Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just the usual angst over cultural issues. Nothing special.

I don't like it. Anger induces really mean-spirited thoughts inside me. Makes one less rational, social etc. I have been trying to be less angry for a while now.. overall, I think I have improved. Sadly today, just reminded me how my mind used to be.

I'm not worried about relapsing or anything. I feel much calmer now.. and I did that all with just a little will power.
Well I’m glad you have a better handle on it now. As long as you are working on it, it should become automatic after awhile. I have been working on some issues as well.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟888,024.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have art and antiques. I usually call auctioneers for those items and donate the other stuff.
Ah I gotcha. I thought hiring private auctioneers for regular household items sounded a bit odd. :D

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,778,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah I gotcha. I thought hiring private auctioneers for regular household items sounded a bit odd. :D
Yeah I keep forgetting to explain that. I’m just used to it. :p

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,778,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not a good Sunday here. My sister is just basically gone. She barely spoke. She pretended to eat the meal I made and put it down the garbage disposal. She locked herself in the bathroom… it was awful. You could have cut the air with a knife. I’m really starting to think she is not long for this world. I’m talking to an attorney Monday. Mom wants to get her will amended. I told her we need to look into a special needs trust. She also needs to keep applying for disability. Otherwise I see her pushing a cart down the street. :(

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟53,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That on this date in 1968, Robert Kenney was shot by Sirhan Sirhan. I was to go to town with some of the family that day, but when we woke to news of the shooting, I asked to say at home and watch the coverage. I somewhat remembered JFK's assassination and was watching TV when the news broke about Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination in 1968, and wanted to see the news. I was allowed, and watched it by myself until the rest of the family returned.

That had me wondering about the day of the week. I can't remember why we were going to town, only that we were, and thought it was a weekday. There's a way of calculating the day of the week called the Doomsday Method based on the last day of February. Without going into details, February 29, 1968 fell on a Thursday, and June 6 also fell on a Thursday. That meant June 5, 1968, was on a Wednesday, just like in 2024.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,521,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's cold. I'm well and truly into the complaining-constantly-about-the-cold phase of winter. (I know those of you who live where it snows will think I'm being ridiculous; that's fine).

Meanwhile, a very busy day ahead. But I am counting down the days; I have a couple of weeks' leave starting on Tuesday.

Upvote 0