Has anyone here ever had experience with tarot cards? I've got a couple of Q's to ask.

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟328,728.00
Faith
Atheist
It's demons / familiar spirits.
In fact it's always demons that facilitate paranormal phenomena.
That must be so convenient; avoiding any need to understand.
People can 'receive' things though, apparently with their '3rd eye', the pineal gland.
At best, it's an over-stretched analogy; at worst, a major anatomical and physiological error.
Spirits can also work through humans otherwise, like in reiki.
Reiki 'works'? who knew? ;)
Point is, you can give spirits access to yourself.
This can end up in possession.
How do you know if you're possessed ?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

PuerAzaelis

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2016
NYC
✟182,310.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Nothing can "tell the future" in any coarse way, except someone with a TARDIS, which is also why prescriptive astrology, such as newspaper horoscopes, is bogus. There are specific ways to contemplate specific data symbolically, however, if one is sympathetic to the Jungian trip. I go hot and cold on that sort of thing.

I found "Meditations on the Tarot" by "Anonymous" (i.e. Valentin Tomberg) worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟251,279.00
Faith
Atheist
It's a very interesting concept, this whole "paranormal" thingy.

Postulate the existence of an undetectable being, with vast powers far beyond humans, beyond what is deemed possible, beyond even logic.
Postulate that this being can and does interact with the natural world, and it consistently interacts with the world in a way that thwarts humans' attempts to verify its existence.
Now finally postulate a set of arbitrary rules that this undetectable, powerful being has to follow, in order to explain any instances where the existence of such a being would counter other or further postulates.

Bingo, you have covered all your bases. You can never been shown wrong.

Of course, you can also never been shown correct, or use this worldview to make any reasonable predictions... but who cares? Not having to worry about being wrong is soooo great!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Tarot is no different than regular playing cards. I suppose we could assign "meanings" to Ace, 2-10, Jack-King, and Jokers, and it would amount to the same thing. Tarots cards are just prettier.

eudaimonia,

Mark
As was mentioned, playing cards were some of the first tarot cards. The suits were assigned meaning.
I agree, Tarot cards are prettier in that respect. And the imagery is just so so as to trigger the deeper psycho-visual relationship to the seeker.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟328,728.00
Faith
Atheist
It's a very interesting concept, this whole "paranormal" thingy.

Postulate the existence of an undetectable being, with vast powers far beyond humans, beyond what is deemed possible, beyond even logic.
Postulate that this being can and does interact with the natural world, and it consistently interacts with the world in a way that thwarts humans' attempts to verify its existence.
Now finally postulate a set of arbitrary rules that this undetectable, powerful being has to follow, in order to explain any instances where the existence of such a being would counter other or further postulates.

Bingo, you have covered all your bases. You can never been shown wrong.

Of course, you can also never been shown correct, or use this worldview to make any reasonable predictions... but who cares? Not having to worry about being wrong is soooo great!
Not forgetting spirits & demons to handle all the small stuff that might otherwise need some careful thought to explain. I thought spirits and demons had been usurped by the God of the gaps, so it's good to hear they're still active and mischievous in the Christian mythos ;)

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟251,279.00
Faith
Atheist
Not forgetting spirits & demons to handle all the small stuff that might otherwise need some careful thought to explain. I thought spirits and demons had been usurped by the God of the gaps, so it's good to hear they're still active and mischievous in the Christian mythos ;)
I count "spirits and demons" under "powerful being". Being able to "possess" humans? Guide their motor activity? Influence physical objects without having a physical form? Ability to read the minds of humans? I don't see a lot of difference between "gods" and "demons" and "spirits" here... except perhaps on a scale of asserted power.

That is what postulate 3 was for: "demon" is inable to influence person X? Person X must be protected by something more powerful! Or "demon" run afoul of some paranormal rule that prohibited him from breaking the "free will" of person X. Or "demon" just doesn't feel like performing while a skeptic is in the room.... or... or... or...

As long as you can find "explanation" for why the "paranormal" result doesn't happen as soon as it is tested... you have won.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟328,728.00
Faith
Atheist
I count "spirits and demons" under "powerful being". Being able to "possess" humans? Guide their motor activity? Influence physical objects without having a physical form? Ability to read the minds of humans? I don't see a lot of difference between "gods" and "demons" and "spirits" here... except perhaps on a scale of asserted power.

That is what postulate 3 was for: "demon" is inable to influence person X? Person X must be protected by something more powerful! Or "demon" run afoul of some paranormal rule that prohibited him from breaking the "free will" of person X. Or "demon" just doesn't feel like performing while a skeptic is in the room.... or... or... or...

As long as you can find "explanation" for why the "paranormal" result doesn't happen as soon as it is tested... you have won.
OK, I see what you mean. Those scare quotes around "explanation" are important - the one thing all these superstitions have in common is the appearance or impression of explanation without any explanatory power whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟251,279.00
Faith
Atheist
OK, I see what you mean. Those scare quotes around "explanation" are important - the one thing all these superstitions have in common is the appearance or impression of explanation without any explanatory power whatsoever.
Exactly!
Just what I was aiming at with my post responding to Hieronymus.
"Fortune telling must be of demonic origin!"
"How do you know?"
"Because humans cannot do it!"

Well, how does one know that? Obviously (if you assume it really works) humans can do it. So why invoke a demon?

Well, because "explanation"!

I once found the ultimate proof for the existence of the Invisible Pink Unicorn (BBHHH). It is the letter "Q"!
Humans are incapable to write, read or even think of the letter "Q"! Only the Invisible Pink Unicorn (BBHHH) can do that.
So every time a human writes, reads or thinks of "Q"... it is the hoof of Her Invisible Pinkness guiding him.

No one got the joke. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

I am not sure whether this is the appropriate area to place this thread, mods feel free to move it somewhere else if you want to.
I've got a tarot addiction - I will not deny it. I was wondering if any Christians on here have had a tarot addiction, and whether I could ask you a couple of questions?

Cheers,
Don't do it. If you claim to believe in spiritual realms how then you say you can't believe in One God/One Spirit/One Truth

Men who delve into spiritual realms run the risk of opening many doors unto many spirits

Just not THE DOOR unto GOD

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe because you look at it biassed yourself.

Actually, it's human psychology 101.

No human escapes his own psychological nature.

The best you can do is be aware of it and keep it in mind when interpreting your "personal" experiences.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the reasons Hod sent His Son was to shut up the mouths of every other lying whispering spirit who whispers and mutters everything and anything but the Hidden Wisdom and Truth of God which is Christ and the Message of The Cross

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
And what happens when the human discovers there is a spiritual realm ?

How could that be discovered?

He will be willing to delve into and remain listening to the voices of spirits but will continue in his disbelief of One God, One Spirit, One Truth?

That depends entirely on the nature of that mysterious realm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟251,279.00
Faith
Atheist
One of the reasons Hod sent His Son was to shut up the mouths of every other lying whispering spirit who whispers and mutters everything and anything but the Hidden Wisdom and Truth of God which is Christ and the Message of The Cross
Didn't seem to have worked.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How could that be discovered?

That depends entirely on the nature of that mysterious realm.
Are you kidding me? What did you think these things, these oracles, these substitutes lead to?

If one is not protected by THE NAME...he is unprotected and can and will open the doors unto a spiritual realm

Just not THE DOOR...

Who did you think taught the sons of men to practice divination?
Satan.
Who knew the TRUTH of GOD, but chose to reveal "other truths" which caused confusion from the beginning.

And now men look at "myths" and decide that GOD'S TRUTH from the beginning was a distortion and copy of "myths".

When it was the other way around..
Satan knew the TRUTH and offered suggestions and portions and distortions of that truth to superstitious men which has caused "egypt" to err in every way only half of the truth...

Where, where are your "wise men" NOW?
Let them tell what the LORD SABBOATH will do...

In the end, and in the day of trouble...contemplate Isaiah 8
The TESTIMONY is BOUND UP AMONGST HIS DISCIPLES...
And when they tell you to seek spirits should NOT a people consult THEIR GOD?

To the dead (spirits) for the LIVING ONE!>

NEVER!

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't seem to have worked.
One testimony and it is the witnesses who tesify by THAT WITNESS (THE SPIRIT OF GOD) to the TRUTH.

In the end, Freodin...the testimony will be validated.
For as you know the Law required the testimony of two or three to validate a truth.
Man is one.
GOD is the other...

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cant discuss these things...the only thing I can say is those who delve into these things are delving into these things without the PROTECTION of THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

And those who have the PROTECTION of THE LORD JESUS CHRIST would NEVER delve into these things...

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟246,080.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I cant discuss these things...the only thing I can say is those who delve into these things are delving into these things without the PROTECTION of THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

And those who have the PROTECTION of THE LORD JESUS CHRIST would NEVER delve into these things...
Very definitive. How do you know this to be true?

Upvote 0