• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

if not Biden then who

Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
but would Harris be a good choice if she has worse ratings than he does? In particular, sense she has been defending him up and down would she take the job without being forced to do so?
A dead Harris would be better than Trump.

Ratings are meaningless. Alan Lichtman knows this.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟984,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

a person cannot run the country dead so I am unsure what that means?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟1,029,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You mean if they ran president and vice president as you mentioned them as a duo?

Yes. They're well known and younger and we have a precedent on experience with Trump. He wasn't a politician.

~bella

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟984,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It means exactly what it means. And yes, dead people have won elections.
but have dead people won elections when it is well-known they are dead? It is one thing for someone to win an election shortly after passing unexpectly it is another thing for people to vote for someone they know to have been deceased before the election. Again, a dead person run if they win cannot run the country.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
but have dead people won elections when it is well-known they are dead? It is one thing for someone to win an election shortly after passing unexpectly it is another thing for people to vote for someone hey know to have been deceased before he election. Again, a dead person rven if they win cannot run the country.
Take a minute to see past the literal words and understand what is meant when somebody says they would vote for a dead person over a disgraced criminal candidate. Maybe this would help. I would rather vote for Mickey Mouse over Trump.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟116,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Andy Beshears. Onlyq Democratic official in Kentucky. 46. 65% approval rating.
Independents will love him. Young, honest, likeable, able to work with both sides.
Everything the felon is not.
I could even consider Beshears, and even if not, I don't think he's part of the "fundamental transformation" (read: destruction) the Obama's are so fond of.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟63,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This late in the game if Biden either steps aside or the convention chooses someone else who would it be? I know that it would be Harris for the remainer of this term should it happen between now and Nov. 5th, but what about to replace him on the ballot?
Sadly, for this independent, the media won't show anyone else. I would like to see more on the debate stage.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟590,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A big issue is the money Biden/Harris have collected for reelection will not be transferable to others. They could transfer $2000 of the 91 million they have on hand. But if Harris stayed in, she can use it all.
Couldn’t the president just invoke his “immunity” and say it’s for the good of the country to transfer all campaign funds to a new candidate? Maybe democrats should wise up and start playing by the GOPs made up rules.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Couldn’t the president just invoke his “immunity” and say it’s for the good of the country to transfer all campaign funds to a new candidate? Maybe democrats should wise up and start playing by the GOPs made up rules.
Indeed. The president is no longer beholden to laws when he is now above the law.

I say he declare his opponent an enemy of the state and have him tossed in prison, then cancel the election and become a dictator on the last day.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟590,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Indeed. The president is no longer beholden to laws when he is now above the law.

I say he declare his opponent an enemy of the state and have him tossed in prison, then cancel the election and become a dictator on the last day.
He only needs to be a dictator for just one day -his last day in office.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian (Taking a break from CF)
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟365,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Harris is the obvious replacement choice, if the president decided not to run for a second term. I'd vote for her.

As to guessing who would be the most popular among independents, Democrats unhappy with Biden, and Republicans unhappy with Trump -- I don't know how to play that guessing game. It's a weird world we're in, when the question is "Who's more popular than Trump?" rather than "Whose policies and qualifications do I like best?"

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,213,300.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a weird world we're in, when the question is "Who's more popular than Trump?" rather than "Whose policies and qualifications do I like best?"
Yes it is. When danger looms so menacingly you must think of defeating the threat as America's top priority.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟819,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

INHO a dead monkey would be better than Biden and have more energy and cognitive ability.

How does either sentiment help the discussion?

• Agree
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟219,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When you say no one really likes that option are you meaning the convention or the voters? Harris has awful ratings herself and so would they want to have someone who has ratings worse than the one they already have?
If we're entertaining this notion, then you should be aware that Harris polls a couple points higher than Biden; very close to Trump and within the margin of error.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟188,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but have dead people won elections when it is well-known they are dead? It is one thing for someone to win an election shortly after passing unexpectly it is another thing for people to vote for someone they know to have been deceased before the election. Again, a dead person run if they win cannot run the country.
Oh, dead people have won elections when it was known they were dead. People voted for them anyway if they don't like their opponent, presumably on the theory that since a dead person can't serve, they'll just have another election and they can vote for someone they like more. Voting for them isn't specifically voting for the dead person so much as it is voting "do the election over".

This article gives several examples:

Upvote 0