• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

[Staff Edit] Meet the RNC delegates who have adopted Trump’s bandage for their own ears

essentialsaltes

Fact-Based Lifeform
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟899,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Meet the RNC delegates who have adopted Trump’s bandage for their own ears

Inspired by Trump, they seek solidarity with him.

“It’s a new sign of unity within the party,” said Joe Neglia, a Republican delegate from Arizona who says he was the first to make an ear covering out of white paper and affix it to the side of his head. “When I saw him come out Monday night — that magical moment — I thought, ‘I have to do something,’ and this is what I could do.”

[Another AZ delegate] estimates that at least half of Arizona’s 40-plus-member delegation is now wearing bandages.
“It’s a sign of solidarity,” he said in an interview on the convention floor.

Arizona delegate Liz Harris said she went to the only Walgreens she could find open at 11 p.m. after the convention was gaveled closed for the day and bought gauze pads and surgical tape, which she proudly displayed on the floor Wednesday night.

And when she heard that some people online had referred to their trend as cultish, she scoffed.

“It’s in solidarity,” she said, echoing Berland, the Arizona delegate.

Just as Harris was saying she wished others might use her newly purchased medical supplies, fellow Arizona delegate Michael Schaffer walked up with an unadorned right ear.

“We’ve got a patient,” she said excitedly, as she began unraveling tape and ministering to his naked ear.

1721317067432.png

Last edited:

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟166,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This reminds me of when everyone on social media decided they needed to change their profile name to include the Ukrainian flag. Or when people wore masks with Fauci's face on them.

I guess the difference between "solidarity" and "cult" is in the eye of the beholder.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟314,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess the difference between "solidarity" and "cult" is in the eye of the beholder.
I think there is a common sense line that gets crossed. But we no longer have common sense.

Solidarity or cult?
1721318029038.png
1721318090337.png
1721318194140.png
1721318270534.png

What I don't get is the extremism for any political leader. I mean, come on!

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟166,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think there is a common sense line that gets crossed.

Agreed.

But we no longer have common sense.

Agreed.

Solidarity or cult?
View attachment 351823View attachment 351824View attachment 351826View attachment 351827

Weird. But some people are just very passionate. Witness football fans who paint their chests and stand in sub-zero temperatures to demonstrate their support. I mean, I like football, but I'm happy to support my team by yelling at my big screen in the family room.

But I would agree that the extremism for political candidates is very odd.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟275,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

Yep politics is a religion and really people think they will not follow and take the mark of the beast. Trump was just ear wounded and he gets this following. The beast will be killed and brought back to life, talkabout being worshiped that will do it.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟789,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Meet the RNC delegates who have adopted Trump’s bandage for their own ears

Inspired by Trump, they seek solidarity with him.

“It’s a new sign of unity within the party,” said Joe Neglia, a Republican delegate from Arizona who says he was the first to make an ear covering out of white paper and affix it to the side of his head. “When I saw him come out Monday night — that magical moment — I thought, ‘I have to do something,’ and this is what I could do.”

[Another AZ delegate] estimates that at least half of Arizona’s 40-plus-member delegation is now wearing bandages.
“It’s a sign of solidarity,” he said in an interview on the convention floor.

Arizona delegate Liz Harris said she went to the only Walgreens she could find open at 11 p.m. after the convention was gaveled closed for the day and bought gauze pads and surgical tape, which she proudly displayed on the floor Wednesday night.

And when she heard that some people online had referred to their trend as cultish, she scoffed.

“It’s in solidarity,” she said, echoing Berland, the Arizona delegate.

Just as Harris was saying she wished others might use her newly purchased medical supplies, fellow Arizona delegate Michael Schaffer walked up with an unadorned right ear.

“We’ve got a patient,” she said excitedly, as she began unraveling tape and ministering to his naked ear.

View attachment 351822
Kind of silly in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟314,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Witness football fans who paint their chests and stand in sub-zero temperatures to demonstrate their support. I mean, I like football, but I'm happy to support my team by yelling at my big screen in the family room.
But when their team does stupid things they are the first to express it. There is no denial. And yet they stay loyal. That is kind of admirable.
I am a Cleveland Brown fan. We have had some highs and lows. Anger frustration, love loyalty but another line can get crossed between fun and obsession.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,444,630.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
DJT and his followers keep comparing him to Jesus. But Jesus warned...
Luke 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟314,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DJT and his followers keep comparing him to Jesus. But Jesus warned...
Luke 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
How is such a comparison even possible? He is a scoundrel.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟55,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think there is a common sense line that gets crossed. But we no longer have common sense.

Solidarity or cult?
View attachment 351823View attachment 351824View attachment 351826View attachment 351827

Idol worship. America loves her idols. Politicians, sports stars, entertainment icons, Self, ect ect - anything or anyone other than the Living God. I'm just waiting for The Cult of the Dung Beetle to rise up...

Acts 12:21-22 NIV

"On the appointed day Herod, wearing his royal robes, sat on his throne and delivered a public address to the people. They shouted, “This is the voice of a god, not of a man.” Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.
But the word of God continued to spread and flourish."

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟613,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
At least this is less embarrassing than when they were wearing diapers in solidarity.
Yeah, this is easily one of the least cringey forms of adulation in which that crowd has engaged.

Upvote 0