• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

What is currently on your mind?

2PhiloVoid

Learn to Discern!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,202,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The hair... the hair alone
^_^
Look, I don't have a problem with review and feedback and all of that. It's normal and healthy and we probably need more of it, not less, in church leadership. The process in this instance has, I think, also some room for improvement; but I am not so sure that my bishop is as open to honest feedback as he is expecting me to be!

About ten years older than me. Mid fifties.

I'm sure the lack of reciprocity from the bishop has something to do with his expectations that come from knowing that you're in the 'pastoral' position as a priest. On some level, as I'm sure you already are well aware of, they want you to do the Pauline Jig and attempt in more or less traditional manner to "be all things to all people."

Frankly, I empathize with you because, for the life of me, I'm not sure how you do it. I could never pull that off. While I'm all for knowing my audience, I'm the sort that isn't going to refrain from making sure my audience knows my mindset and my views as well; and there is, after all, a reason I dropped out from Bible College and discontinued seeking to enter the ministry. ^_^ Kudos to you that the ministry is your calling! I do hope your bishop will at least lend an ear to your side of the story. I know it's not easy to engage older generations within the Church. I'll say a prayer for your situation, sister.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,562,795.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
On some level, as I'm sure you already are well aware of, they want you to do the Pauline Jig and attempt in more or less traditional manner to "be all things to all people."
Absolutely. And - despite whatever St. Paul might have said - that's not possible for mere mortals!
Frankly, I empathize with you because, for the life of me, I'm not sure how you do it.
None of us is perfect at it. We muddle along and do the best we can.
While I'm all for knowing my audience, I'm the sort that isn't going to refrain from making sure my audience knows my mindset and my views as well;
One of my early supervisors observed that I "don't suffer fools gladly." I have learned along the way that if not gladly, I do sometimes need to suffer them quietly! ;)
I'll say a prayer for your situation, sister.
I'll take all the prayers I can get. Thank you for the kindness. :)

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I always feel so tired. Starting to wonder if I suffer from some mild form of sleep apnea.
I have severe sleep apnea and my CPAP isn't working. Been that way for weeks :(

Hang in there, friend.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,233,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have severe sleep apnea and my CPAP isn't working. Been that way for weeks :(

Hang in there, friend.

I suspect I have always had sleep apnea. Even when I was a kid. I would sometimes wake up gasping for air. It wasn't until a few years ago I even learned what sleep apnea is.

Sleep apnea apparently can wake you up hundreds of times a night. Might explain why some nights it feels like I have actually been awake all night. Like I have difficulty knowing if I actually slept or not. This isn't every night though.

I hope you get the CPAP issue resolved. Especially if you have severe sleep apnea. I know you know the dangers. Even I worry I might never wake up again when I go to bed.

Upvote 0