• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Pager Explosions Injure Thousands in Lebanon and Syria - Several Killed

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟930,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So deaths have to be the same on both sides for it to be "fair"...I see.

No, you don't see because you aren't listening. I am talking about proportionality not some form of equality. What makes for a just war is debated, but proportionality in how many civilians are killed should not be excessive. I am confident at this point that Israel has no regard for how many civilians are killed in their (now multiple) wars. They don't care, and that is not good.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟335,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, that's why you don't see me or anyone else in this thread (except for you, that I've seen) say "They wouldn't have have died if Israel had left the Palestinians alone." They're children first and foremost, unless of course it befits your worldview to see them as nothing more than future combatants in your stupid religious war or otherwise pawns in your game of eschatological tiddlywinks with "the enemy" (anyone who is against Zionism, I guess).

I personally see that way of looking at things as incredibly reprehensible, but thanks for at least making it clear where you stand. (I already knew, but it's good to know that there are still new depths to which supporters of Israel can sink, in case anyone thought that the indiscriminate bombing of Gaza was it.)
Excuse me? You have no idea what you are talking about. The religious war is (jihad) is on THEIR side. THEY teach their children (at home AND in schools) to hate Jews and want to kill them. You have blinders on. The only one sinking here is YOU and your support of terrorists.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟335,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, you don't see because you aren't listening. I am talking about proportionality not some form of equality. What makes for a just war is debated, but proportionality in how many civilians are killed should not be excessive. I am confident at this point that Israel has no regard for how many civilians are killed in their (now multiple) wars. They don't care, and that is not good.
Would we have won WW1 or WW2 if we supported your views? It is silly.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟392,813.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Because it does...everything goes back to Hamas in this. You do not know that Israelis are stealing land in Gaza because it is NOT happening.
Thanks for proving my point.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟930,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Would we have won WW1 or WW2 if we supported your views? It is silly.

I am not trying to be an apologist for slaughter. Pick any example you want, I am saying the same thing. Did you not see my statement above about how we, the US, have used drones?

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟335,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for proving my point.
But I didn't...but you already knew that...

Israeli citizens are prohibited from using the Allenby/King Hussein Bridge crossing. They are also prohibited from entering Gaza. There have been NO Jews living in Gaza since 2005.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟335,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I am not an apologist for slaughter. Pick any example you want, I am saying the same thing. Did you not see my statement above about how we, the US, have used drones?
It is a war...

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟930,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is a war...

Yes, and we can fight them as humans or beasts. We can fight them with as much justice as possible or by just embracing evil. We can talk about righteousness and goodness all day long, but if we can't do it when things get hard, it's just a bunch of words. Those who support Israel primarily for religious reasons should think long and hard about this because God is no respecter of persons. Just read the Hebrew prophets. God does not wink at injustice no matter who carries it out. Israel should know this.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟335,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yes, and we can fight them as humans or beasts. We can fight them with as much justice as possible or by just embracing evil. We can talk about righteousness and goodness all day long, but if we can't do it when things get hard, it's just a bunch of words. Those who support Israel primarily for religious reasons should think long and hard about this because God is no respecter of persons. Just read the Hebrew prophets. God does not wink at injustice no matter who carries it out. Israel should know this.
Tell them that. Someone once said "if Hamas gave up its guns, there would be no more war. If Israel gave up its guns, there would be no more Israel."

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟458,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Excuse me? You have no idea what you are talking about. The religious war is (jihad) is on THEIR side. THEY teach their children (at home AND in schools) to hate Jews and want to kill them. You have blinders on. The only one sinking here is YOU and your support of terrorists.

Show where I supported terrorists.

Because I can very easily show where you said "she would still be alive if Hezbollah hadn't" blahblahblah about an 8 year old girl who was murdered by the Mossad's actions.

Just because you are too motivated by your own biases to see both sides as equally deserving to live without the threat of being indiscriminately murdered for being Israeli or Arab doesn't mean that everyone who is not blindly supporting Israel is somehow in favor of Hezbollah, or Hamas, or whoever the non-Jewish boogeyman will be tomorrow. I don't live in Israel/Palestine or Lebanon, and I'm not going to take sides when both have their share of murderous butchers. I'm on the side of the Christians only, because they're predictably the only ones who get the short shrift no matter who "wins" the latest iteration of this pointless, stupid conflict.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟930,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tell them that. Someone once said "if Hamas gave up its guns, there would be no more war. If Israel gave up its guns, there would be no more Israel."

I get it. Both sides of this have been doing horrible things for over a century. We need a two-state resolution, 1967 boundaries.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟132,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well no that is what YOU are doing using UNWRA as a source when it is WELL known they work with the terrorists. The UN constantly goes after Israel and says nothing regarding Hamas or Hezbollah or Lebanon or...
I already answered your question...
Where did you answer my question i.e. what actual words in which post? Or better to save time simply answer yes or no to this post. Why is that too hard?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟335,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Because I can very easily show where you said "she would still be alive if Hezbollah hadn't" blahblahblah about an 8 year old girl who was murdered by the Mossad's actions.

Just because you are too motivated by your own biases to see both sides as equally deserving to live without the threat of being indiscriminately murdered for being Israeli or Arab doesn't mean that everyone who is not blindly supporting Israel is somehow in favor of Hezbollah, or Hamas, or whoever the non-Jewish boogeyman will be tomorrow. I don't live in Israel/Palestine or Lebanon, and I'm not going to take sides when both have their share of murderous butchers. I'm on the side of the Christians only, because they're predictably the only ones who get the short shrift no matter who "wins" the latest iteration of this pointless, stupid conflict.
You really do not understand these simple concepts. However, I never said that I did not see both sides as deserving to live. What I said was they would ALL still be alive if Hezbollah and Hamas would stop their constant aggression toward Israel. Pretty simple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟335,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Where did you answer my question i.e. what actual words in which post? Or better to save time simply answer yes or no to this post. Why is that too hard?
Go back and read what I wrote or is that too hard?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟335,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We need a two-state resolution, 1967 boundaries.
NO WAY! That would just keep this conflict going. I don't think you understand the Jihadi Islamic mindset in this conflict...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟335,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yes or no is not difficult. Oh and try reading all your posts in this thread and ask yourself how you come across - irrationally angry and confrontational.
reading is fundamental... I don't care how I "come across" when I am speaking truth.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟1,029,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

You're correct and it's a mess. I was watching a decode last night and the name Pegasus was mentioned. The hosts did some digging and discovered a company by that name related to this incident. I'll include the information below. The fact they were able to do this should lead a reasonably minded person to realize the same could happen with a phone and raise concerns. But as usual folly's voice is loudest.

As for your other point, the church gives Israel carte blanche to do as they wish in the region with little pushback or complaint as does our government. Both are complicit for different reasons.

What is NSO Group?

It's an Israel-based company that licenses surveillance software to government agencies. The company says its Pegasus software provides a valuable service because encryption technology has allowed criminals and terrorists to go "dark." The software runs secretly on smartphones, shedding light on what their owners are doing. Other companies provide similar software.

What is Pegasus?

Pegasus is NSO's best-known product. It can be installed remotely without a surveillance target ever having to open a document or website link, according to The Washington Post. Pegasus reveals all to the NSO customers who control it — text messages, photos, emails, videos, contact lists — and can record phone calls. It can also secretly turn on a phone's microphone and cameras to create new recordings, The Washington Post said.

~bella

Upvote 0