• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

God vs Satan

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟92,182.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you discussed the evidence for a globe earth with him?

Many times, he believes the earth rotates & it orbits the sun & the evidence is in the stars as he says that had once spotted Saturn with it's rings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟35,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many times, he believes the earth rotates & it orbits the sun & the evidence is in the stars as he says that had once spotted Saturn with it's rings.
I’ve seen Saturn’s rings myself through my brother’s telescope. It’s a beautiful sight.

I don’t think you would ever convince your husband that the earth is flat because it contradicts what he sees with his own eyes.

This is why I say that a flat earth does not fit with the evidence. Amateur astronomers are fascinated with the night sky and love to learn everything they can about what they observe. And they confirm for themselves that the earth is a rotating globe through those observations. It’s not some indoctrination that they’ve imbibed and are deluded. It’s real evidence.

As soon as a flat earth model is introduced, it effectively tells them that they are not seeing what they are seeing. It would be like telling you that what you see out your window is only a picture on a tv screen and not real. It makes absolutely no sense.

If you want to know the truth about the shape of the earth, then the evidence seen by people like your husband has to be treated objectively and tested. And it is not beyond ordinary people to be able to do that. If amateur astronomers are lying or are indoctrinated, it’s easily checked by observation. And observations will show they are neither of those things.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟43,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0