Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Materialists must be prepared to accept that there is no physical cause for the development of human consciousness.

Cogito ergo sum (“I think therefore I am”) — René Descartes

There’s an almost fretful anxiety in the voices and writings of materialists when they discuss consciousness. Inevitably, they become frustrated and angered when theists point out science’s inability to explain it. For rationalists, they are certainly more often given to emotionalism.

To the atheist, since consciousness can’t be observed, measured or explained, it must therefore not be real. This is preposterous. The fact that I’m writing this, and readers are reading it, means consciousness exists.

Despite the laws of physics and the claims of “rationalists” who insist that only things that can be explained by science actually exist, consciousness actually exists despite how obvious it is. But consciousness does, in fact, exist. It’s the reason you’re able to recognize these dots, squibbles and squiggles that make up the English alphabet and allow you to read this article.

In the case of consciousness, the soul or God’s existence, science can’t offer a great deal to understanding it. Regardless, my own consciousness is as obvious to me as is the consciousness of all those beings whom I encounter in my life. If consciousness isn’t accepted a priori, then exactly with why are my opponents disagreeing with me? It’s impossible for a being to contradict me without resources to his consciousness.

Continued below.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟80,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Materialists must be prepared to accept that there is no physical cause for the development of human consciousness.
Doctors that perform brain surgery have to know what is going to be effected. Every part of the brain has a function. If the brain is injured another part of the brain may make up for what was lost.

Upvote 0