Wicked Lose your salvation Documentary on YouTube promoting a works based salvation

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eternal life means eternal, if you cannot lose eternal life, if you could then that wasn't eternal... if it only lasted five minutes. that would make God a liar. 1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
In addition, there are several passages that tell us that you cannot be out of fellowship with God and be saved.

#1. 1 John 5:12 says He that has the Son has life and He that does not have the Son does not have life. Life is associated with eternal life or salvation.

#2. John 17:3 says eternal life is in knowing the one true God, Jesus Christ. Knowing implies a fellowship. So if you don't know Jesus, then you don't have life (Salvation).

#3. Romans 8:9 says if he a man does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to him.

#4. Psalm 73:27 says God will destroy all those who abandon Him (or go a whoring from Him).

#5. John 15:6 says if a man does not abide in Him, he is cast forth and burned.

#6. 1 John 1:7 says if we walk in the Light as He is in the Light, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.

#7. Romans 11:21-22 says if you do not continue in his goodness you will be cut off. For if God spared not the natural branches (i.e. the Jews), take heed that he can do the same to you (i.e. Gentile believers). The analogy here is that you are the branch and Christ is the tree. We need to continue in Christ's righteousness or goodness, not our own righteousness or goodness, or we will be cut off because of unbelief.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Part 1: Saying salvation is a partnership is the same thing as saying "you are in charge of your own fate" because even if it is a partnership, nobody would argue that God does not perform His obligations under the partnership.
Again, I have already given the verses that refutes your belief. It is up to you to deal with them or not.
Part 2: There are many verses that talk about it, but my point is not to defend it. My point is that the doctrine of eternal insecurity depends on it not being a thing.
There are no verses that defend Eternal Security because it is a lie that is fed to people to make them feel comfortable in their sin with the promise they are going to enter the Kingdom of God by a simple belief alone on Jesus. All supposed proof texts on Eternal Security are easily refuted by reading the context. But when the Conditional Salvation verses are brought up, they are either ignored or folks come up with some off the wall odd ball interpretations that does not fit the context. I know. I have been in these kinds of debates more times than I care to count and I never felt at any point like I was defeated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if you add works to faith then you're not saved. Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." you have to fully trust what Christ did and believe 100% on Jesus to be saved. you cannot mix faith and works. Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
First you said, "nope, that does not say you lose your salvation, you added that in" and now you're confirming what I said.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Think. What happened in the story of Noah and the flood? Did wicked men of that old world set out to attack Noah and his family and then alil of a sudden a big fast moving stream of water take them out? No. The Ark is what saved Noah and his family. The water was a form of Judgment. The only way the water saved Noah and his family was in the fact that it saved them from being influenced by that old wicked world. The water (the flood) had washed them away. Just like when a Christian receives Jesus as their Savior, their past life of sin and their conscience is clean before God the Father. So just as that old world was washed from Noah’s mind, so we also can have our conscience clean. Water baptism is an answer we give to our already clean conscience. Baptism is symbolic. Romans 6 tells us that baptism is in the likeness of Christ’s death. It is symbolic of how we crucified our old man, and we put on the new man walking a resurrected or risen life in newness to the glory of God. The water of the flood was also death (judgment). The real death to ourselves is by the change the Holy Spirit does upon our heart when we accept Jesus as our Savior.
READ the plain words, don't try and explain those words away. It's right there in the Bible. "BAPTISM . . . SAVES YOU." GOD saved Noah, not the ark, not the water. But God saved Noah THROUGH water, just as God saves us through water when we are baptized.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
READ the plain words, don't try and explain those words away. It's right there in the Bible. "BAPTISM . . . SAVES YOU." GOD saved Noah, not the ark, not the water. But God saved Noah THROUGH water, just as God saves us through water when we are baptized.
If this was the only verse on baptism, you may be on to something, but Paul makes it clear that he came not to baptize but to preach the gospel (1 Corinthians 1:17). I have heard some churches falsely claim that baptism is a part of the gospel, and yet Paul does not seem to think so. Anyway, the point here is if Paul did not come to baptize and it is for salvation, then Paul cannot lead anyone to salvation according to your belief system. So you are interpreting 1 Peter 3:21 incorrectly. All Scripture must harmonize together.

You don't seem to understand that 1 Peter 3:21 says that baptism is an answer to you already having a clean conscience.
As for God, Noah, and the flood: Yes, it was ultimately God who saved Noah, but the vehicle by which God used to save Noah was the Ark. God gave Him instructions to build it so that he and his family could be saved from the flood. The waters were a form of Judgment. The waters washed away the wicked people. Baptism is a reminder of Christ's death who washes away our sins by our having faith in Him as our Savior, and by our faith in the gospel message in that He died for our sins, He was buried, and risen the third day for our salvation. It's the gospel that saves, and not baptism.

Think. Cornelius and his household received the Spirit when they merely believed the gospel message from Peter. The Spirit is the down payment of our inheritance. So they were saved before they were even water baptized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If this was the only verse on baptism, you may be on to something, but Paul makes it clear that he came not to baptize but to preach the gospel (1 Corinthians 1:17). I have heard some churches falsely claim that baptism is a part of the gospel, and yet Paul does not seem to think so. Anyway, the point here is if Paul did not come to baptize and it is for salvation, then Paul cannot lead anyone to salvation according to your belief system. So you are interpreting 1 Peter 3:21 incorrectly. All Scripture must harmonize together.

You don't seem to understand that 1 Peter 3:21 says that baptism is an answer to you already having a clean conscience.
As for God, Noah, and the flood: Yes, it was ultimately God who saved Noah, but the vehicle by which God used to save Noah was the Ark. God gave Him instructions to build it so that he and his family could be saved from the flood. The waters were a form of Judgment. The waters washed away the wicked people. Baptism is a reminder of Christ's death who washes away our sins by our having faith in Him as our Savior, and by our faith in the gospel message in that He died for our sins, He was buried, and risen the third day for our salvation. It's the gospel that saves, and not baptism.

Think. Cornelius and his household received the Spirit when they merely believed the gospel message from Peter. The Spirit is the down payment of our inheritance. So they were saved before they were even water baptized.
You seem to be missing that 1 Peter 3:21 plainly says that Baptism saves. Baptism, as did the flood, wipes out sin. In Baptism we are spiritually regenerated and reborn as God's children. Baptism certainly is prefigured elsewhere in the Bible, such as when the Israelites pass through the Red Sea to freedom. And the importance is emphasized in the Bible:

Matt 28:19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit,

Romans 6:3 Or are you unaware that we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit."

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟49,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Again, I have already given the verses that refutes your belief. It is up to you to deal with them or not.

There are no verses that defend Eternal Security because it is a lie that is fed to people to make them feel comfortable in their sin with the promise they are going to enter the Kingdom of God by a simple belief alone on Jesus. All supposed proof texts on Eternal Security are easily refuted by reading the context. But when the Conditional Salvation verses are brought up, they are either ignored or folks come up with some off the wall odd ball interpretations that does not fit the context. I know. I have been in these kinds of debates more times than I care to count and I never felt at any point like I was defeated.
I wonder whether it's not best to leave the tares in the field until the harvest. But if the field is mostly tares, are we near the end of our reign?

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!​

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?​

16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.​

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?​

[The New King James Version (Ro 11:11–24). (1982). Thomas Nelson.]​

I think so.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be missing that 1 Peter 3:21 plainly says that Baptism saves.
Your interpretation does not make any sense in 1 Peter 3:21. Looking at your other posts on the forum, you have appeared to defend beliefs that align with the Catholic Church. The common Catholic interpretation on 1 Peter 3:21 is that the phrase "not the putting away of the filth of the flesh" contrasts Christian baptism with Jewish ritual washings or the baptism of John, which were about physical or outward cleansings.
However, what Peter is saying is that baptism does not save you in this part when he says, "not the putting way of the filth in of the flesh."

1 Peter 3:21
"The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:"

Notice.
It says baptism does now save us (not the putting away of the filth in of the flesh),

So baptism does not save in outward washings. That would be a contradictory statement if outward washings by John the Baptist never saved to begin with because Peter here is saying that baptism does not save in outward washings. Peter is saying that baptism saves for us to vie an answer of having a good conscience towards God. Meaning, you already have a good and clear and clean conscience toward God already by being saved by believing the gospel messsage in that Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and risen the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

What is your understanding on the part of the text that says, "but the answer of a good conscience toward God" mean? How is that a part of water baptism? Clearly I see baptism as the ANSWER to already having a good and clean conscience toward God by trusting the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 and seeking forgiveness by way of prayer with the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 10:9-13), and not Mary.

Baptism, as did the flood, wipes out sin.
But you are not reading that in context to what Peter said in 1 Peter 3:21. He said baptism saves us an ANSWER to of a good conscience toward God. Meaning, you are responding or answering to God in baptism in the fact you already have a good and clean conscience because you were first saved by believing the gospel message. So this is the parallel with Noah, the flood, and the Ark. Noah's conscience no long had to be grieved with the day-by-day sins of that old world of wicked men anymore because they were washed away. Noah's conscience was now clean of that old world. No doubt Noah was conscience was clean before God before the flood took place. He found grace in the eyes of the Lord. But the flood was an answer or response to faithful Noah by God Himself to save him and his family from that evil world by the water in their having to no longer be grieved by their sinful influence. However, we cannot lose sight of the pictures or types involved. The Ark symbolizes Jesus. The flood symbolizes Judgment and death. Baptism symbolizes the death of Christ according to Romans 6. So these are the boundaries we must follow. This is what you are failing to see or take into account.

In Baptism we are spiritually regenerated and reborn as God's children. Baptism certainly is prefigured elsewhere in the Bible, such as when the Israelites pass through the Red Sea to freedom. And the importance is emphasized in the Bible:
In the example of the Red Sea, it does appear that the water itself was a means of salvation for the Israelites because the waters actually destroyed God's enemies and saved the Israelites from harm and slavery again. Paul does say that Israelites were baptized in the Red Sea but this is obviously spiritual. 1 Corinthians 10 says that the Israelites were baptized in the cloud and the sea. Yet, this is symbolic because they were not literally baptized in the Red sea. They went through the Red sea and did not get immersed by the water. So this tells me that this is a dry baptism. Meaning, this is a reference to Spirit baptism. 1 Corinthians 12:13 says, "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit." In other words, not all forms of baptisms are the same.

Matt 28:19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit,
The King James Bible correctly says "teach all nations" and not "make disciples of all nations."
We do not make disciples, God is the One who calls and saves, and leads people to be disciples.

Anyway, I hold to two interpretations on this verse. This verse is either in reference to:

1. Immersing the disciples into the teachings of Jesus Christ in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, or:
2. It is water baptizing in the name that represents the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, which is Jesus Christ (See: 1 John 5:7, Colossians 2:9).

But nowhere does this verse say baptism is for salvation. Not all commands lead to spiritual death. Meaning, not all sin leads to death.

Romans 6:3 Or are you unaware that we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
Notice what it says in verse 5.

Romans 6:5
"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:"

The word "likeness" shows us that it is a comparison or like picture. So baptism is symbolic.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit."
Being born again of water is not in reference to water baptism. Being born again of water is in reference to being born again by the revelation of Holy Scripture in the fact that you heard God's words and you be changed spiritually and the Bible now becomes a revelation to you that speaks to you. Where you could not understand the Bible before, your eyes are now opened by Scripture. You have been born again by God's Holy Word (the Bible). Ephesians 5:25-27 says that Christ might sanctify and cleanse the church with the washing of the water of the WORD. This is Scripture. Many today do not regard Scripture as a Holy book but they see it as a book full of holes and errors. Even many Catholics have switched from the Douay Rheims and have involved themselves into Modern Textual Criticism. However, Modern Textual Critics (or their proponents) today all believe the Bible has errors in it.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 3:21 does not need an interpretation, it says Baptism saves, and Catholic believe the Bible is the Word of God and inerrant. Your logic that because Paul comes to preach the Gospel he did not come to baptize is deeply flawed. It's like saying Jesus came to town to attend a wedding so He did not come to save us. For non-Christian adults they must first hear of Jesus before they decide to get baptized.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟737,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
I think what the Calvinists/Evangelicals tend to misinterpret is the difference between works of the law and works of faith. That would help people interpret a verse like this properly. By believing we do not need a teacher, individuals can often misinterpret what the Bible actually says. .Once we are granted the free gift of grace we must have faith in the one who granted us faith. As we know "faith without works is dead." Like I said, we don't rely on works of the law to save us but works of faith.
Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Exactly....This is a perfect example of how many Protestants get confused about works of the law and works of faith. We are not granted faith until we believe and that faith will bear fruits. Remember, there is a huge difference between works of the law and works of faith.
Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Yes....and that justification is what allows us to have faith. Being justified by grace is not all that it means to be a Christian. Quick question.......If someone who is a baptized believer rejects their faith and for example becomes a Muslim, how strong is their faith in Jesus Christ's free gift of grace? I highly recommend that Protestants learn the difference between works of the law and works of faith. How do we interpret this famous verse that people use to claim we do not need faith as long as we believe?

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

People tend to only believe half of this very famous and important verse. We ARE saved by grace. Is that it or does it say "through faith." So the question becomes how can we say we believe but have no faith? We must access our faith through grace and as we all know "faith without works is dead." Not works of the law but works of faith.

What did Christ say to most of his disciples when he chose them? "follow me." IMO if it's good enough for the disciples, it's good enough for me. I recommend that we keep studying the word without cherry-picking out-of-context Bible verses to justify what we believe. We need to look at the whole of scripture.

Again:

John 14:15 - “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

1 Peter 1:14 - As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance,

Acts 5:29 - But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.

1 John 5:3 - For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

Isaiah 1:19 - If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land;

Luke 6:46 - “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

John 15:9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Revelations 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

Romans 1:5 Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.

Hebrews 13:17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.
This states in no uncertain terms that we shouldn't take on scripture by our own understanding but we need to be taught how to interpret these things. IMO, it is pompous to think that one can learn the true meaning of scripture with no teacher.

John 14:15 If you love me, keep my commands

Romans 2:6-8
6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”
7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger

Luke 11:28 .He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

James 1:25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

In light of all of this scripture, how can we in good conscience say there is no need or benefit to obeying Christ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larry H.

Oct 2, 2022
Whiteville
✟9,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 3:15-16 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Pretty clear that you cannot lose your salvation, otherwise God is a liar.
Sorry, but people can pull scriptures out to believe what they want or need to believe. If you're open I can share those scriptures but it seems you have made up your mind so it wouldn't be sharing, it would be arguing. I don't do that. May God continue to bless you in you're walk

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,572.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but people can pull scriptures out to believe what they want or need to believe. If you're open I can share those scriptures but it seems you have made up your mind so it wouldn't be sharing, it would be arguing. I don't do that. May God continue to bless you in you're walk

There are scripture supporting his point of view, that salvation is by faith alone without works (Romans 4:5)

There are also scripture supporting the opposing point of view, that salvation requires faith together with works (James 2:24).

So unless one rightly divide the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15), they can use scripture to support contradictory views.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟761,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This wicked documentary saying "OSAS false" (once saved always saved) teaching a lose your salvation, works salvation false gospel, is out there and listen it is wicked. Nobody in that entire video is saved, every single one is a false teacher who will split hell wide open and is a wicked devil going straight to hell busting hell wide open at lightning speed lowest hell and the saints will rejoice when they are thrown into Lake of fire. Jesus said I give them eternal life they shall never perish John 10:28

The people in this video are going straight to hell when they die, the lowest hell, don't follow them there!

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus died buried rose again shed his precious blood on the cross to pay for our sins. we simply Believe on him for the free gift of eternal life, by grace through faith.

Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

All liars so if you tell one lie you're damned. James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

I've know I've lied before, we have all lied before and we have all done worse than lying let's face it.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Salvation is grace through faith whosoever believeth in Jesus hath eternal life. Jesus paid it all. Amen the good news of the gospel is that Jesus took our sins and died for them.

Will you call on the name of Jesus, ask him to be saved? Say this prayer dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and deserve hell, but I believe in you and ask for the free gift of salvation, your word says whosoever believeth, and well, I believeth in you, that you died buried rose again for my sins, I call on your name Lord Jesus and ask to be saved, will you save me? I am only trusting in you Jesus, thank you for saving me, amen.

If you prayed that prayer and meant it in your heart, the bible says you are saved and have eternal life that can never be lost you can trust Jesus Christ for your salvation.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

How to go to heaven simply explained, I hope to see you there!:

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved! amen
Here is a tip regarding how you come across. I disagree with your doctrine but I remember a late evangelical preacher named Adrian Rogers who preached “once saved always saved.” His approach and tone had an expansive tone of love, unity, & firmness. I don’t know how someone who disagreed with his preaching could not respect and like the guy. Mind you, I am not saying I dislike or disrespect you but your approach does not seem helpful. I haven’t watched the video so I don’t know the approach of those in it.

I would suggest improving your approach and, I think, an approach like that of Adrian Rogers would be helpful.

I don’t know if there is an audio or video of the sermon I have linked because he had a great balance of substance and warmth in his preaching. Find any video otherwise and this should be noticeable.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, He cut away the heirarchical church and formed one where everyone individually clings to the one head and He put His Spirit in each one to elighten them from inside their hearts. Nobody has the right or the authority to impose their views on others. Period.
I can see that you believe this.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wonder whether it's not best to leave the tares in the field until the harvest. But if the field is mostly tares, are we near the end of our reign?

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!​

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?​

16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.​

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?​

[The New King James Version (Ro 11:11–24). (1982). Thomas Nelson.]​

I think so.
Nobody is stuck in being a certain way unless they seared their conscience or something and we cannot truly know if somebody has done that or not. People have changed their minds on a wide variety of theological beliefs. A person who once justified sin can change their mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟49,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is stuck in being a certain way unless they seared their conscience or something and we cannot truly know if somebody has done that or not. People have changed their minds on a wide variety of theological beliefs. A person who once justified sin can change their mind.
Jesus said, "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man." (Mt 15:19–20)

"He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins" (1 Jn 2:2).

It is not those who look to Jesus for forgiveness of their sins that have trouble with sin, it is those who think that their obedience to the law keeps them from being sinners.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟152,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The people in this video are going straight to hell when they die, the lowest hell, don't follow them there!
While I myself don't believe in OSAS, (there are too many verses that point otherwise and we have to take the bible as a whole) You yourself are contradicting your own belief by judging these people to hell. Something that is very dangerous to do btw. That's for God and God alone.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said, "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man." (Mt 15:19–20)

"He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins" (1 Jn 2:2).

You're not getting it. Those who say they can sin and still be saved are no different than unbelievers who justify sin and claim to believe in God. This describes any believer who rejects Conditional Salvation or the view that sin can separate us from God (unless one confesses and forsakes their sin). 1 Timothy 5:8 says if you do not provide for your own you have denied the faith, and are worse than an infidel (unbeliever). ONLY a believer can be worse than an unbeliever! So this is not talking about some kind of false believer pretending to be a believer. Jesus warned against how looking upon a woman in lust can cause one to be cast bodily into hellfire (Matthew 5:28-30). This is not possible according to popular Christianity.

Concerning Matthew 15:19-20:

Notice the word "defile" in the passage.

1 Timothy 1:10 (KJV)
"For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons,and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

1 Timothy 1:18-19 (KJV)
18 "This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou bythem mightest war a good warfare;
19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:"

So those who defile themselves (who believe they can sin and be saved) are not waging a good warfare and holding on to faith with a good conscience. It warns of some who have made a shipwreck of their faith. Hymenaeus and Alexander blasphemed and thus were turned over to Satan so as to learn not to blaspheme. So they were once saved, and lost that salvation by the sin of blaspheming. They were once in God's good graces, and they fall out due to sin.

Further proof?

Notice also that 1 Timothy 1:18 talks about waging a good warfare. What is this?

1 Timothy 6:12 says,
"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses."

So you have to fight the good fight of faith in order to lay hold on eternal life. You cannot refuse to fight the good fight and then also lay hold on eternal life. That would run contrary to the the thought expressed in 1 Timothy 6:12.

In regard to 1 John 2:2:

Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins. This is true, but what are the conditions for this?

1 John 1:17 says IF we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.

Walking in the light is loving your brother according to the indirect wording in 1 John 2:9-11.

So a person has to continue to love their brother in this life in order for the blood of Jesus to cleanse themselves from all sin. No cleansing blood of Jesus because a person did not love their brother means they will not be saved. You cannot be saved without the blood of Jesus, and it needs to be applied properly by following the conditions in God's Word that He gave us.

You said:
It is not those who look to Jesus for forgiveness of their sins that have trouble with sin, it is those who think that their obedience to the law keeps them from being sinners.

This is not true. I have heard those who believe as you do say they sin all the time or they cannot help but to sin or they use 1 John 1:8 as an excuse that they must sin again at some point again (and yet they no doubt will claim they are saved even while they will sin again). Even if you lived liked a saint, if you believe even one sin can be justified (i.e., meaning you can sin and still be saved), then that is turning God's grace into a license for immorality (Jude 1:4). Remember, it only took one sin for the fall to happen. It only takes one sin of murder to happen in order to be considered a murderer, etcetera.

In other words, the problem is in rejecting the Word of God on the teaching of sin and salvation as God has described in His Word that is the real problem. Saying one can sin and be saved on any level is turning God’s grace into a license for immorality. Meaning, the true believers who do not justify sin are those who believe the Bible’s teaching on Conditional Salvation. OSAS is an excuse to sin no matter how people try to spin it. The Bible does not teach Unconditional Eternal Security.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You're not getting it. Those who say they can sin and still be saved are no different than unbelievers who justify sin and claim to believe in God. This describes any believer who rejects Conditional Salvation or the view that sin can separate us from God (unless one confesses and forsakes their sin). 1 Timothy 5:8 says if you do not provide for your own you have denied the faith, and are worse than an infidel (unbeliever). ONLY a believer can be worse than an unbeliever! So this is not talking about some kind of false believer pretending to be a believer. Jesus warned against how looking upon a woman in lust can cause one to be cast bodily into hellfire (Matthew 5:28-30). This is not possible according to popular Christianity.

Concerning Matthew 15:19-20:

Notice the word "defile" in the passage.

1 Timothy 1:10 (KJV)
"For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons,and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

1 Timothy 1:18-19 (KJV)
18 "This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou bythem mightest war a good warfare;
19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:"

So those who defile themselves (who believe they can sin and be saved) are not waging a good warfare and holding on to faith with a good conscience. It warns of some who have made a shipwreck of their faith. Hymenaeus and Alexander blasphemed and thus were turned over to Satan so as to learn not to blaspheme. So they were once saved, and lost that salvation by the sin of blaspheming. They were once in God's good graces, and they fall out due to sin.

Further proof?

Notice also that 1 Timothy 1:18 talks about waging a good warfare. What is this?

1 Timothy 6:12 says,
"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses."

So you have to fight the good fight of faith in order to lay hold on eternal life. You cannot refuse to fight the good fight and then also lay hold on eternal life. That would run contrary to the the thought expressed in 1 Timothy 6:12.

In regard to 1 John 2:2:

Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins. This is true, but what are the conditions for this?

1 John 1:17 says IF we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.

Walking in the light is loving your brother according to the indirect wording in 1 John 2:9-11.

So a person has to continue to love their brother in this life in order for the blood of Jesus to cleanse themselves from all sin. No cleansing blood of Jesus because a person did not love their brother means they will not be saved. You cannot be saved without the blood of Jesus, and it needs to be applied properly by following the conditions in God's Word that He gave us.

This is not true. I have heard those who believe as you do say they sin all the time or they cannot help but to sin or they use 1 John 1:8 as an excuse that they must sin again at some point again (and yet they no doubt will claim they are saved even while they will sin again). Even if you lived liked a saint, if you believe even one sin can be justified (i.e., meaning you can sin and still be saved), then that is turning God's grace into a license for immorality (Jude 1:4). Remember, it only took one sin for the fall to happen. It only takes one sin of murder to happen in order to be considered a murderer, etcetera.

In other words, the problem is in rejecting the Word of God on the teaching of sin and salvation as God has described in His Word that is the real problem. Saying one can sin and be saved on any level is turning God’s grace into a license for immorality. Meaning, the true believers who do not justify sin are those who believe the Bible’s teaching on Conditional Salvation. OSAS is an excuse to sin no matter how people try to spin it. The Bible does not teach Unconditional Eternal Security.
Out of curiosity, what would you say are the essential conditions that must be met in order to be saved? Thank you.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
if you add works to faith then you're not saved. Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." you have to fully trust what Christ did and believe 100% on Jesus to be saved. you cannot mix faith and works. Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
You just quoted Galatians 5:4 which was written to believers who had received the Holy Spirit.

”You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬-‭3‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Galatians 5:4 just proved you wrong because these people were saved.

Upvote 0