Inherit the kingdom. Is that about "going to heaven" or something else?

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'd commented in another thread that Jesus and His disciples weren't warning about "hell" in their teaching - I'd said most of what we read in the New Testament are warnings about the coming destruction of Jerusalem. This was a response that I wanted to discuss in this thread (as it was a bit of a departure from the original thread).

Rev 21:7-8 refutes your supposition: "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

This same truth is outlined in Matthew 25:31-34, 41, 46 where Jesus alludes to the very same concluding day, saying, When the son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: and before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world … then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels … and these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.”

The sheep “inherit the kingdom” (Matthew 25:34) and “life eternal” (Matthew 25:46) whereas the goats are cast “into everlasting fire” (Matthew 25:41) and receive “everlasting punishment” (Matthew 25:46).

The Coming of Christ is not to high-five sin and mollycoddle sinners. It is to judge sinners and banish sin from the earth forever. He is not coming to save sinners but judge them. Premil ushers countless mortal rebels unto the new earth, but Scripture shows they are all totally destroyed. The new earth is incorrupt! Only the incorrupt can possess it. Your argument conflicts with clear and repeated Scripture.

1 Corinthians 15:50 clearly states, “flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” This reading makes plain, “flesh and blood” or mortal believers cannot inherit a glorified earth that has been purified by fire of every last vestige of the curse. Man in his sinful corruptible state cannot inherit an incorruptible regenerated earth. Nothing could be plainer. The “unrighteous shall not inherit” this “kingdom” (1 Corinthians 6:9).

Psalms 37:9-11 says, "For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."

Here "evildoers" and "the wicked" are synonymous titles that refer to the unrighteous whereas the designations "those that wait upon the LORD" and "the meek" refer to the righteous. The meek are the glorified believers. They are the antithesis of the wicked. Can you not see that? There are only ever 2 peoples.

Last edited:

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
One article I've found on the sheep and goats:

Quoting a New Day Dawning:
Jesus begins this sermon called the Olivet discourse in chapter 23 where he scolds the religious leaders as the Great Prophet and predicts their demise for murdering the saints, and thereby, he says, incurring the self-inflicted wrath of Rome.

Matthew 23:34, Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

At the disciples request, he explains to them that the temple will be destroyed, that there will be persecution which they must endure until the end when he comes in the clouds with judgment. He also tells them what kind of signs will precede this event so that they can be fully aware and alert for this event so as to flee the city when the Romans march toward it.

One argument raised against Matthew 25's sheep and goats story is that it is a different event, but remember there are no chapter headings. This is one unified sermon filled with various illustrations to impact them regarding its fulfillment.

While many scholars admit that Matthew 24 is a description of the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70, Matthew 25 presents us with the language of delay, therefore we are told it is an end of the world scenario instead. But the problem of delay is no problem at all actually. The bridegroom's delay isn't eternal, nor is it 2000 years. Rather he came to THEM in the midnight hour. So too the servants who were given the talents were confronted with the master returning after a long time, but it was to the SAME servants, i.e., in their lifetime. ~ Men Who Stare at (Sheep) and Goats: Is This Judgment Past? — A New Day Dawning

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One article I've found on the sheep and goats:

Quoting a New Day Dawning:
Jesus begins this sermon called the Olivet discourse in chapter 23 where he scolds the religious leaders as the Great Prophet and predicts their demise for murdering the saints, and thereby, he says, incurring the self-inflicted wrath of Rome.

Matthew 23:34, Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

At the disciples request, he explains to them that the temple will be destroyed, that there will be persecution which they must endure until the end when he comes in the clouds with judgment. He also tells them what kind of signs will precede this event so that they can be fully aware and alert for this event so as to flee the city when the Romans march toward it.

One argument raised against Matthew 25's sheep and goats story is that it is a different event, but remember there are no chapter headings. This is one unified sermon filled with various illustrations to impact them regarding its fulfillment.

While many scholars admit that Matthew 24 is a description of the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70, Matthew 25 presents us with the language of delay, therefore we are told it is an end of the world scenario instead. But the problem of delay is no problem at all actually. The bridegroom's delay isn't eternal, nor is it 2000 years. Rather he came to THEM in the midnight hour. So too the servants who were given the talents were confronted with the master returning after a long time, but it was to the SAME servants, i.e., in their lifetime. ~ Men Who Stare at (Sheep) and Goats: Is This Judgment Past? — A New Day Dawning

Inheriting the kingdom is something one does once Christ has returned, as illustrated in the sheep and goats judgment, for one.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

None of this has a thing to do with the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. Nor does any of it have a thing to do with anyone going to heaven. Clearly Christ would be physically present on the earth as of Matthew 25:31, and that Revelation 21:2 indicates that the holy city, new Jerusalem, comes down from God out of heaven, therefore making the dwelling place of men, not in heaven but on the earth in the NJ, since the NJ will no longer be in heaven, but will be on the earth. In my view, the NJ is the inherited kingdom in question.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Inheriting the kingdom is something one does once Christ has returned
But Jesus had said the Kingdom was already there - during His first advent:

Luke 17:20-21 ~ When asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The kingdom of God will not come with observable signs. You won’t be able to say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God is already among you.”

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The whole issue of "hell" really goes back to what we believe about WHY Jesus came and died on the cross in the first place. In another thread, someone just shared this theory of atonement (but most people have only heard of Penal Substitutionary Atonement Theory):

The recapitulation theory of the atonement is a doctrine in Christian theology related to the meaning and effect of the death of Jesus Christ.

While it is sometimes absent from summaries of atonement theories,[1] more comprehensive overviews of the history of the atonement doctrine typically include a section about the “recapitulation” view of the atonement, which was first clearly formulated by Irenaeus of Lyons.[2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9]

One of the main New Testament scriptures upon which this view is based states: "[God's purpose is, in] the fulness of the times, to sum up all things in Christ, the things in the heavens, and the things upon the earth..." (Ephesians 1:10, RV). The Greek word for 'sum up' was literally rendered 'to recapitulate' in Latin.[10]

In the recapitulation view of the atonement, Christ is seen as the new Adam who succeeds where Adam failed.[11] Christ undoes the wrong that Adam did and, because of his union with humanity, leads humankind on to eternal life (including moral perfection).[12]

Through man’s disobedience the process of the evolution of the human race went wrong, and the course of its wrongness could neither be halted nor reversed by any human means. But in Jesus Christ the whole course of human evolution was perfectly carried out and realised in obedience to the purpose of God.

William Barclay[13]​

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
From Ray Vander Laan's study of The Gates of Hell:
images

Jesus spoke of “Hades,” not hell (the KJV is mistaken). In the New Testament, the writers borrow “Hades” from Greek mythology to refer to what the Old Testament calls “Sheol.” “Sheol” refers to the grave or, metaphorically, where the dead exist. In Greek thought, Hades is whether the dead exist. The Greeks considered the righteous dead to be in the Fields of Elysium or Elysian Fields, a paradise that is in Hades. The unrighteous dead dwell in Tartarus, a part of Hades where the dead suffer torment. Therefore, “Hades” is neither a good place nor a bad place, just the place where the dead are.

Hence, the most literal intepretation of the “Gates of Hades” would be the gates of the grave, that is, Christ’s church will rescue souls from the grave. And if we properly understand our eschatology (the study of last things), this makes sense. The promise of Rev 21-22 is that we’ll exist in the New Earth with God in a re-formed earth without night or death. The saved will never die again — we’ll be rescued from the grave, receiving a bodily resurrection. We considered this in detail in the Surprised by Hope series.

And while this is a very appealing interpretation, it doesn’t deal with the fact that Jesus chose to make this announcement at Caesarea Philippi, a place containing a grotto known as the “gates of Hades.” As Vander Laan points out, the pagans saw the springs as welling up from deep within the earth and thus from Hades. They saw the cave from which the spring flowed as literally a gateway into the underworld.

If Jesus meant by “gates of Hades” this very place where he stood, well, he meant that his church would offensively challenge the very heart of paganism and conquer it. And as a matter of fact, it happened. There aren’t many Pan worshipers left. Notwithstanding the Da Vinci Code, fertility rites are largely forgotten. inappropriate behavior with animals is considered perversion, not worship, even today.

In either case, gates of Hades” plainly refers to the mission of the church to be on the offense, to confront and defeat the false claims of paganism and to even defeat death. Plainly, Jesus is not calling us to hunker down and defend. ~ Faith Lessons by Ray Vander Laan: The Gates of Hell

• Informative
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 21

Quoting from a partial preterist's page - Adam Maarschalk:
Verses 6-7: The text here reads, “And he said to me, ‘It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be His God and he will be My son.’” Is this a present reality, or a future reality to be experienced in the eternal state? Steve Gregg reminds us (p. 491):

[T]he promise, I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts (v. 6), is clearly the same as that made twice by Jesus in John’s Gospel (cf. John 4:10, 14; 7:37f). Also, the phrase He who overcomes (v. 7) is characteristic of the phraseology in the promises made by Christ in the letters to the seven churches (cf. 2:7, 11, 17, 26; 3:5, 12, 21).

The one who overcomes receives this promise: “and I will be His God and he will be my son.” A similar promise is given in II Corinthians 6:18, a passage speaking of the Church as the temple of the living God. There we read: “and I will be a Father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty.” This present position as God’s children is also spoken of in Romans 8:15-17. Kenneth Gentry, in his latest book “Navigating the Book of Revelation,” adds:

John is encouraging the beleaguered first century saints to hold on through their trials: Once Jerusalem falls, they will complete their entry into the final redemptive-historical order which has been gradually dawning since the time of Christ (John 4:21-23). As the writer of Hebrews puts it: Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe” (Heb. 12:28 NIV; cf. Heb. 8:13). Or as Paul expresses it in the mid-50s: “And this do, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed. The night is almost gone, and the day is at hand. Let us therefore lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light” (Rom. 13:11-12) – a reality worthy of enduring persecution.

Jesus promises His disciples that some of them will live to see the kingdom’s final establishment in power: “Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who shall not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power” (Mark 9:1). Thus in Revelation 21 John paints nascent, post-A.D. 70 Christianity – now finally separated from Judaism – in glowing terms, as a firmly established, glorious reality (p. 167).

Verse 8: This verse reads, “But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake of fire that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Steve Gregg notes that many scholars have equated “the cowardly” with apostates “who defect from the gospel rather than enduring hardship as good soldiers of Jesus Christ,” in contrast to those “who overcome” (v. 7).

We also saw a reference to the lake of fire and the second death in Revelation 20:14, with regard to the Great White Throne Judgment. This is where, according to that passage, death and Hades was to be thrown, along with anyone whose name was not found in the book of life (Rev. 20:15).[1]

Steve Gregg makes a very interesting observation at this point. Speaking of the preceding 8 verses in relation to the rest of the final two chapters, he observes (p. 492):

One way of understanding the structure of these final chapters is to see this whole segment (vv. 1-8) as an outline or summary of the remaining portion of the book. A remarkable correspondence exists between the progression of thought in these first verses and in the remaining chapters.

~ Revelation Chapter 21 (Part 2: Verses 5-27)

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Luke 17:20-21 ~ When asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The kingdom of God will not come with observable signs. You won’t be able to say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God is already among you.”

What about the following then?

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luke 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Why is one passage saying the kingdom of God is at hand, while the other one is saying it's nigh at hand? Does at hand and nigh at hand mean the same thing? Chronologically speaking, surely Luke 21:31 is meaning chronologically after Mark 1:15.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

First Jesus said to enter the kingdom one must first be born again. There are many aspects to the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven ( they are the same ) according to Jesus.

Matthew 19:23-26
And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.24 Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.25 When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, “Then who can be saved?”26 And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

The fulfillment of that kingdom happens after the saints have been resurrected and the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven where we will forever be with Him as we read in Revelation 21:2 below:

And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What about the following then?

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luke 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Why is one passage saying the kingdom of God is at hand, while the other one is saying it's nigh at hand? Does at hand and nigh at hand mean the same thing? Chronologically speaking, surely Luke 21:31 is meaning chronologically after Mark 1:15.
Because there was a nexus of events that fulfilled the "coming of the Son of Man" to David's throne. Following God in faith was possible from the very beginning (Abraham is even credited as the "Father of the faithful" in Romans 4:16) so I don't believe it was necessary to wait for ALL to be complete in order to have "inherited the Kingdom".

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Hillsage @FineLinen @Shrewd Manager and @Saint Steven , as always, I'd love to get your input.
Thanks for thinking of us. I'll weigh in (as the lightweight) and let others follow.
I'd commented in another thread that Jesus and His disciples weren't warning about "hell" in their teaching - I'd said most of what we read in the New Testament are warnings about the coming destruction of Jerusalem. This was a response that I wanted to discuss in this thread (as it was a bit of a departure from the original thread).
Well, I would certainly agree that there are warnings. (see more scripture below) And most translations use the unfortunate word "hell". (but that's another topic)

The corrective and purifying judgment of the afterlife will not be pleasant. (as I understand it) The weeping and gnashing of teeth still applies. However, I believe it is neither pointless nor endless. All of creation will be restored. Everything and everyone. All will be put right again.

Mark 9:43, 45
If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. ...
45 And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Hillsage @FineLinen @Shrewd Manager and @Saint Steven , as always, I'd love to get your input.
I didn't really address the topic title question: "Inherit the kingdom. Is that about "going to heaven" or something else?"

In short, I think the kingdom is a right-now thing. There is more to inherit later, but all believers are members/subjects of God's kingdom in the here and now. We are to be on kingdom business. Like being ambassadors, imploring people on his behalf, to be reconciled to God.

Matthew 12:27-28
And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Luke 16:16
“The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

2 Corinthians 5:20
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There it is right there.
"... For the Kingdom of God is already among you." - Luke 17:21

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for thinking of me. I only have a couple things to throw in the pot.

First thing; I don’t think the kingdom of God and kingdom of heaven are the same. And my reason for believing that is the very verses given to prove they were. Assuming proximity of both in context means equality of both doesn’t make sense. That’s like saying the thoughts and intents of the heart are the same in Heb 4:12 IMO. And it’s their closeness to being the same which is the very point being made in scripture I think. Plus reading those verses in a better translation paints a difference even the shallow minded translators couldn’t accept.

Young’s Literal Translation Matt 19:23-25 and Jesus said to his disciples, `Verily I say to you, that hardly shall a rich man enter into the reign of the heavens;(Plural in Greek)
24and again I say to you, it is easier for a camel through the eye of a needle to go, than for a rich man to enter into the reign of God.';

I think it also helps to understand that ‘the kingdom of God’ is the realm God reigns over and ‘the kingdom of the heaven’ are the spiritual realms He rules from. That brings a depth of understanding to the verses that obviously has eluded most IMO.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mark 9:43, 45
If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. ...
45 And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.
I've heard it said that what Jesus spoke of in Luke 16:19-31 .. is not real but rather just a story, a morality lesson. But what Jesus said in Mark 9:43, 45 makes what Jesus said in Luke to be true.
Be it called hell, hades, or sheol or something else.. it's a place of unquenchable, unending fire and torment. It's a place beyond the grave where the dead, out of their bodies exist in awareness of their punishment of a wrong way of life that they lived on the earth.

The terribleness of hell demonstrates the depth of God's love in sending His dearly beloved Son to take our place as the Lamb of God to take our sins upon Himself so that those who believe in Him can be saved from the result of their sins.. the torments of hell.. and instead have eternal life through Jesus Christ and be with God in heaven, even as Jesus is.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've heard it said that what Jesus spoke of in Luke 16:19-31 .. is not real but rather just a story, a morality lesson. But what Jesus said in Mark 9:43, 45 makes what Jesus said in Luke to be true.
Be it called hell, hades, or sheol or something else.. it's a place of unquenchable, unending fire and torment. It's a place beyond the grave where the dead, out of their bodies exist in awareness of their punishment of a wrong way of life that they lived on the earth.

The terribleness of hell demonstrates the depth of God's love in sending His dearly beloved Son to take our place as the Lamb of God to take our sins upon Himself so that those who believe in Him can be saved from the result of their sins.. the torments of hell.. and instead have eternal life through Jesus Christ and be with God in heaven, even as Jesus is.
Are you aware of the three doctrinal views of the final judgment?
- Damnationism
- Annihilationism
- Universalism

Two of them deny the unending aspect. And one of them claims the "torment" is curative rather than punitive, leading to restoration rather than meaningless eternal torture.

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins,
and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

• Winner
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

In English translations about five Greek and Hebrew words are rendered "Hell"; when they should have been translated to," grave, tomb or rubbish tip". When the scriptures mention fire and brimstone they almost always refer the event of Sodom and Gomora metaphorically; volcanic eruption. What REV 21:7,8 says is that fire and brimstone is the second death; from elsewhere the second death is defined as "unable to be resurrected", as the individual has no history, no presence and no future, ones name is removed from the book of life.

Upvote 0