US
✟1,120,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In response to the inquiry, I propose a pinned thread in the S&TL forum.

where is it safe?

Here is my proposed wording:

7th Day Safehouse

Members who choose to participate in this safe house should actively honor the 7th day Sabbath. The purpose of this thread is for members of various denominations, who adhere to the 7th day Sabbath, to share fellowship, and to discuss the fine points of honoring the 7th day Sabbath.

• This safe house thread is a neutral meeting place for those members who actively honor the 7th day Sabbath.
  • This Safehouse is for those who believe that Elohim's people are to keep his 7th day Sabbath for all generations. This point may not be debated.
  • Members who do not honor the 7th day Sabbath may post in fellowship only.
(CLV) Ex 31:16
Hence the sons of Israel will keep the sabbath so as to make the sabbath an eonian covenant throughout their generations.

Last edited:

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

where is it safe?

7th Day Safehouse

Members who chose to participate in this safe house should actively honor the 7th day Sabbath. The purpose of this thread is for members of various denominations, who adhere to the 7th day Sabbath, to share fellowship, and to discuss the fine points of honoring the 7th day Sabbath.

• This safe house thread is a neutral meeting place for those members who actively honor the 7th day Sabbath.
  • This Safehouse is for those who believe that Elohim's people are to keep his 7th day Sabbath for all generations. This point may not be debated.
Hence the sons of Israel will keep the sabbath so as to make the sabbath an eonian covenant throughout their generations.

If this would stop all the bickering and fighting in the S&TL forum itself; I'm all for it.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,120,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If this would stop all the bickering and fighting in the S&TL forum itself; I'm all for it.

I can't say that it would stop it; but I believe that it would reduce it.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yea I think this is also a good idea. Well done HARK! For me personally I do not see sharing God's Word as bickering and fighting as some might claim. Of course there will be disagreement between people in regards to this subject matter and the scriptures and between truth and error on any topic in any thread. That said, I do think that HARK! has proposed a good idea for those who wish to safely explore the scriptures in my view.

Last edited:
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟931,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Amen! Great idea!

ok - so given that we all agree that the ten commandments (including the Sabbath commandment) are unchanged and written on the heart under the New Covenant of Jer 31:31-34 (also quoted verbatim in Heb 8:6-12) - And that is not questioned...

Ex 20:10 "the seventh day IS the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)"

Exodus 20:11
11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and everything that is in them, and He rested on the seventh day; for that reason the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. NASB

11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it NKJV

Gen 2:1-3
And so the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their heavenly lights. 2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because on it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Some would argue that the most unreliable/untrue thing about the Sabbath is that "Detail" it highlights about creation week being the same 7 day sequence as we see Israel is commanded to remember in Exodus 20.

So then what does the Sabbath tell us about the Bible doctrine on origins - the creation of all life on Earth? Specifically in regard to what actually happened "in nature" in real history, in real time when it comes to the origins of all life on Earth?

Conversely - if you claim that a big bunny rabbit formed the world and placed easter eggs on it that would later evolve into horses and rabbits - is that sort of "never happened in nature" claim even remotely "science"? If it "never happened in nature" -- then my friends - it cannot be observed to happen in nature and therefore is not science.

Romans 1 says that even pagans have a certain level of knowledge -
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, being understood by what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their reasonings, and their senseless hearts were darkened.

===============================
Also notice in Exodus 16:23 it is not just "any 7 day sequence you like" but rather -- "tomorrow IS the Sabbath" -

Not just "one day in seven" but "tomorrow is the day".

In Gen 2:1-3 it is not Adam's 7th day of life - it is his first full day of life after having been created on day 6.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟931,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Gentiles specifically singled out for Sabbath blessing.
Isaiah 56:6-8
6 “Also the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord,
To attend to His service and to love the name of the Lord,
To be His servants, every one who keeps the Sabbath so as not to profane it,
And holds firmly to My covenant;
7 Even those I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar;
For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples.”

Sabbath for all mankind
Is 66:23 "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL mankind come before Me to worship" for all eternity AFTER the cross in the New Earth.

===================

Instead of "Gentiles have no relationship to the Sabbath" we see a blessing for gentiles who choose "not to profane" the Sabbath. The language suggests that not all gentiles make this choice...so the blessing specifically singles out those who do make that choice.

On the negative side -- This indicates that some gentiles may indeed be choosing to profane the Sabbath possibly thinking that they can't profane it because they assume it is not for them.

=====================

The point can be successfully made that not all gentiles know about this -- and as James says "whoever KNOWS to do right and does it not - to him it is sin".

Paul says in Romans 14 "whatever is not of faith is sin"

I am ok with that - because it is not my job to "convict the world of sin and righteousness and judgment" John 16.

I am content with just highlighting what scripture says on the topic

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟816,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ok - so given that we all agree that the ten commandments (including the Sabbath commandment) are unchanged and written on the heart under the New Covenant of Jer 31:31-34 (also quoted verbatim in Heb 8:6-12) - And that is not questioned...

Ex 20:10 "the seventh day IS the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)"

Exodus 20:11
11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and everything that is in them, and He rested on the seventh day; for that reason the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. NASB

11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it NKJV

Gen 2:1-3
And so the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their heavenly lights. 2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because on it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Some would argue that the most unreliable/untrue thing about the Sabbath is that "Detail" it highlights about creation week being the same 7 day sequence as we see Israel is commanded to remember in Exodus 20.

So then what does the Sabbath tell us about the Bible doctrine on origins - the creation of all life on Earth? Specifically in regard to what actually happened "in nature" in real history, in real time when it comes to the origins of all life on Earth?

Conversely - if you claim that a big bunny rabbit formed the world and placed easter eggs on it that would later evolve into horses and rabbits - is that sort of "never happened in nature" claim even remotely "science"? If it "never happened in nature" -- then my friends - it cannot be observed to happen in nature and therefore is not science.

Romans 1 says that even pagans have a certain level of knowledge -
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, being understood by what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their reasonings, and their senseless hearts were darkened.

===============================
Also notice in Exodus 16:23 it is not just "any 7 day sequence you like" but rather -- "tomorrow IS the Sabbath" -

Not just "one day in seven" but "tomorrow is the day".

In Gen 2:1-3 it is not Adam's 7th day of life - it is his first full day of life after having been created on day 6.

This forum is not for debate, or really discussion in this manner. It is to work with Staff on possibly making a new forum.

That said, I like the idea of a Safe House for 7th Day followers.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟931,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This forum is not for debate, or really discussion in this manner. It is to work with Staff on possibly making a new forum.

That said, I like the idea of a Safe House for 7th Day followers.

Ok thanks.. I thought it was a debate/discussion thread for the topic I did not notice that it is a suggestion thread for starting the topic.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟816,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok thanks.. I thought it was a debate/discussion thread for the topic I did not notice that it is a suggestion thread for starting the topic.
Discussion on why or why not the suggested new forum is a good idea would be OK, but discussion on the topic itself is outside the scope of this particular forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,120,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

@BobRyan

Hi Bob, based on your posts, I'm not sure if you realize that this isn't a safehouse thread per se. I'm advocating the creation of a pinned safehouse thread. If you support this; your input would be appreciated.

I'd be interested in your opinion of the benefits of such a thread, or any constructive criticism or improvements that could be made to the OP.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟816,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@BobRyan

Hi Bob, based on your posts, I'm not sure if you realize that this isn't a safehouse thread per se. I'm advocating the creation of a pinned safehouse thread. If you support this; your input would be appreciated.

I'd be interested in your opinion of the benefits of such a thread, or any constructive criticism or improvements that could be made to the OP.
Well, that was said better than I did! Well put :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟931,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@BobRyan

Yes I like it -- so much that apparently I am already running with it - not realizing that I jumped the gun a bit there.

I say let's do it!!

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
With the variety of Sabbaths, people get confused, not understanding which Sabbath is being spoke of in scripture. They also don't know about the reasons behind each Sabbath. They also have not learned about the prophetic stories contained within. I personally have explored and will continue to explore all the Sabbaths. Do you know that there are two Sabbaths that always occur on Sunday? I think it is prophetic. They start at the end of the spring feasts... and like early and lateral rains, their benefit will not be fully realized until the later rain.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟931,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
With the variety of Sabbaths, people get confused, not understanding which Sabbath is being spoke of in scripture. They also don't know about the reasons behind each Sabbath. They also have not learned about the prophetic stories contained within. I personally have explored and will continue to explore all the Sabbaths. Do you know that there are two Sabbaths that always occur on Sunday? I think it is prophetic. They start at the end of the spring feasts... and like early and lateral rains, their benefit will not be fully realized until the later rain.

Lev 23 mentions events that happen the day after the Sabbath -- and as you point out in the case of the annual Sabbaths - it is once a year for that Sabbath and not on an "every Sunday" 7 day cycle occurring again and again.

In any case -- it would all be nice to discuss on the proposed safe house thread.

• Useful
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,120,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

That's a good point. There are more Sabbaths outlined in scripture, aside for the 7th day Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm in favor of it. I probably wouldn't use it, but get the sense it would help relieve some tension Sabbath practicing Christians have been exhibiting.

Hope you enjoy discussing.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟735,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

where is it safe?

7th Day Safehouse

Members who choose to participate in this safe house should actively honor the 7th day Sabbath. The purpose of this thread is for members of various denominations, who adhere to the 7th day Sabbath, to share fellowship, and to discuss the fine points of honoring the 7th day Sabbath.

I'm for it

Upvote 0