face of the Church and who spit in the face of America? What's really up with that?

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
You know what? If we had invaded Germany before he inavded Poland we could have saved the lives of six million Jews and millions of other people. Have you ever thought of that?

But just like today, there were people then who wanted to turn a blind eye to the evil over the horizon, just as we have people today who want to stick their head in the sand and who believe it will all go away if we just think about puppys and rainbows.
If we had let Jews emigrate from Germany and occupied Europe when they were trying to, rather than put endless diplomatic and administrative barriers in their way, we probably could have saved 6 million Jews too. Not to mention had American companies not supplied strategic materiel to Germany in the late 30s and early 40s that probably would have saved a few Jews too. Maybe some homosexuals and gypsies too.

Whats that? Blame doesn't apportion itself into neat little "goodies and baddies" through out history? Funny that.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is about the dumbest thing I have ever read. They cheered when they heard of the acts of terror commited against us, which meams they were cheering in support of those who commited those acts.
OK... so WHY do you think they supported those acts of terror?

Like I said in Poest #81: Why are you always defending people who spit in the face of the Church and who spit in the face of America? What's really up with that?
Because these issues are more complex than the way you present them. I'm not "defending" terrorists, I'm trying to bring facts into the discussion.

You don't want accuracy in the discussion? You'd rather I just left you alone so you could get on with hating your big scary Muslim bogeyman in peace?

Upvote 0

new_wine

Citizen
Dec 30, 2010
✟16,339.00
Faith
Christian
Exactly.

Someone is always trying to shove fear down our throats about something.

Fear us a deceiving, lying spirit and should be fought with every fiber of our being as Christians. This is the wrestling Paul spoke of. Not flesh, but the spirit.

What is really scary is the dreaded Global Warming.
And before that, the Y2K bug.
And before that the Population Bomb.

Repent from your earth destroying ways, evil capitalists, or you will be doomed, doomed, doomed!!!

Upvote 0

new_wine

Citizen
Dec 30, 2010
✟16,339.00
Faith
Christian
YouTube - Overpopulation: The Making of a Myth

There are an awful lot of people in the world! 6.5 billion now and growing at an amazing rate. We may not be doomed yet but we're surely getting close to losing the ability to supply material and food needs for a lot of people ... I guess we've always had some trouble with that, but if we get 9 billion or 12 billion will we be able to get water for people to drink?

I always say (on a lighter note) a warmer world is a better world. :p

Reactions: Sphinx777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
How about this, why don't you take a trip to Saudi Arabi wearing a Christian symbol in the open and see who is more tolerant?
Not that the entire Saudi population even makes up 10% of the Muslim world, or that intolerance is the same thing as terrorism... but hey.

YOU claimed 10% of Muslims are terrorists. I would like to see some figures to back it up, please. Otherwise, I'm sort of forced to conclude you're just pulling figures out of the air to support your a priori beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NoBama2012

Jan 25, 2011
West Coast, USA
✟1,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Not that the entire Saudi population even makes up 10% of the Muslim world, or that intolerance is the same thing as terrorism... but hey.

YOU claimed 10% of Muslims are terrorists. I would like to see some figures to back it up, please. Otherwise, I'm sort of forced to conclude you're just pulling figures out of the air to support your a priori beliefs.

At least his beliefs are pro-American instead of pro-Islamo-extremist

Upvote 0

new_wine

Citizen
Dec 30, 2010
✟16,339.00
Faith
Christian
I pointed out not all Muslims are extreme or terrorists.

I must be Un-American too.

Well good, if to be unamerican I give into fear and fallacious arguments.

I'll be glad to be unamerican.

Pointing out that not all Muslims are extremist terrorists is not "anti American".

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I pointed out not all Muslims are extreme or terrorists.

I must be Un-American too.

Well good, if to be unamerican I give into fear and fallacious arguments.

I'll be glad to be unamerican.
If you think that is all justg a big conspiracy set up by the american government, then why wouldn't you be?

Really you ought to be if it is all a big set up to manipulate us into doing their will.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you think that is all justg a big conspiracy set up by the american government, then why wouldn't you be?

Really you ought to be if it is all a big set up to manipulate us into doing their will.
Talk about from out of left field!

Who was talking about conspiracies set up by the government?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.