Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand this, but we have to look at this objectively.

The students are camping out at these colleges, against college campus rules, in order to make demands of these colleges, refusing to allow normal campus life until their demands are met. This is what terrorists do... They make life for normal people hell until their demands are met.

Good lord, what a disingenuous take.

Most terrorists also wear pants. Does wearing pants make somebody a terrorist?

These protesters were not “making life hell.” They were camping and, at worst, being a nuisance. Terrorists do not “make life hell.” They threaten violence.

I would have expected a bit more nuance from somebody who claims to have been married to a former terrorist. Or was your ex not really a terrorist? Maybe he just liked to complain at city council meetings, which is kind of the same thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are quite mistaken. I'm still advocating for peace. This time in the Middle East, not Southeast Asia.

If you wanted peace, real peace which I do, you would not be trying to give Hamas the advantage.

All a cease fire does is benefit Hamas and keep generational war going, and that's what needs to end.

Let Israel go in and clean out Hamas and see if through the Abraham Accords we can't do a good 2 state solution.

Hamas is against this. They want the generational war because it benefits them.

Yasser Arafat died sitting on billions... It's a big money making scheme this politics of victimhood... Arafat's Billions (CBS link) and these people don't do anything for Palestinians.

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟968,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you wanted peace, real peace which I do, you would not be trying to give Hamas the advantage.

Nonsense. Not wanting to see children starving, maimed, and homeless in Gaza is not trying to give Hamas the advantage.

• Love
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense. Not wanting to see children starving, maimed, and homeless in Gaza is not trying to give Hamas the advantage.
But not wanting to see that and then ending the fight against Hamas gives Hamas the advantage.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟266,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

All a cease fire does is benefit Hamas and keep generational war going, and that's what needs to end.

Let Israel go in and clean out Hamas and see if through the Abraham Accords we can't do a good 2 state solution.

Hamas is against this. They want the generational war because it benefits them.

Yasser Arafat died sitting on billions... It's a big money making scheme this politics of victimhood... Arafat's Billions (CBS link) and these people don't do anything for Palestinians.

How many dead Palestinian children have to be piled up before your bloodlust is satisfied?

What benefits Hamas the most is Israel turning themselves into an international pariah. Which is exactly what is happening with Israel’s flippant attitude toward the death of thousands of civilian Palestinians. They’re alienating their allies and getting charged with genocide. If this keeps up, no one is going to come to their aid when the Arab world comes after them.

Netanyahu will end up with more Jewish blood on his hands than Hitler because this would absolutely be his doing. The real antisemites are those egging on more Israeli violent aggression against civilians because it is going to spell Israel’s doom.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟968,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But not wanting to see that and then ending the fight against Hamas gives Hamas the advantage.

Do you realize how absurd that statement is? Can you envision the headline on Fox News: "Hamas Gains Advantage Over Israel from Peace Wish of Guy in U.S. Midwest!" ^_^

In any case, I am willing to risk it. Somebody kinda famous once said, "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God."

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't like Illinois Nazis, but they have the right to march in Skokie or Texas.
Yes, as long as they don't block access to buildings or block streets or attack Jews or refuse to comply with police orders.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you realize how absurd that statement is? Can you envision the headline on Fox News: "Hamas Gains Advantage Over Israel from Peace Wish of Guy in U.S. Midwest!" ^_^

In any case, I am willing to risk it. Somebody kinda famous once said, "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God."
Someone famous also said "I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you".
So maybe blessing Hamas and cursing Israel is not the thing to be doing.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How many dead Palestinian children have to be piled up before your bloodlust is satisfied?

What benefits Hamas the most is Israel turning themselves into an international pariah. Which is exactly what is happening with Israel’s flippant attitude toward the death of thousands of civilian Palestinians. They’re alienating their allies and getting charged with genocide. If this keeps up, no one is going to come to their aid when the Arab world comes after them.

Netanyahu will end up with more Jewish blood on his hands than Hitler because this would absolutely be his doing. The real antisemites are those egging on more Israeli violent aggression against civilians because it is going to spell Israel’s doom.
Hamas continues and will continue to kill more Palestinian children until Hamas is eliminated.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Okay..... Let's try it this way.

Do you think Israel has the right to exist?

Because Hamas is fighting to rid the land there of Israel the state, and Jews the people.

The wars go this way if you haven't noticed. Hamas or whoever is in charge at the time fires rocket after rocket into Israel at civilian targets until they can manage to ramp things up enough to get Israel to respond then due to the use of human shields children get killed, put on the news, then the international community puts pressure on Israel to stop defending itself so they stop. The terrorists stay in power and everything returns to the status quo of firing rocket after rocket at Israeli civilians.

(Head's up: Hamas doesn't recognize any Israeli as a civilian since military service is required)

Been going on every single day of my life, and I'm a grandmother now with my oldest granddaughter a teenager already.

This started in my grandparents generation, around the time my parents were first born (all of them are dead now)...

Have there been wrongs on both sides? Absolutely...

But in the end, I don't think fighting for the land is worth it. It's bloodshed upon bloodshed when instead we could have already implemented a two state - which is already the defacto case for decades, it's just not official.

Every single time the international community stops Israel from taking the terrorists out of power all it does is ensure another generation will be born, live and die in a war zone...

I'd rather have peace.

I'm all for humanitarian aid, but Hamas doesn't care about anyone... They are already trying to stop the building of the pier and threatening the US over trying to provide their people aid. It's utterly ridiculous they would rather have war...

But they aren't there fighting for a two state solution, they want one state called Palestine that Muslims rule according to Sharia law. (Not that the name would be kept).

You need to decide whether by your actions your pushing for Hamas to retain power or whether you stand for peace.

Because there's never going to be peace if Hamas retains power, and they aren't going peacefully.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟4,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Hamas and, before them, the PLO as well as the PLA as well as Hezbollah has been physically attacking and killing Israelis and Jews for more than a few decades. I don't know why it appears that you believe that Israel is as bad as the PLO, the PLA, Iran, Hezbollah, and Hamas.
I'm am Israeli Jew and I also think Israel are committing war crimes. Israel has been illegally occupying Palestine for 70 years while keeping them in an open air prison. Netanyahu and his gaggle of extremists have flat out said many times they wanted to drive the Palestinians put and siege the land. This is called ethnic cleansing.

Regardless of what tactics the hamas thugs are employing, Israel isn't remotely trying to preserve civilian lives. Many IDF are on film laughing about killing families and other atrocities. They just found a mass grave with people's hands zip tied.

Aside from the fact that purposely starving people and collective punishment are war crimes, those tactics also controvine Jewish law on war. Ironic considering these ultra Orthodox psychopaths are the most likely to throw stones on Shabbat.

That's the truth, so I guess this orthodox Jewish girl is now also an anti-semite.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Netanyahu and his gaggle of extremists have flat out said many times they wanted to drive the Palestinians put and siege the land. This is called ethnic cleansing.

No, what he is saying is that after this, he doesn't want a self determining Palestinian state. Gaza last elected a terrorist organization to govern... Let's get real, it's not a good sign.

He is suggesting Jordan and other Arab nations to handle governing what is currently considered Palestine last I heard, though Mosab Yousef has suggested Israel simply govern the land themselves (I don't believe that's workable, it will need to be Arabs).

It's an extreme position perhaps - but what do you do with a citizenry who all believe you don't have a right to live in the land next door, if the right to live at all.

I don't know myself, I'm still for a self determining Palestinian state, but I also agree that first there needs to be a way to have an Arab interim government that isn't extremist who can help to gather a sense of order and normalcy back to Palestinian life, and help them to make a sensible governance that will prosper them.

There has to be a way to calm the extremism down, and teach a more moderate Islam than is currently on menu there.

There's work being done on this front and some hope in the Abraham Accords, which are miraculously holding.

But I've never heard Netanyahu or anyone else call for the death of all Palestinians... Ever.

Catching some of what someone says without understanding the fullness of the situation that is being discussed is not the way to understand what is really happening, you have to listen to entire speeches and then research and research until you are sure you grasp the entirety of what is being discussed.

I understand it feels great to support people in need, but Palestinians need to be rid of Hamas and extremism before they can truly be helped on a positive path to self governance.

But I would also agree with you, if it [extremism] can never be rooted out in the Palestinian areas one of the 2 sides will end up all dead.

Our goal is to prevent this... But you can't prevent that by supporting Hamas and supporting or promoting policies that help to keep Hamas in power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What, I pointed and let them show themselves for who they are. I never suggested they shouldn't be able to be jerks in public. Quite the opposite. (One murderous jerk aside.)

Neo-Nazis Mask Up to Trot Through Charleston, WV

Members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front flew upside down U.S. flags and chanted in unison as they paraded downtown.

The white supremacist group Patriot Front unboxed their U-Hauls and marched through the streets of Charleston, West Virginia, on Saturday in a demonstration timed to coincide with an anti-racism 5k race.

Observers on social media quickly noted the absence of a police presence around the neo-Nazis’ flash demonstration. While some video showed police vehicles trailing the parade from a distance, that appeared to be the extent of officers’ interaction with them

The neo-Nazi march came just days after Donald Trump attempted to downplaythe 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, which killed a counter protester, calling it a “peanut” compared to the campus protests.

Amy Godwin, the Charleston mayor, said city officials “acted quickly” to keep the community safe and warned against platforming the white supremacists. [must.... not.... mention.... Hitler....]

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Neo-Nazis Mask Up to Trot Through Charleston, WV

Members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front flew upside down U.S. flags and chanted in unison as they paraded downtown.

The white supremacist group Patriot Front unboxed their U-Hauls and marched through the streets of Charleston, West Virginia, on Saturday in a demonstration timed to coincide with an anti-racism 5k race.

Observers on social media quickly noted the absence of a police presence around the neo-Nazis’ flash demonstration. While some video showed police vehicles trailing the parade from a distance, that appeared to be the extent of officers’ interaction with them

The neo-Nazi march came just days after Donald Trump attempted to downplaythe 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, which killed a counter protester, calling it a “peanut” compared to the campus protests.

Amy Godwin, the Charleston mayor, said city officials “acted quickly” to keep the community safe and warned against platforming the white supremacists. [must.... not.... mention.... Hitler....]
Would such a group normally hide their faces?

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Patriot front always does.

It's because what they support and promote is evil and they know being recognized publicly as members would cost them jobs, reputation and prospects..

The terrorists on college campuses are doing the same because they are openly supporting Hamas, a terrorist organization. Can't get a security clearance after that.

Evil knows it has to hide.

It's good to bring light...

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟305,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟305,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I understand this, but we have to look at this objectively.
I wish I could describe the rest of your post as objective, but I can't.
The students are camping out at these colleges, against college campus rules, in order to make demands of these colleges, refusing to allow normal campus life until their demands are met. This is what terrorists do... They make life for normal people hell until their demands are met.
Occupying a lawn (even illegally) is not terrorism. Terrorism is about using violence to create terror. When you use important terms like terrorism so poorly it drops your credibility.
These protestors demand divestment because they claim Gazan citizens are under Israeli control, which they aren't.
Despite the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Gaza, Israel still controlled all entry into Gaza from outside, etc., including naval blockade. The protesters also are bothered by the way West Bank Palestinians are treated by the government of Israel.
They are under Hamas control, which the Gazan people voted for, well over a decade after Hamas became internationally recognized as a terrorist organization.
Hamas won a multi-party election more than a decade ago in Gaza and prevents further elections from occurring. It is not clear how Gazans would vote now (or in Sept of last year before the war started.)
Israel has nothing to do with their day to day lives and hasn't in a very very long time. What Palestinians have is their own area to live in and rule.
This just isn't true. The Palestinian territories are fairly small and many Palestinians work in Israel and more would if the restrictions on their travel and commerce weren't so restricted by Israel. Unlike Cuba which can't do commerce with the US, other commerce into and out of Cuba occurs. This is not the case in Gaza where Israel controlled *ALL* commerce across the border.
If Palestinians need to go to a better hospital than theirs, or go to work somewhere other than where they live,
they don't have to go to Israel, they can go to the Arab nations they border - Egypt and Jordan..
Israel controls the borders of the Palestinian territories. It's not that simple.
Hamas also didn't have to shoot at the UN and Israeli delegation who were seeking to inspect the location for the pier being built for humanitarian aid, (not Israeli military forces) and have promised to attack any US service personnel if they try building the pier or try bringing aid.

"A Hamas official told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the militant group will resist any foreign military presence involved with the port project"

They specifically pointed to the US (also known as the great Satan because of our decadence and homosexuality) so the BBC are telling the British they will probably get handed the port headache.

And certainly Hamas didn't have to kill most of the hostages. Apparently Hamas themselves believe only about 40 hostages can still be found alive, out of the 132 they have or had hostage after the prisoner swap (hostages for convicted criminals).

(Because of the way Hamas holds hostages they currently are not sure how many may eventually be found... But they think there's a possibility most have now been murdered by Hamas counterparts)

So... We have a terrorist organization that fights out of Palestinian schools

Using people, women and children because they have the most traumatic effect for the camera and make excellent propaganda pawns, as human shields.

Hamas has declared publicly that they will never stop fighting until every Jew is dead and Israel the nation completely dissolved.

That's the goal, stated multiple multiple times since Oct. 7, not that anyone cares to listen to the very group they are supporting.

So basically what these kids are doing is attempting to provide material support for a terrorist organization, an organization that does more harm to the Palestinians than Israel ever even thought about.

As much as you might find it distasteful, when people declare war on you - which Hamas did on Oct.7 against Israel - you fight them until they are not able to fight you anymore.
None of this has to do with Abbott or the protests in Texas.
And civilians die in these scenarios. There's been what, 700,000 dead in Ukraine....
There aren't 700,000 dead in Ukraine, even if you include all of the dead Russians. For civilians in Ukraine it is not even close to that number.
Yet no one is holding universities hostage over that...
No one is holding any universities "hostage" over Gaza either.
As the Bible says, there a time for everything, which sadly includes war because people sin against other people.
[Nitwit professor removed.]

• Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0