Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I sure hope everyone with no investments is looking forward to this great year.

I do have investments and I think everyone should. I have a retirement account I've spent the last fifteen years building up, and I wish I had started a long time before.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Happy New Year to everybody and if things go like they did this year we will receive a 13th retirement check where I retired from thank you president trump.

My 401k did about 47% last year but -13% in 2018. Let's hope 2020 is more like 2019 and not like 2018.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I do have investments and I think everyone should. I have a retirement account I've spent the last fifteen years building up, and I wish I had started a long time before.

That’s all well and good if you have the means but when you are scraping paycheck to paycheck to keep a roof over your head, investments aren’t in the cards and strong markets mean very little to you if not insulting when a presidential candidate talks about how great the market is while you are still scraping paycheck to paycheck to keep a roof over your head.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That’s all well and good if you have the means but when you are scraping paycheck to paycheck to keep a roof over your head, investments aren’t in the cards and strong markets mean very little to you if not insulting when a presidential candidate talks about how great the market is while you are still scraping paycheck to paycheck to keep a roof over your head.

I have scraped by paycheck to paycheck for a goodly portion of my life.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I have scraped by paycheck to paycheck for a goodly portion of my life.

I’m sure that contributed to why you feel you are behind on your retirement savings. Nothing wrong with it but the markets mean next to nothing to someone without investments. It indirectly helps in giving you a better chance to find a job if you need one but if you have a steady one a Dow Jones at 19,000 and a Dow Jones at 25,000 are of a no consequence to you.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I’m sure that contributed to why you feel you are behind on your retirement savings. Nothing wrong with it but the markets mean next to nothing to someone without investments. It indirectly helps in giving you a better chance to find a job if you need one but if you have a steady one a Dow Jones at 19,000 and a Dow Jones at 25,000 are of a no consequence to you.

When the stock market is up there is investment income available for businesses to expand. When businesses expand it creates jobs. Jobs for everyone.

Trust me. Stock market highs are a sign of a strong economy. A strong economy helps everyone.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
When the stock market is up there is investment income available for businesses to expand. When businesses expand it creates jobs. Jobs for everyone.

Trust me. Stock market highs are a sign of a strong economy. A strong economy helps everyone.

Like I said, if you need a job it helps. If you have a stable job but still are lucky to make ends meet and have no investments the rising Dow Jones isn’t going to show up in your pocketbook.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yup, the theory is that the gains to rich will trickle down to the poor. This theory has been disproved many times over the decades.

How many jobs were created, with and without the trillion dollar tax gift to the rich? The job growth after the tax cut wasn't any better than before, or under Obama.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the markets mean next to nothing to someone without investments.

It indirectly helps in giving you a better chance to find a job if you need one but if you have a steady one a Dow Jones at 19,000 and a Dow Jones at 25,000 are of a no consequence to you.

Means the economy is doing good.
Which is better for everyone.
Even the ones who don't invest.
Although they might not know it.
M-Bob

Upvote 0