• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Last movie you watched (10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All of the movies that I have watched since Tangled have been first time viewings.

The movie that started the above trend for me the last few weeks has ended it. I watched Tangled again tonight, and this time hubby joined me :kiss: We both enjoyed this movie :thumbsup:

Then we started to watch The Simpsons Movie, but got tired and went to bed. I'll probably finish watching it late, then it's Gnomeo and Juliet again for tonight's movie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟26,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Above Suspicion (1943)

Fred MacMurray and Joan Crawford get recruited on their wedding night to be spies in Nazi Germany on their honeymoon. Perhaps a little implausible but there's intrigue everywhere.

People who wrote negative reviews for this are entitled to their opinion but they're nuts! This is great WWII anti-Nazi entertainment. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟118,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Above Suspicion (1943)

Fred MacMurray and Joan Crawford get recruited on their wedding night to be spies in Nazi Germany on their honeymoon. Perhaps a little implausible but there's intrigue everywhere.

People who wrote negative reviews for this are entitled to their opinion but they're nuts! This is great WWII anti-Nazi entertainment.
I missed this one. :( I watched Night Train to Munich (very good, I really enjoyed it), but wasn't feeling well and went to bed, thus missing Above Suspicion. I knew I'd be sorry if I went to bed. :doh:

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just finished watching Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996). I think the animators definately got inspiration from the 1939 version starring Charles Laughton. Disney's Quasimodo looked very similar to Laughton's, and some scenes were exactly the same. However, if you don't want to be let down by Disney's version then don't view the Laughton version beforehand. Disney's version is okay, but strays from the novel and has forgettable songs.

Hubby and I also watched Gnomeo and Juliet. I love that film!!!!!

Reactions: Zoooma
Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Beauty and the Beast
I couldn’t believe this was on the Disney Channel (since Disney only seems to like things with teen pop idols now). It’s without a doubt the greatest animated movie of all time.
Great film! :thumbsup: If you have a blu-ray player then get the blu-ray before it goes back into the "Disney vault". The blu-ray has a pristine, crisp picture quality to it, and is light years ahead of the old DVD version. The blu-ray is very impressive.

Now back to our regulary scheduled thread :p

Upvote 0

Zoooma

Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟26,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Great film! :thumbsup: If you have a blu-ray player then get the blu-ray before it goes back into the "Disney vault". The blu-ray has a pristine, crisp picture quality to it, and is light years ahead of the old DVD version. The blu-ray is very impressive.
While Blu-Ray might be very impressive, I think VHS quality should be good enough for Christians who wish to spend money on things that actually benefit their fellow man. While I love to watch movies, life shouldn't be about self but I feel that's exactly what collecting something is. I just don't think that having an awesome personal Blu-Ray/DVD collection is something worth striving for when children in this world don't even have clean water to drink. A child will die while I type this out and somehow owning a Blu-Ray movie is more important than that? It saddens me to no end to think that is actually true for a lot of people. As much as I love movies, I know that I'd rather live in poverty (as I do now) while giving away most of my extra money to help others in need than own a single film. It's just not worth a child's life.

Beauty and the Beast

It’s without a doubt the greatest animated movie of all time.
One list I saw has it at #1.
Top 50 on Rotten Tomatoes has it at 24.
Another list has it at 3.
Another Top 25 list does not even have it at all.

"without a doubt" is immensely debatable and incredibly subjective. It's art, after all. It can't be judged like a timed event -- whoever finishes fastest is the greatest. What's "greatest" when it comes to art is totally personal. Unless you go by Box Office receipts, there really isn't a way to determine it's actually better than Rescuers Down Under, for example.

If Beauty & The Beast is your Number 1, that's cool, I respect that. :thumbsup:
(Though I don't know how it could be better than The Simpsons Movie!)
But hands down, without a doubt, absolutely the greatest ever? No way, José.

Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0

Zoooma

Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟26,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
West Of The Divide (1934)

John Wayne B-western. Not one of the better ones and the title has zero to even do with the movie.
Still better than watching 95% of what passes for television these days!
And certainly better than watching no movie at all!

Upvote 0

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟36,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
"without a doubt" is immensely debatable and incredibly subjective.
Of course. :) I meant it's without a doubt the greatest animated movie in my mind, not necessarily everyone elses. Sometimes I have a hard time picking between which movies I like better, but with Beauty and the Beast, I had no difficulty in coming to that decision. That's all I meant (though I know there are plenty who agree with me, some who would say it's one of thier favorite movies period).

Reactions: Zoooma
Upvote 0

Zoooma

Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟26,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course. :) I meant it's without a doubt the greatest animated movie in my mind, not necessarily everyone elses. Sometimes I have a hard time picking between which movies I like better, but with Beauty and the Beast, I had no difficulty in coming to that decision. That's all I meant (though I know there are plenty who agree with me, some who would say it's one of thier favorite movies period).
Ahhhhh. Gotchya! Sounds good to me, man! :thumbsup:

(My vote still goes to Rescuers Down Under! LOL)

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Krull (1983) ~ well, was a blast back waaaaay into my youth! An 80's movie complete with cheesy sets, specials effects, and music LOL ^_^ The supporting cast includes Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid from Harry Potter), and Liam Neeson. Not the best film I've seen from this decade though much better than Moonraker.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.