Wicked Lose your salvation Documentary on YouTube promoting a works based salvation

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟49,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Uh, I believe I refuted what you are stating by the verses I posted. 2 Corinthians 7:1 says let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God. Why the fear of God? We are just secure and we cannot lose what we have right? God is just going to force you to do good or in the fact that He mind-wiped a person to be a robotic do-gooding slave. They have no choice but to do good. However, I just do not get that impression when I read the Scriptures. The verses I posted refute that idea.
I said:

All the variants of the doctrine of eternal insecurity have two things in common. The first thing is that "eternal insecurity" exists because you are in charge of your own fate, so don't mess it up. The second thing is that none of them recognize that the new man created "according to God in true righteousness and holiness" (Eph 4:24) is incapable of sinning/missing the mark/rejecting God because "His seed remains in him" (1 Jn 3:9), he is "joine to the Lord", and he is "one spirit with Him" (1 Cor 6:17).​
First, you confirmed that your doctrine says we are in charge of securing our own salvation. And second, you confirmed that your doctrine does not recognize that the new man created by Jesus is incorruptible. Those are the two elements of my premise. So, you didn't refute my premise. You just confirmed that my premise is true concerning your doctrine. The fact that you point to the Bible to back up your point of view is not at issue here. Virtually everyone on this site, even the flat earthers, point to the Bible to back up their claims.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I said:

All the variants of the doctrine of eternal insecurity have two things in common. The first thing is that "eternal insecurity" exists because you are in charge of your own fate, so don't mess it up. The second thing is that none of them recognize that the new man created "according to God in true righteousness and holiness" (Eph 4:24) is incapable of sinning/missing the mark/rejecting God because "His seed remains in him" (1 Jn 3:9), he is "joine to the Lord", and he is "one spirit with Him" (1 Cor 6:17).​
First, you confirmed that your doctrine says we are in charge of securing our own salvation.
It’s synergistic. It’s not all God and it’s not all you. But we are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling in Philippians 2:12 (Which one can either ignore or change it because it does not align with what they desire to be true).

And second, you confirmed that your doctrine does not recognize that the new man created by Jesus is incorruptible. Those are the two elements of my premise. So, you didn't refute my premise. You just confirmed that my premise is true concerning your doctrine. The fact that you point to the Bible to back up your point of view is not at issue here. Virtually everyone on this site, even the flat earthers, point to the Bible to back up their claims.
I believe the Word of God (like Scripture) is incorruptible, but I get no indication that this not possible for the new born again person. Please provide Scripture to back up your claim.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I use the Bible to interpret the Bible.

Jesus founded a hierarchical church. He gave his church leaders the authority to interpret the scriptures. He did not give his authority to you to do this. You are free to express your opinion, but you have no authority to impose it on anyone else. I don't have this authority either.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they watch over your souls as those who must give an account. Let them do this with joy and not complaining, for that would not be profitable to you. MOUNCE

Matthew 28:16-20

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” NIV

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟737,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I think that churches of specifically Calvinists have misinterpreted how salvation works in a practical sense.

Most of them even agree that once we declare or believe in Jesus we have only done what God has preprogrammed us to do before he made his creation (ie the universe).

I think that the main verse that is misinterpreted is:
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Half of this verse is used to preach that all we need to do is declare a one-time belief and we can do no wrong at that point. However, even in this end all be all of the Calvinist doctrine is flawed because also included, not elsewhere in the Bible but in the same verse "by grace through faith. Anything other than this interpretation, is a "works-based salvation."

The real answer is that by grace through faith the two things work together. It specifically done not say that we are saved by grace alone. When we break down the whole verse, we see that we are not capable of having faith if there is nothing to have faith in. By letting us know that we are saved by grace through faith it also let's us know that neither exists in a vacuum.

The question is how do we have faith if we are not granted the grace to believe and how can we say we believe if there is no evidence of our faith? It's neither of the two extremes but grace and faith work together the same way that God works with us. I don't think there are many (if any) clergy in the most ancient and apostolic church that declares we must only have faith (ie faith alone). So it makes me wonder why people would think grace without faith is acceptable. We cannot save ourselves that is why we are granted grace however, if one has been granted grace, their faith will surely follow if they are sincere about asking for God's grace. So many Bible passages support this.

• Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”
    John 14:23
If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.
Deuteronomy 28:1

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
James 1:22

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
John 15:16

*See John 15:16 where it indicates that we have been chosen by God but it also says "I appointed yo so that you might go and bear fruit." How on Earth can one read this and think that there is no requirement to actually follow Jesus or do anything he says. What did he say to all of his disciples? "Follow me" This doctrine that one lawyer made up by his personal interpretation of scripture is flawed and easily disproven. If we do like they do adu interpret the Bible with the Bible, you can search out partial verses and out-of-context verses to say whatever you want them to say. We are his sheep. Once a sheep is paid for (in the case of Christ by blood), does one leave their newly purchased sheep at the auction house? No, what does the sheep do at that point? They follow their shepherd as we must follow Christ, not just believe he bought us and stay at the auction

Even Paul who is misquoted to say we have no need for faith once we've attained grace says this to the Romans:

Disobedience leads to sin and death, but the obedience of Christ leads us to righteousness and eternal life. St. Paul states: “Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Rom. 6:16).

Have a think on what you really believe on this topic.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟49,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus founded a hierarchical church. He gave his church leaders the authority to interpret the scriptures. He did not give his authority to you to do this. You are free to express your opinion, but you have no authority to impose it on anyone else. I don't have this authority either.
No, He cut away the heirarchical church and formed one where everyone individually clings to the one head and He put His Spirit in each one to elighten them from inside their hearts. Nobody has the right or the authority to impose their views on others. Period.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟49,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It’s synergistic. It’s not all God and it’s not all you. But we are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling in Philippians 2:12 (Which one can either ignore or change it because it does not align with what they desire to be true).
Part 1: Saying salvation is a partnership is the same thing as saying "you are in charge of your own fate" because even if it is a partnership, nobody would argue that God does not perform His obligations under the partnership.
I believe the Word of God (like Scripture) is incorruptible, but I get no indication that this not possible for the new born again person. Please provide Scripture to back up your claim.
Part 2: There are many verses that talk about it, but my point is not to defend it. My point is that the doctrine of eternal insecurity depends on it not being a thing.

Upvote 0

Larry H.

Oct 2, 2022
Whiteville
✟9,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This wicked documentary saying "OSAS false" (once saved always saved) teaching a lose your salvation, works salvation false gospel, is out there and listen it is wicked. Nobody in that entire video is saved, every single one is a false teacher who will split hell wide open and is a wicked devil going straight to hell busting hell wide open at lightning speed lowest hell and the saints will rejoice when they are thrown into Lake of fire. Jesus said I give them eternal life they shall never perish John 10:28

The people in this video are going straight to hell when they die, the lowest hell, don't follow them there!

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus died buried rose again shed his precious blood on the cross to pay for our sins. we simply Believe on him for the free gift of eternal life, by grace through faith.

Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

All liars so if you tell one lie you're damned. James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

I've know I've lied before, we have all lied before and we have all done worse than lying let's face it.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Salvation is grace through faith whosoever believeth in Jesus hath eternal life. Jesus paid it all. Amen the good news of the gospel is that Jesus took our sins and died for them.

Will you call on the name of Jesus, ask him to be saved? Say this prayer dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and deserve hell, but I believe in you and ask for the free gift of salvation, your word says whosoever believeth, and well, I believeth in you, that you died buried rose again for my sins, I call on your name Lord Jesus and ask to be saved, will you save me? I am only trusting in you Jesus, thank you for saving me, amen.

If you prayed that prayer and meant it in your heart, the bible says you are saved and have eternal life that can never be lost you can trust Jesus Christ for your salvation.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

How to go to heaven simply explained, I hope to see you there!:

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved! amen
I take it you are a new believer in Christ Jesus. Hope you will take some advise. Don't look for men to interpret the Bible, study it for yourself and God will do that for you as He wills. He is the only One you can trust for that. (2 Tim. 2:15) Anything you read of a man's, unless it is the Holy scriptures, check it, then re check it again, then when you're finished, check it again, to make sure it lines up with "all" scriptures. . God bless

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟76,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I take it you are a new believer in Christ Jesus. Hope you will take some advise. Don't look for men to interpret the Bible, study it for yourself and God will do that for you as He wills. He is the only One you can trust for that. (2 Tim. 2:15) Anything you read of a man's, unless it is the Holy scriptures, check it, then re check it again, then when you're finished, check it again, to make sure it lines up with "all" scriptures. . God bless
John 3:15-16 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Pretty clear that you cannot lose your salvation, otherwise God is a liar.

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟76,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think that churches of specifically Calvinists have misinterpreted how salvation works in a practical sense.

Most of them even agree that once we declare or believe in Jesus we have only done what God has preprogrammed us to do before he made his creation (ie the universe).

I think that the main verse that is misinterpreted is:
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Half of this verse is used to preach that all we need to do is declare a one-time belief and we can do no wrong at that point. However, even in this end all be all of the Calvinist doctrine is flawed because also included, not elsewhere in the Bible but in the same verse "by grace through faith. Anything other than this interpretation, is a "works-based salvation."

The real answer is that by grace through faith the two things work together. It specifically done not say that we are saved by grace alone. When we break down the whole verse, we see that we are not capable of having faith if there is nothing to have faith in. By letting us know that we are saved by grace through faith it also let's us know that neither exists in a vacuum.

The question is how do we have faith if we are not granted the grace to believe and how can we say we believe if there is no evidence of our faith? It's neither of the two extremes but grace and faith work together the same way that God works with us. I don't think there are many (if any) clergy in the most ancient and apostolic church that declares we must only have faith (ie faith alone). So it makes me wonder why people would think grace without faith is acceptable. We cannot save ourselves that is why we are granted grace however, if one has been granted grace, their faith will surely follow if they are sincere about asking for God's grace. So many Bible passages support this.

• Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”
    John 14:23
If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.
Deuteronomy 28:1

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
James 1:22

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
John 15:16

*See John 15:16 where it indicates that we have been chosen by God but it also says "I appointed yo so that you might go and bear fruit." How on Earth can one read this and think that there is no requirement to actually follow Jesus or do anything he says. What did he say to all of his disciples? "Follow me" This doctrine that one lawyer made up by his personal interpretation of scripture is flawed and easily disproven. If we do like they do adu interpret the Bible with the Bible, you can search out partial verses and out-of-context verses to say whatever you want them to say. We are his sheep. Once a sheep is paid for (in the case of Christ by blood), does one leave their newly purchased sheep at the auction house? No, what does the sheep do at that point? They follow their shepherd as we must follow Christ, not just believe he bought us and stay at the auction

Even Paul who is misquoted to say we have no need for faith once we've attained grace says this to the Romans:

Disobedience leads to sin and death, but the obedience of Christ leads us to righteousness and eternal life. St. Paul states: “Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Rom. 6:16).

Have a think on what you really believe on this topic.
Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟76,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That statement seems to completely go against salvation is solely based on belief in Jesus.
if you add works to faith then you're not saved. Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." you have to fully trust what Christ did and believe 100% on Jesus to be saved. you cannot mix faith and works. Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟76,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There are many ways to demolish OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved), Eternal Security, and or Preservance of the Saints (POTS).

1. Fall Away List of Verses.

2. Serious Sin Can Separate Us From God Verses.

3. Verses on Sanctification Being a Part of Salvation.

4. Obeying God’s Commands as a Part of Eternal Life Verses.

Bonus Point Verses.

Side Note:

I have provided a list of verses for each of these numbered points mentioned above; Just click on the link(s) (above), and you will be taken to the post that lists verses for that topic.

Side Note 2:

Oh, and in my experience: OSAS proof text verses ignore the context. For example: Many love to quote John 10:28, but they fail to point out that the kind of sheep that cannot be snatched out of his hand are the kind of sheep that follow Jesus mentioned in verse 27 (John 10:27).

I mean, one has to truly be kidding themselves if they believe a Christian can sin and still be saved. The Bible and basic morality (i.e., parables or real-world examples) clearly teach against this false doctrine.
Eternal life means eternal, if you cannot lose eternal life, if you could then that wasn't eternal... if it only lasted five minutes. that would make God a liar. 1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if you add works to faith then you're not saved. Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." you have to fully trust what Christ did and believe 100% on Jesus to be saved. you cannot mix faith and works. Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Which means you can lose your salvation.

That's the big plot hole in Free Grace theology. It teaches all you have to do is believe in Jesus to be saved. Key proof text: “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31. But then Free Grace proponents go on to say that billions of people who believe in Jesus are going to Hell.

So it's not belief in Jesus that insures salvation, it's only belief in Jesus according to Free Grace theology that grants, insures maintains salvation.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Based on what I've heard from major teachers of Free Grace such as Zane Hodges, Bob Wilkin and Hank Lindstrom etc, belief in Jesus is the only requirement to be saved.

If you believe in Jesus and lie, cheat and steal - you're still saved. If you believe in Jesus and don't love your neighbor - you're still saved. If you stop believing in Jesus - you're still saved.

But if you believe in Jesus and try mixing in works - you're not saved, you've lost your salvation, you a believer in Jesus are going to Hell.

If Free Grace was really what Free Grace claims, then belief in Jesus means you're saved - even if you try adding in works. Belief in Jesus should trump everything else, every sin and mistake you make - but according to Free Grace proponents that's not really the case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟76,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Which means you can lose your salvation.

That's the big plot hole in Free Grace theology. It teaches all you have to do is believe in Jesus to be saved. Key proof text: “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31. But then Free Grace proponents go on to say that billions of people who believe in Jesus are going to Hell.

So it's not belief in Jesus that insures salvation, it's only belief in Jesus according to Free Grace theology that grants, insures maintains salvation.
nope, that does not say you lose your salvation, you added that in

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟737,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
This is why I say we need to read the whole chapter and compare that to what we know is said in the New Testament. While people declare that we have no need for faith, this is what it says in the same chapter:

11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them. 12 And he is then also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also follow in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

We can't just cherry-pick one or even three verses out of context and think it negates the entirety of the New Testament.
Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Again, compare and contrast with the entire book being quoted which does not negate the rest. What does it say right before the verse quoted above:

27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith.
Again, this prepares us for the message of grace which produces faith. You must know the difference between works based on the Mosaic law and works based on faith. Remember the golden verse often quoted by evangelicals? Grace through faith. It baffles me how an individual with no counseling or scrutiny from a global collection of teachers whose interpretation was passed down from the Apostles. Also in that same chapter:
21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in[h] Jesus Christ to all who believe.

How can we say that there is no need for faith?

27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith.
Again, again, and again, the NT says thatworks are not what's required but faith. Not faith in the law of Moses but faith in Jesus Christ and what does the NT say about that?

Faith is the bond of a living union with Jesus Christ, and so the obedience of faith arises out of union with Him:
Paul says, “The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” (Gal. 2:20).
Paul isn't double minded is he? No, the evangelical interpretation (by using no teacher or church body of authority) has misinterpreted basically the teachings of the New Testament.
Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus
Now that we have grace what do we do with it? drop it on the floor or use our new relationship with Christ who says this:
Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you
John 14:23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him

Let's just go over a handful of bible verses that talk about obedience:
Romans 6:15 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?
Hebrews 13:17Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.
Philippians 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Romans 5:18For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.
James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Luke 11:28 But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
John 14:21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.

That is just a small handful taken from most of the NT books. Maybe you can explain that there is no need for faith or obedience. It would seem that the majority (if not all) of the disciples and their teacher (Our Lord Jesus Christ) disagree with the Calvinist version of scriptural interpretation.

GAME/SET?MATCH for proper biblical interpretation. We need expert teachers because if we try to interpret scripture based on our own understanding we will fail every time. I know that being catholic or protestant is like a being a member of a team and we must be loyal to the team we have chosen but look at this very small sampling of scriptures that CONFIRM that we must not only accept grace but when we are given that free gift, our faith is possible which makes obedience possible. It doesn't say how many points we must score in works to get to heaven, it repeatedly says if we are to be followers of Christ, we should actually follow him

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So if you mix in works with belief in Jesus, are you saved or not?
The flip side to this question is - So, if you divorce personal holiness and sanctification from belief in Jesus, are you saved or not? This is the heart of Antinomianism. My sister-in-law, who recently passed away, was a staunch Antinomian. She was completely unashamed of her lifestyle and believed that it displayed the grace of Jesus Christ wonderfully. BTW, the cause of her death was the complications of obesity and diabetes as well as arthritis, all of which, in her case, were brought on by her own decisions to have candy available at all times to chow down on, as well as an extremely unhealthy diet. It was a very slow, but deliberate, form of suicide.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope. If you were careful to read 1 Peter 3:21 again in the KJV, it simply says that we are saved in giving an answer in having a good conscience before God which is made possible by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Romans 6 compares baptism to the likeness of Christ's death, and the resurrection is compared to walking in newness of life (See: Romans 6:4-5 KJV).

1 Peter 3:20-21 who formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, during the building of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were saved through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. RSVCE

"Baptism . .. now saves you." We are saved through Baptism and continue to be saved.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 3:20-21 who formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, during the building of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were saved through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. RSVCE

"Baptism . .. now saves you." We are saved through Baptism and continue to be saved.
Think. What happened in the story of Noah and the flood? Did wicked men of that old world set out to attack Noah and his family and then alil of a sudden a big fast moving stream of water took them out? No. The Ark is what saved Noah and his family. The water was a form of Judgment. The only way the water saved Noah and his family was in the fact that it saved them from being influenced by that old wicked world. The water (the flood) had washed them away. Just like when a Christian receives Jesus as their Savior, their past life of sin and their conscience is clean (washed) before God the Father. So just as that old world was washed from Noah’s mind, so we also can have our conscience clean. Water baptism is an answer we give to our already clean conscience. Baptism is symbolic. Romans 6 tells us that baptism is in the likeness of Christ’s death. It is symbolic of how we crucified (put to death) our old man. Then, we put on the new man walking a resurrected or risen life in newness to the glory of God. The water of the flood was death (judgment). So also is baptism. It is symbolic of Christ’s death. The real death to ourselves is by the change the Holy Spirit does upon our heart when we accept Jesus as our Savior. Water just gets you wet, but the Spirit helps to give us a new heart and crucify the old man when we receive the Lord Jesus Christ and the gospel message and our sins are washed away like water.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eternal life means eternal, if you cannot lose eternal life, if you could then that wasn't eternal... if it only lasted five minutes. that would make God a liar. 1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
Christ alone has immortality (1 Timothy 6:16). Jesus Himself said He is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). 1 John 5:12 says, he that has the Son has life, and he that does not have the Son, does not have life. So, you have to abide in Christ in order to have life (i.e., eternal life) because Jesus is the source of eternal life. Eternal life is not something granted to you like a magical wish by a genie and neither is it a super power. Life is Christ and sin can break fellowship with the Lord. If we are not in fellowship with the Lord, we have no life in us because Jesus is that eternal life.

Upvote 0