• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Kamala Harris slammed for deploying a ‘fake accent’ in Detroit speech

Can you spot the difference?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,315,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Vice President Kamala Harris was accused Monday of using a “fake accent” in her remarks to teachers union members in Michigan.

Harris, speaking at a Detroit high school, appeared to alter her tone of voice in moments where she became particularly animated and when interacting with supporters in the crowd.

She made a similar speech to union workers in Pittsburgh.

See if you can spot the difference: Clicky

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Vice President Kamala Harris was accused Monday of using a “fake accent” in her remarks to teachers union members in Michigan.

Harris, speaking at a Detroit high school, appeared to alter her tone of voice in moments where she became particularly animated and when interacting with supporters in the crowd.

Candidate campaigns wrong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't understand the question.

Can you spot the difference?
Yes, I first saw this occur about fifty years ago when I accompanied my friend into his house.
This is normal.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟912,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yeah, there's a difference. Who knows? Maybe she was just getting into her groove. Maybe she was "code switching." Who cares? Let's see what happens after four years.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,315,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I first saw this occur about fifty years ago when I accompanied my friend into his house.
This is normal.
Is putting on a fake persona normal?

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟912,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you suggesting that she wasn't speaking English in Michigan?

Lol. No, why would you think that? If anything, she was speaking "Detroit." When in Detroit...

But, truly, it doesn't bother me. In fact, she reminds me of a preacher. Preachers will often have a cadence that isn't like their every-day speech. Is it helpful, annoying, or disingenuous? Sure. I don't care. But I do think it helps to point out that this doesn't matter.

Besides, we will have more data after four years. We have plenty of time to worry about inessentials later.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,315,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Lol. No, why would you think that? If anything, she was speaking "Detroit." When in Detroit...

But, truly, it doesn't bother me. In fact, she reminds me of a preacher. Preachers will often have a cadence that isn't like their every-day speech. Is it helpful, annoying, or disingenuous? Sure. I don't care.. But I do think it helps to point out that this doesn't matter.

Besides, we will have more data after four years. We have plenty of time to worry about inessentials later.
I like it when people are genuine. I think that it's better just to be yourself.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟912,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like it when people are genuine. I think that it's better just to be yourself.

Who's saying she's being disingenuous? Maybe she felt every bit of it in the depth of her bones. I know people who can spend five minutes among those with an "accent" and immediately start sounding that way. Humans are like that. What if she was talking to these folks and got inspired and then started riffing, sounding like them? Is it goofy? Sure. Is it disingenuous? Not necessarily. So, how are you to know if she is being genuine or not? Well, you don't know. I don't think we know her well enough to say, but I have a suspicion she will probably be around long enough for us to find out.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,315,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Who's saying she's being disingenuous?
I spent a great deal of my life in an area that was 90% African American. I could have faked it better than that.

I wouldn't dare. It's disingenuous. I would rather be respected for who I am.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟912,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I spent a great deal of my life in an area that was 90% African American. I could have faked it better than that.

I wouldn't dare. It's disingenuous. I would rather be respected for who I am.

Okay, well that's great. I don't see how that has any bearing on much of anything. People are different. However, if your complaint is that she is not like you, then that does make things interesting.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,025,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny and gross at the same time.

The VP has a history of changing her tune to different audiences​

"All of politics is a performance to Kamala Harris," GOP strategist Matt Whitlock said. "She changes fake accents like she changes policy positions and political personas. Today she’s talking in a fake southern accent, pretending to be a moderate. Next week she’ll be back to San Francisco liberal."

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Funny and gross at the same time.

The VP has a history of changing her tune to different audiences​

"All of politics is a performance to Kamala Harris," GOP strategist Matt Whitlock said. "She changes fake accents like she changes policy positions and political personas. Today she’s talking in a fake southern accent, pretending to be a moderate. Next week she’ll be back to San Francisco liberal."

She’s no “Mitt Romney” on the flip-flop scale but her having an “inside-voice” is like unto complaining the sky is the wrong shade of blue.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,315,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟912,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟912,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She made herself look inauthentic. No amount of apologetics or denial can change that.

I guess it would matter that she "made herself look inauthentic" if her competition wasn't a horrible human. But he is, so who cares? Let's not act like personality is what people care about here.

Upvote 0