United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know science isn't always right...
certainly it is not. But recall, I am presenting a view of Genesis (and Exodus) that harmonizes the records we can see with what God has provided in scripture.
How are fossils formed? It is almost impossible to get a fossil to form - hmmm requires death by Water basically.
Yes, well, not death by water necessarily, but covering by water or ash. But that is not really relevant to the fact that they exist and are from animals that existed in certain time periods as noted. Unless you are arguing that the animals all died in The Flood, which does not jive with the observable record of different animal types at different levels or places where we expect to find them and not in other places, nor does it account for animals preserved in permafrost or by natural mummification that are not fossils. *note I am not saying a Flood was not real, I am saying that the vast majority of the fossilized animals did not die in the Flood.
Anyways. Stars and their purpose are noted in Genesis...
To provide light and for counting by Abraham? You are going to have to be more specific because surely God could accomplish the task in other manners if he chose to. The light is negligible and representing your seed could be accomplished many other ways.
also they provide the correct gravitational pulls to keep our galaxy moving...and earth to maintain its perfect condition for life. Take away a galaxy and we are no longer here - would throw off everything.
That is not correct, the gravitational pull of other galaxies does not affect ours. Gravitational pull of galaxies does not extend forever.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟988,758.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As somebody who believes in a young earth, does that mean you also believe in the global flood happening around 2500 BC?
Yes, I believe in the Global Flood that actually is the reason why Noah built the Ark under God's instruction.

Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
certainly it is not. But recall, I am presenting a view of Genesis (and Exodus) that harmonizes the records we can see with what God has provided in scripture.

Yes, well, not death by water necessarily, but covering by water or ash. But that is not really relevant to the fact that they exist and are from animals that existed in certain time periods as noted. Unless you are arguing that the animals all died in The Flood, which does not jive with the observable record of different animal types at different levels or places where we expect to find them and not in other places, nor does it account for animals preserved in permafrost or by natural mummification that are not fossils. *note I am not saying a Flood was not real, I am saying that the vast majority of the fossilized animals did not die in the Flood.

To provide light and for counting by Abraham? You are going to have to be more specific because surely God could accomplish the task in other manners if he chose to. The light is negligible and representing your seed could be accomplished many other ways.

That is not correct, the gravitational pull of other galaxies does not affect ours. Gravitational pull of galaxies does not extend forever.
The gravitational pull of other galaxies does affect our galaxy.

Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If you want to read chapter one literal then you should read chapter two literal also. A day yō-wm maybe 24 hours. This word is used 7 times in chapter one but in verse 1:18 the word bay-yō-wm is used for day. "17God set these lights in the expanse of the sky to shine upon the earth, 18to preside over the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day. Here we have a classic case of where an age or era bay-yō-wm was made on a literal 24 hour day yō-wm.

In chapter two a day is an age or era. A long period of time. For example: Genesis 2:2 used bay-yō-wm for the word day. "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work." We have six literal 24 hour days but all of a sudden the seventh day is bay-yō-wm.
Gen 1 and Gen 2 refer to the same event

Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Fair enough, and I am telling you how I read the scriptures and what the physical records seem to show what is. My view harmonizes, yours does not. No fossils that don't make sense? We can see the different layers and strata that the different ages/time periods of certain creatures existed in, we can see the records of when and where dinosaur fossils should be present - and they are. We can see the records of when and where ice age animals should be present - and they are. We can see the records of when and where eocene invertebrate fossils should be - and they are. We can see where mountain ranges moved and flowed over the Earth with the tectonic plates moving, a process happening now and to this day. Why would God create these fossils as mere interesting trinkets for people to dig up at a later date?

Short of for the pleasure of the beauty, no I don't know what a galaxy millions of light years away would have to do with man and life on Earth.
All fossils were created over the past 6000 years. If you disagree then show the evidence

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
All fossils were created over the past 6000 years. If you disagree then show the evidence
You determine the age of a tree by counting the rings. You determine the age of the earth when you study the layer of the earth. Also you study the layers of the ice caps. The moon is moving away from the earth so you can determine when the moon hit the earth. Esp using computer models. That is a bit advanced for the average joe though. The universe can have a very rapid expansion rate so you can not use the speed of light. People reject radiometric dating because it has to be calibrate. There is also plate technotes. Something they discovered when looking for hidden submarines. This explains when and how mountains were made.

Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Job 38:4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.

1717241890398.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There have been five mass extinctions that we study from fossils in the layers of the earth. You seem to think all of that happened when? Before Adam in a week or at the time of Noah? The issue with the flood is the flood can make the layers or the flood can erode away the layers to expose them. But the flood cannot do both at the same time.

Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You determine the age of a tree by counting the rings. You determine the age of the earth when you study the layer of the earth. Also you study the layers of the ice caps. The moon is moving away from the earth so you can determine when the moon hit the earth. Esp using computer models. That is a bit advanced for the average joe though. The universe can have a very rapid expansion rate so you can not use the speed of light. People reject radiometric dating because it has to be calibrate. There is also plate technotes. Something they discovered when looking for hidden submarines. This explains when and how mountains were made.

Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Job 38:4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.

View attachment 349061
That model has been debunked many many times. It silly. Where is your evidence. Show me

Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There have been five mass extinctions that we study from fossils in the layers of the earth. You seem to think all of that happened when? Before Adam in a week or at the time of Noah? The issue with the flood is the flood can make the layers or the flood can erode away the layers to expose them. But the flood cannot do both at the same time.
Show me the 5 mass events and how the fossils determined that. Lay out your evidence don’t just blah blah blah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums