• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Pager Explosions Injure Thousands in Lebanon and Syria - Several Killed

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟235,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I do understand the issue between Ukraine and Gaza. Why do we support Israel and not Ukraine. Here's how I feel about that.
The Ukraine does not have the same relationship t6o Putin and Russia, that Israel has to Palestinians.
I don't support any country invading another unless the country being invaded has been attacking the other.
This what happened to Israel. In the 67 war, and now..
This is what's happened in Gaza. (Except Gaza isn't really a country, but they have been attacking Israel for years).
From what I understand, Gaza was land left to Palestinian Arabs living in PALESTINE when Israel won the war in 1967. Jew's were at one time also called Palestinians as well. It was the name of the land They lived on.
Russia should be stopped from invading Ukraine.
I do not know what all the Issue is, but it has to do with Putin allowing them separation, as a buffer from what I understand. As long as they did not join Nato, it was ok. That is the limit of my understanding. Different situation from Israel and Gaza all together.
In both cases it's up to the world to come to the defense of any country being invaded by another.
The Arab nations Attacked Israel in 1967. They did not want them in the land (Origianally Jewish land) Since then the arabs have softened, but The Palestinians want all the land back they were living in until they lost it in the war.
It's not up to the US to police the world alone. Unless it's a specific ally with which we have an obligation to assist. If the world gets together and wants to pitch in to defend Ukraine then I'm in too.
And That is IMO, what they are doing right now holding Israel back in the warfare.
If the world wants to defend Gaza then we'd have to weigh in on the ally issue before we jumped in, but in this case Israel is specifically attacking due to the decades long attacks against her. In essence she's defending herself from attacks.
From a people that refuse to be peaceful. They want Israel to not exist.
It need not have anything to do with SCRIPTURE or anything other than worldly knowledge of what is right IMO.

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟132,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A forgotten (in the west) fact of history which is never mentioned in the current conflict:
Lebanon’s first World War famine: ‘People turned their face and blocked their ears’

Lebanon’s first World War famine: ‘People turned their face and blocked their ears​

Death figures for the famine range from 80,000 to more than 200,000 (about 20-50 per cent of Lebanon’s 1914 population). “Evading the Ottoman census was a proud tradition for people across the region,” Brand explains to The Irish Times, so attempting to estimate death figures based on census data is “meaningless” because of how unreliable it is. But even if the lower estimate is accurate, the famine in Lebanon would, on a per capita basis, be “one of the worst disasters in the 20th century”, says Brand, and involve a higher percentage of the population dying than in the Ethiopian famine from 1983-1985 or the Indian famine from 1943-1944.
Lebanon’s latest economic crisis has pushed 80 per cent of the population below the poverty line
The region’s food supplies were strangled in 1914 by a coastal blockade enforced by the Allied powers that prevented port cities from trading cash crops such as silk and tobacco for much-needed food; while a land blockade imposed by the Ottomans to prevent smuggling in the mountain areas pushed food prices higher and encouraged corruption. Unemployment spiralled and a swarm of locusts in 1915 destroyed many crops in the region.
So the Lebanese civilians were caught between a rock and a hard place. It seems like history is repeating itself with many Lebanese civilians being killed in Israel's attempts to kill a Hezbollah leader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0