• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Last movie you watched (10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟26,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kelly's Heros
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Garage Days (2002)

Sex, Drugs & Rock N Roll in the life of a small Sydney band trying to make it big. 4th time that I've watched this film from director Alex Proyas (Dark City, The Crow and later I, Robot to name a few of his.) If I wasn't a Christian, Garage Days would be one of my favorite movies. My main fascination is the fact it's a Sydney movie and I love Aussie films. Unfortunately there's objectionable material about every 3 or 4 minutes which is so conflicting as a Christian . . . I mean, I don't let it negatively affect my life but I know I shouldn't be watching that stuff. As a former non-Christian, though, I can fairly easily tolerate all that garbage in a movie and appreciate what else a flick has to offer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Lion King... makes me wanna be a dad :)

The Lion King is coming to blu-ray this fall for those interested :)

Just finished watching a History Channel documentary about Greek mythology after I had watched Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief on HBO tonight. I was inspired! I love the Greek myths and stories based around them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Knight and Day (2010) starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. I love spy films, especially 007 films, so I have a high regard for this genre. Tom Cruise is no Sean Connery, Cruise isn't even a late 007 Roger Moore. Matt Damon comes off as a good spy in the Jason Bourne movies, but I don't think Cruise's talents stretch that far.

Oh, and this movie is so predictable! :doh: Also, why do movies always have to focus on "good guys"? Often times in real life the "bad guys" win, and we need more spy movies to reflect that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just finished watching Dorian Gray (2009), which is an adaptation of an Oscar Wilde novel. I really enjoyed this film, and Colin Firth is an amazing actor :thumbsup: Fiona Shaw, who is best known as the aunt in the Harry Potter films, also plays a small role in the film. I always enjoy seeing not-so-famous thespians show up in films unexpectedly. Though I enjoyed this film immensely I still find The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945), which in one of Angela Lansbury's first films, a better film adaptation. Two great movies to watch on a spooky October night :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟26,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Body And Soul (1947)

Outstanding film. John Garfield was nominated for Best Actor and he deserved every bit of that nomination. I wasn't super-excited to watch this as I'm not a big fan of John Garfield, nor am I a huge fan of boxing movies, but this one ranks up there as one of the very 2 or 3 best ever.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.