• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Sabbath keeping

How are we to keep the Sabbath?

• Stop all work unless directed from God and keep from sin

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Stop from all servile work and go to church

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Something else? If so expain

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟431,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you see any difference between the OLD COVENANT and the NEW COVENANT ??

dan p
Yes it went from outward observance because we are told to. To a changed heart that does what the Lord wants because His Law, his Word is in our hearts and we do it because of who we are in and through Christ.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟431,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And in my full-time Sabbath rest in Jesus Christ, I cease from my works to save and rest in Jesus completed work which saves to the uttermost (Heb 3:7-4:11).

Sorry about that. . .

See Heb 3:7-4:11, where there is another full-time (as in God's full-time--Heb 4:3-4) Sabbath rest (Heb 4:8) remaining for the people of God (Heb 4:9); i.e., full-time rest from their own work to save and in Christ's work which saves to the uttermost (Heb 4:10).
You are not showing anything. You expressed what you feel without showing it in the passages cited.
Please follow along. There are two things being spoken of in verses 1 -11. The rest which verse one speaks.

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

And this rest is called the Gospel in verse 2

Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Please Note In verse 3 that we who do believe do enter into this Rest that is the Gospel.

Something else that verse three brings out is that the works for this rest which is the Gospel have been finished since the foundation of the world As Rev13:8 attests," the lamb slain from the foundation of the earth." And 1 Pet 1:20 affirms, "Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you."

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Verse 4 also attests that the works for this rest, which is the Gospel were finished from the foundation of the world. In that The Spirit also continues and says. " And God did rest the Seventh Day from all His works".

All includes all. And that includes all that was needed for the rest which is the Gospel. So this means that the benefits of the Gospel were available for all since the foundation of the World. Hence why Moses pleads with God that the people not be taken out of the Book of Life in Ex 32:32. And Rev 17:8 also gives us the same witness, when it says. "The book of life from the foundation of the world". And why verse 2 here in Hebrews says the Gospel was preached to them as well as us.

There is something else here that is equally important that most miss and needs noted.
First, we see that God spake in a certain place. God only spoke on the Sabbath in one location. And that location was Mt. Sinai when He spoke the commandments. When He spoke it He gave, the fact that He rested from all His works for the reason for having the Sabbath for us who call on His name. Then coupled that with Heb 4:5 addressing the fact that He is speaking this again. The statement "In this again" reverts back to the fact that He spoke of the Seventh Day in verse 4. Here in berse 5 He says, In this again he speaks of the 7th day, if they shall enter in my rest.

Two things here being mentioned not one. The Gospel rest which the previous verses bring out and speaking of the Seventh Day if they shall enter this rest which is the Gospel.

The rest mentioned here is the same rest mentioned in verses 1-4. The rest that MOST but not all Israel could not partake of due to unbelief. the Gospel Rest.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Heb 4:5-8 is also a call to repentance. As was Heb 3:6-19. The Promised land was and is a reality. However it is result and only experienced through and in God and His righteousness through His Spirit. It is a fruit of Living through God and His Christ. So let's not harden our hearts as in in the day provocation, When Israel tempted God, though they seen His works they still had an evil heart of disobedient unbelief departing from God. Sinning they grieved God and their carcasses fell in the wilderness. Heb 3:6-19 They refused His Spiritual rest in and through Him, the Gospel. So they never experienced the promised land due to their evil hearts of unbelief. For the Gospel was preached to them as well but did not profit them. Because they had no faith, they did not trust God to live in His Way through His Spirit. So today, right now let us not harden our hearts as they did. For the promised land is not Cannan. The Land flowing with milk and honey is subject to the milk and Honey of living through His Spirit, through His Christ. For if Joshua had given them this rest, which is the Gospel, by entering into the promised land, God through David would not afterward spoken of another day.

Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Heb 4:7 and 8 should be in parenthesis to avoid confusion. It is separate context that is related but not directly with what was previously stated in Heb 4:4-6. Noah Webster in his translation seen this, but took it to far and included verse 9 and 10 in his surmising. However Verse 9 picks up off the same context as verse 4- 6 where is says that he speaks again of the 7th Day if we shall enter into his rest which is the Gospel. He adds there remains a Sabbath keeping to the people of God. The fact that verse 10 starts with the word "for" adds to this fact for it says For he that entered to his rest which is the Gospel ALSO cease from their own works AS God did from His. The word "also" also shows us that the Spirit is speaking of two different things like in verse 4 and 5. So we who have enter into His rest which is the Gospel also cease from our own works as God did from His. So there would be no confusion God through the Spirit used the word "as" here. As is a direct comparison. So what is being said here is we who have entered into his rest which is the Gospel Also cease from our own works AS God did. God stop working the physical work of creating. So we who have entered in the Rest in Christ also cease from our physical work of creating as God did and rest the Seventh Day from all our works because He again speaks of it. So let us use speed to enter into the rest which is the Gospel. Living in and through God through Christ to it's fullest. Lest any of us should fall after the same example of unbelief, hardhearted sinful disobedience, departing from the living God. Amen

Heb 4:9 So, then, there remains a sabbath keeping to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he entering into his rest, he himself also rested from his works, as God had rested from His own.
Heb 4:11 Therefore, let us exert ourselves to enter into that rest, that not anyone fall in the same example of disobedience.

Although there is a scripture that says that .... we do indeed discern things according to what knowledge we have in our minds.
Truth does not change through our discernment.
In Hebrews 4, the Sabbath is raised to the very person of Christ, He is our rest every day, not just on Saturday.
Yes but not like you think
Jesus is my sabbath.
Says nowhere in Scripture.
As I follow Heb 4:8-11.
No you don't You are misrepresenting those text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟431,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The word, "trinity" is not in scripture either. But still...we know what people mean when they use the word. I think people know what I mean when I say Jesus is my sabbath. Or even better, "the gospel" is my sabbath. ;)
Nor is it attested to in Scripture. So your point isn't valid

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟431,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe you mean something different when you say "trinity". I don't really use the word, but I just assume people mean that The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one. Does scripture not teach that?
The topic in which the post you responded to was referring to, was you stating Jesus was your Sabbath. Scripture does not say that, nor does it attest to it anywhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟774,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are not showing anything. You expressed what you feel without showing it in the passages cited.
Please follow along. There are two things being spoken of in verses 1 -11. The rest which verse one speaks.

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

And this rest is called the Gospel in verse 2

Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Please Note In verse 3 that we who do believe do enter into this Rest that is the Gospel.

Something else that verse three brings out is that the works for this rest which is the Gospel have been finished since the foundation of the world As Rev13:8 attests," the lamb slain from the foundation of the earth." And 1 Pet 1:20 affirms, "Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you."

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Verse 4 also attests that the works for this rest, which is the Gospel were finished from the foundation of the world. In that The Spirit also continues and says. " And God did rest the Seventh Day from all His works".

All includes all. And that includes all that was needed for the rest which is the Gospel. So this means that the benefits of the Gospel were available for all since the foundation of the World. Hence why Moses pleads with God that the people not be taken out of the Book of Life in Ex 32:32. And Rev 17:8 also gives us the same witness, when it says. "The book of life from the foundation of the world". And why verse 2 here in Hebrews says the Gospel was preached to them as well as us.

There is something else here that is equally important that most miss and needs noted.
First, we see that God spake in a certain place. God only spoke on the Sabbath in one location. And that location was Mt. Sinai when He spoke the commandments. When He spoke it He gave, the fact that He rested from all His works for the reason for having the Sabbath for us who call on His name. Then coupled that with Heb 4:5 addressing the fact that He is speaking this again. The statement "In this again" reverts back to the fact that He spoke of the Seventh Day in verse 4. Here in berse 5 He says, In this again he speaks of the 7th day, if they shall enter in my rest.

Two things here being mentioned not one. The Gospel rest which the previous verses bring out and speaking of the Seventh Day if they shall enter this rest which is the Gospel.

The rest mentioned here is the same rest mentioned in verses 1-4. The rest that MOST but not all Israel could not partake of due to unbelief. the Gospel Rest.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Heb 4:5-8 is also a call to repentance. As was Heb 3:6-19. The Promised land was and is a reality. However it is result and only experienced through and in God and His righteousness through His Spirit. It is a fruit of Living through God and His Christ. So let's not harden our hearts as in in the day provocation, When Israel tempted God, though they seen His works they still had an evil heart of disobedient unbelief departing from God. Sinning they grieved God and their carcasses fell in the wilderness. Heb 3:6-19 They refused His Spiritual rest in and through Him,:the Gospel. So they never experienced the promised land due to their evil hearts of unbelief. For the Gospel was preached to them as well but did not profit them. Because they had no faith, they did not trust God to live in His Way through His Spirit. So today, right now let us not harden our hearts as they did. For the promised land is not Cannan. The Land flowing with milk and honey is subject to the milk and Honey of living through His Spirit, through His Christ. For if Joshua had given them this rest, which is the Gospel, by entering into the promised land, God through David would not after ward spoken of another day.

Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Heb 4:7 and 8 should be in parenthesis to avoid confusion. It is separate context that is related but not directly with what was previously stated in Heb 4:4-6. Noah Webster in his translation seen this, but took it to far and included verse 9 and 10 in his surmising. However Verse 9 picks up off the same context as verse 4- 6 where is says that he speaks again of the 7th Day if we shall enter into his rest which is the Gospel. He adds there remains a Sabbath keeping to the people of God. The fact that verse 10 starts with the word "for" adds to this fact for it says For he that entered to his rest which is the Gospel ALSO cease from their own works AS God did from His. The word "also" also shows us that the Spirit is speaking of two different things like in verse 4 and 5. So we who have enter into His rest which is the Gospel also cease from our own works as God did from His. So there would be no confusion God through the Spirit used the word "as" here. As is a direct comparison. So what is being said here is we who have entered into his rest which is the Gospel Also cease from our own works AS God did. God stop working the physical work of creating. So we who have entered in the Rest in Christ also cease from our physical work of creating as God did and rest the Seventh Day from all our works because He again speaks. So let us use speed to enter into the rest which is the Gospel. Living in and through God through Christ to it's fullest. Lest any of us should fall after the same example of unbelief, hardhearted sinful disobedience, departing from the living God. Amen

Heb 4:9 So, then, there remains a sabbath keeping to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he entering into his rest, he himself also rested from his works, as God had rested from His own.
Heb 4:11 Therefore, let us exert ourselves to enter into that rest, that not anyone fall in the same example of disobedience.

Truth does not change through our discernment.

Yes but not like you think

Says nowhere in Scripture.

No you don't You are misrepresenting those text.
It's the 4th commandment ... remember to keep it holy .... holy means separate ... separate from what? All other days.

At creation, God set aside the seventh day to be a day of holy rest and worship for His image bearers. He appointed the 7th Sabbath day to be a symbol of the promise of entering into His eternal rest in glory. Accordingly, the Sabbath command is both rooted in creation and directed to the new creation.

Jesus kept the 7th day Sabbath ... we are to walk in HIs steps ... Jesus is our example in everything ... we are being transformed back into His image. The 10 commandments describe what that image looks like.

1 John 2
3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

If Jesus had not kept the 10 commandments in their entirety He would have sinned ... and .. of course He did not. So why are we to think the 4th commandment is excluded ... it is hypocritical to say .... we should keep all the commandments (except the 4th).

Happy Sabbath everyone ... enjoy the day God created for us.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟774,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus broke it down to two commandments.
The whole law is sum up (the 10) ... commandments given in Love.

“The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”
—Matthew 22:40

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

James 2:10–12: “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.

ESV For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." NIV For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." NASB For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.

The WHOLE law ... what is the whole law? It is the whole law that is summed up.

“The whole law is fulfilled in one statement: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself. '” And our Lord echoes them both, adding love toward God: “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

If you love God ... and Jesus says ... if we love Him ... what does that look like ...

“If you love Me, keep My commandments … He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me … If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.” John 14:15-24.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟443,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Jesus During His Ministry

The law will remain unchanged until heaven and earth pass away.
  • Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
If you love Him you will keep His commandments, which John defined as the commandments of God.
  • John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
  • 1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
Even in Jesus day there were men putting tradition above the commandments of God. Today there are men putting tradition above the commandments of God.

Matthew 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?​

Jesus states in Matthew 24 that His words will remain unchanged, even beyond the passing of heaven and earth.

Matthew 24:34-35 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.​
John states that Jesus is the word made flesh. He embodies the word of God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​
Jesus states that He does His father's will, not His own. Therefore, it cannot be said that Jesus taught a separate law.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.​
From God to Jesus to John from Heaven
Revelation contains matter of fact statements concerning the commandments of God. These statements were given directly to Jesus from God the Father, and then given by Jesus to John through an angel. God the Father is the source of these statements. Notice, this is post-crucifixion, from heaven.

Revelation 1:1-2 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.​
God, through Jesus, through an angel to John, defined the saints as keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.​
God, through Jesus, through an angel to John, linked commandment keeping to access to the tree of life and the New Jerusalem.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.​

God, through Jesus, through an angel to John, described those outside the city.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.​

Note: The above list contains abominations to God and transgression of the law of God (murderers, idolaters, liars; the Ten Commandments).​
God, through Jesus, through an angel to John, cautioned against adding or taking away, citing dire consequences.

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.​
Conclusions
  • There is no possible way to say that Jesus gave a different or new set of commands, negating any commandments of God.
  • There is no possible way to say that the commandments of God were changed or done away with.
  • There is no possible way to say that Jesus is now a Sabbath rest if the commandments are binding.
  • The Sabbath commandment stands for all of mankind as it is a commandment of God.
  • The tradition of men has no authority over the commandments of Almighty God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟431,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's the 4th commandment ... remember to keep it holy .... holy means separate ... separate from what? All other days.

Thank you for responding and Happy Sabbath to you as well!

Holy does not mean as you say. Here is Strong's citation my friend. To keep the day Holy means that we are not to defile it with our sinful ways. We are not to sin period. But this day, the day that God had set apart, sanctified and blessed, a day of homage and worship even more so.

H6942 קָדַשׁ qadash (kaw-dash') v.
1. to be clean (ceremonially or morally).
2. (causatively) to make, pronounce or observe as clean (ceremonially or morally).

Curious, do you think we think differently than your post's over all premise? I hope not. If so, what is it in the post that you responded to that made you think so?
At creation, God set aside the seventh day to be a day of holy rest and worship for His image bearers. He appointed the 7th Sabbath day to be a symbol of the promise of entering into His eternal rest in glory. Accordingly, the Sabbath command is both rooted in creation and directed to the new creation.

I wouldn't argue any of that. I really like the part where you state us as image bearers.
Jesus kept the 7th day Sabbath ... we are to walk in HIs steps ... Jesus is our example in everything ... we are being transformed back into His image. The 10 commandments describe what that image looks like.

It is He that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. We are dead, but live. Yet not us but Christ lives in us. And the Life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith OF the Son of God who gave Himself for us. For we who have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. We walk in the Spirit of the life in Christ Jesus that the righteousness of the Law be fulfilled in us who walk in the Spirit. So how can we not keep the Sabbath. Faith establishes the Law, and this faith the just walk in.
1 John 2
3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

He that sins is of the Devil for the devil had sinned from the beginning. For this purpose He was manifested. To destroy the works of the devil. In this the children of God are manifested and the children of the devil. He that is born of God does not practice sin. He can not sin for they are born of God
If Jesus had not kept the 10 commandments in their entirety He would have sinned ... and .. of course He did not. So why are we to think the 4th commandment is excluded ... it is hypocritical to say .... we should keep all the commandments (except the 4th).

Happy Sabbath everyone ... enjoy the day God created for us.
Amen, But it is much broader than the Ten my friend. For God had said that His word, the Commandments AND statutes contained in the Book of the Law are in our heart and in our mouths that we do them. That is the word of faith in which we preach.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Devoted to Jesus
Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟35,220.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Okay... Then I'm hearing that seventh day observers don't have a fixed seventh day to start with. Am I understanding that right?
who are the 7 day sabbath observer?, do you mean the Jewish people, SDA denomination or any other denomination?, also pepple like myself not part of any denomination simply following the sabbath as in the 10 commandments?
My impression from Seventh-Day observers was that it was important to observe a particular seventh day. We were not to just pick one 24-hour period out of every seven 24-hour periods.
yes the bible mention a specific day and time frame like I explained quoting scripture in a previous answer to your post .
Maybe it would help our mutual understanding if I put it this way:
The sun sets in the Philippines every 24 hours
(I believe there are a lot of seventh day observers there).
12 hours before that, there was a sunset here on the east side of the USA, where I live.
There will also be a sunset where I live 12 hours after the one in the Philippines.
I understand perfectly what you mean and what you meant in previous posts and answered already
Which sunset in the USA marks the correct beginning of the seventh day? Or does it matter? Do we in the USA have a choice? Should those in the Philippines have a choice?
makes no difference where you are , just follow the sabbath command as described in the fourth commandment.
Again, I'm asking for scripture-based answers :heart:

Now, if I misunderstood the seventh Day observer position, and we can pick either sunset to use, then thanks for your input :heart:
no matter where you are in the world to observe the sabbath you follow the instruction of the fourth commandments for the time it is this;

Jewish practice follows this tradition, beginning the Sabbath at sunset on Friday and ending it at sunset on Saturday. This timing aligns with the broader biblical principle that days begin in the evening, as indicated in Genesis;

Genesis 1:5:

“God called the light ‘day,’ and the darkness he called ‘night.’ And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.”

Leaf, have answered all your questions multiple times, unless you have unrelated questions I will no longer reply to your questions on this topic.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟297,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But there is no scripture that says the Sabbath is daily in Heb 4:8-11.
Following that logic, is there a Scripture in Heb 8:4-11 that explicitly states, "The Sabbath is not daily."?
The author of Hebrews has no authority to change God’s commandments, nor would they.
"If there had been nothing wrong with that first Covenant, no place would have been sought for another" (Heb 8:7).
But God found fault with the people (whose first covenant did not have the power to remit their sin, only to cover it (Ro 4:7).
The Old Covenant is obsolete (Heb 8:13), replaced by the New Covenant in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ which has the power to remit the sin of those in the new covenant, which the first Covenant could not.
I hope and pray one day you will consider who really has the authority in the scriptures, the apostles were servants of Jesus and God- Jesus has all Authority Mat 28:18-20
Failure to believe that apostolic teaching is authoritative to the church, that to reject it is to reject Jesus, as well as to reject God (Lk 10:16) is failure to believe the teaching of Jesus Christ (Lk 10:16).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟538,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Following that logic, is there a Scripture in Heb 8:4-11 that explicitly states, "The Sabbath is not daily."?

"If there had been nothing wrong with that first Covenant, no place would have been sought for another" (Heb 8:7).
But God found fault with the people (whose first covenant did not have the power to remit their sin, only to cover it (Ro 4:7).
The Old Covenant is obsolete (Heb 8:13), replaced by the New Covenant in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ which has the power to remit the sin of those in the new covenant, which the first Covenant could not.

Failure to believe that apostolic teaching is authoritative to the church, that to reject it is to reject Jesus, as well as to reject God (Lk 10:16) is failure to believe the teaching of Jesus Christ (Lk 10:16).
Trying to make an argument about what is not written in scripture and ignoring what God personally wrote with His own finger-the seventh day is the Sabbath Exo 20:10 not a good look IMHO, but we have free will.

The fault was with the people- because they broke God’s covenant- not the covenant itself, which is why God re-wrote it in our hearts and minds Heb 8:10 and why the New Covenant is established on better promises Heb 8:6, not better laws. Hard to make something God personally wrote with His own finger-more perfect Psa 19:7 but the new covenant now has God doing, instead of us doing in our strength Exo 19:8

Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟297,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure it does, I follow Hebrews 10:1-22. There would be no need for animal sacrifices,
And I follow Heb 4:8-11, that "(an)other Sabbath-rest for the people of God" (Heb 4:8-11).

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟297,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trying to make an argument about what is not written and ignoring what God personally wrote with His own finger-the seventh day is the Sabbath Exo 20:10 not a good look.
However, I am arguing about what is written; i.e.., Heb 4:8-11--"another Sabbath rest for the people of God . .who rest from their own work" to save, and in God's full-time Sabbath rest in Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟538,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am arguing about what is written; IE., Heb 4
No, you are arguing with God. Exo 20:10 Hebrews 4:4 is referring us back to what God said Exo 20:8-11

Nothing in Hebrews says the Sabbath is daily. God already defined when is the Sabbath, His Authority is everlasting and changes not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟538,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And I follow Heb 4:8-11, that "(an)other Sabbath-rest for the people of God" (Heb 4:8-11).
The Sabbath rest is according the commandment. At least for the faithful in scripture.

Luke 23:56 Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟538,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
However, I am arguing about what is written; i.e.., Heb 4:8-11--"another Sabbath rest for the people of God . .who rest from their own work" to save, and in God's full-time Sabbath rest in Jesus Christ.
Our words are not equal to God’s Word and changing even a dot of an i comes with some consequences, so I would prayerfully consider what you are teaching others.

It doesn’t say “another” Sabbath rest

Hebrews 4:9 9 There remains therefore a (Sabbath) rest for the people of God.

sabbatismos: a sabbath rest
Original Word: σαββατισμός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: sabbatismos
Phonetic Spelling: (sab-bat-is-mos')
Definition: a sabbath rest
Usage: a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest.

The word rest here literally translates into Sabbath keeping, which remains for God’s people, because God’s people keep God’s Commandments Rev 14:12, based on God’s Authority which is everlasting. Mat 5:19 and reconciles Rev 22:14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟297,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1. There is no animal sacrifice in the Sabbath commandment - Ex 20:8-11
2. There is no animal sacrifice in Gen 2:2-3 when the Sabbath was made a holy day - according to the Sabbath commandment Ex 20:11
3. There will be no animal sacrifice for all eternity in the New Earth when "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" Is 66:23
(and no animal sacrifice mentioned even in Lev 23:3-4 for the weekly Sabbath)
Agreed. . .

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟297,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All of the bible says to follow the sabbath and not to forget it, except a few verse from Paul that seem to say something else. Do you honestly think the writings from Paul a servant, to be superior to Jesus or even GOD who wrote the 10 commandments with his Finger on Stone a PERMANENT media?
You misunderstand Scripture if you think Paul is in contradiction to God.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟972,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We have discussed this already many times cant you believe scripture? All of the bible says to follow the sabbath and not to forget it, except a few verse from Paul that seem to say something else. Do you honestly think the writings from Paul a servant, to be superior to Jesus or even GOD who wrote the 10 commandments with his Finger on Stone a PERMANENT media?
You are right about the Bible pointing to God's commandments where He Himself designated the 7th day as a day for rest and worship - applicable to all mankind according to Christ in Mark 2:27.

Paul is not in opposition to that - he affirms it.

He is asked by gentiles to schedule more gospel preaching "on the NEXT Sabbath" in Acts 13
Paul is said to preach the gospel in worship service - to both gentiles and Jews "every Sabbath" In Acts 18:4

There is not one Sabbath sermon by Paul that is of the form "please join us tomorrow for our weekly Lord's day service" etc.. when asked for more gospel preaching.

Now we here today would be glad to preach the gospel 7 days a week - but Paul is on record with "every Sabbath" gospel preaching and no emphasis at all on "weekly week day 1 events" of any kind. Certainly he would be preaching on week-day-1 and 2 and 3 ... but interesting how the NT positions the weekly Sabbath so prominently.

Paul says "what matters is keeping the commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19

=========================================

In the Bible we have

Mark 2:27 "The Sabbath was made for mankind" instead of "The Sabbath just made for Jews"
Gen 2:2-3 seventh day of creation week for Mankind (not just jews) we see the Sabbath sanctified , set apart for holy use
in Ex 20:11 the Sabbath commandment points directly at Gen 2:2-3 as its origin for mankind.
Is 66:23 "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" - -- instead of "Just Jews"
Acts 13 -- it is gentiles (not Jews) asking for more gospel preaching to be scheduled for them "on the text Sabbath"

So then not one text in all of scripture OT or NT saying
1. We gather every week day 1 - as our New Christian Sabbath, or as our Lord's day
2. We now keep the Lord's day on each week day 1
3. We consider each week-day-1 as the Lord's day
4. We do not keep Sabbath rather we keep the Lord's day each week day 1.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟972,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Okay... Then I'm hearing that seventh day observers don't have a fixed seventh day to start with. Am I understanding that right?
nope.

we have scripture.

And you??
My impression from Seventh-Day observers was that it was important to observe a particular seventh day.
Read the Sabbath commandment and tell us what you find there.
We were not to just pick one 24-hour period out of every seven 24-hour periods.
Did you ever find the Sabbath commandment of Ex 20:8-11 to say any such thing?
Maybe it would help our mutual understanding if I put it this way:
The sun sets in the Philippines every 24 hours
no doubt it does.

There are Jews and Adventists and other Sabbath keeping Christians in the Philippines as well - is that a surprise in your POV?

Upvote 0