• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Do you believe in the continuation of speaking in tongues and the manifestation of spiritual gifts?

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟396,409.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this is a huge list but in deep spiritual pray warrior warfare and intercessory prayer we like to call out things by name and take authority over it in Jesus Name. Also, some spiritual things may require pray and fasting. But when you fast, pray as often as you can and read the word everyday. Otherwise, it is just a poor diet. From this list of possible spiritual attacks, pick out the ones that you are experiencing and in prayer I'll rebuke them all. If it's everyone, which I really hope not, because I wouldn't want anyone to go through that much pain in their heart. If it were tho I would rebuke them all night if need be. Forgive the way the table below looks copying and pasting from my software didn't work so well.

Fear​
Paralyzes and hinders faith​
Doubt​
Erodes trust in God's promises​
Discouragement​
Saps motivation and hope​
Anxiety​
Overwhelms with worry and stress​
Temptation​
Entices towards sin​
Depression​
Leads to a deep sense of hopelessness​
Anger​
Causes destructive outbursts and strained relationships​
Bitterness​
Takes root and grows, affecting outlook and interactions​
Pride​
Leads to self-centeredness and a fall from grace​
Unforgiveness​
Blocks the flow of God's grace and mercy​
Spiritual dryness​
Results in a feeling of distance from God​
Confusion​
Clouds judgment and leads to poor decisions​
Rebellion​
Manifests as resistance to God's authority​
Lust​
Drives harmful desires and actions​
Greed​
Drives harmful desires and actions​
Idolatry​
Places anything above God in priority​
Deception​
Misleads and traps​
Isolation​
Leads to loneliness and vulnerability​
Hopelessness​
Makes it hard to see a way forward​
Addiction​
Enslaves and destroys lives​
Unbelief​
Blocks the reception of God's truths​
Sickness​
Attacks the body, causing physical and spiritual distress​
Envy​
Breeds resentment towards others​
Strife​
Leads to division and conflict​
Unresolved conflicts​
Disrupts peace and harmony within the believer's life​

Unforgiveness being allowed to remain will hinder the process of gaining territory spiritually.

Sometimes these more fundamental issues need to be addressed first.

In the Name of Jesus is not a magic formula to proclaim, it is a positional statement, a clean vessel is required first.

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟313,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the end, it's a great litmus test for those who believe the Bible and those who don't. Cessation is NOT biblical. There is not 1 single verse in context that supports cessation. Even, "soft cessation" the belief that the gifts haven't officially ceased, but God just doesn't do that anymore is simply justifying having the same unbelief as the Galileans that Jesus couldn't minister to.

I'm not condemning those who struggle with their belief, but those who actively hold unbiblical cessation philosophies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟523,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In the end, it's a great litmus test for those who believe the Bible and those who don't. Cessation is NOT biblical. There is not 1 single verse in context that supports cessation. Even, "soft cessation" the belief that the gifts haven't officially ceased, but God just doesn't do that anymore is simply justifying having the same unbelief as the Galileans that Jesus couldn't minister to.

I'm not condemning those who struggle with their belief, but those who actively hold unbiblical cessation philosophies.
So you are actually saying that you 'condemn' those who believe in cessationism?

1st of all, I know of no cessationists that post regularly in this forum.

But ... where do any of us get the right to judge ... 'condemn' ... others for their beliefs?

Do you not know, that all that we have received, has been received from God?

We would be nothing without Him.
We would be nothing without the revelation He gives to us.

Faith is not a work of our own.
Faith is a gift from God.

God does not give us the right to 'condemn' others.

And for any of us to 'condemn' anyone for where they are in their walk with God ... is pride.

... Just sayin'

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟72,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most are, it seems. Ask as many as you like (I asked many in person and on the forums, years ago, and unexpectedly to me at the time most refuse to believe or to obey God).
But ... where do any of us get the right to judge ... 'condemn' ... others for their beliefs?
Jesus says "they are condemned already for their unbelief" ..... (people still living, walking the earth all around us - they do not have to wait to be condemned)

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟72,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
a clean vessel is required first.
This specifically, in particularly, was revealed in the last day or two as I was praying.

The buildings where people may meet often are occupied by unclean , unrepentant, sinful sexually and mentally and greedy people who continue unrepentent daily and with encouragement to sin instead of admonishment to stop sinning and sin no more !?

I remembered this "Purify yourselves as He is Pure" and with many other instructions God's Message(s) that is seemingly always daily ignored by multitudes with no thoughts of turning to God.

And they wonder if they think at all about this, why God does not move in our/their midst - ... ... ...

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟313,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you are actually saying that you 'condemn' those who believe in cessationism?

Do you not know, that all that we have received, has been received from God?

We would be nothing without Him.
We would be nothing without the revelation He gives to us.

Faith is not a work of our own.
Faith is a gift from God.

God does not give us the right to 'condemn' others.

And for any of us to 'condemn' anyone for where they are in their walk with God ... is pride.

... Just sayin'
I guess it depends on what you mean by "condemn." I think it's possible to be a cessationist and enter the Kingdom. It's not possible to believe the Bible and be a cessationist. A cessationist literally has to refute the text of the Bible, and most of them do so, militantly. We are called to contend for the faith. Cessationists have no hesitation to contend against the faith. Again, I have read the the arguments for decades and there is not 1 single scripture in favor of cessation. The position is dishonest at best.

I'm not going to violate the rules by naming the cessationist who comes to the Spirit-filled forum with a faith identifier that he admits he doesn't believe, just to harass those of us who belong here, or to try to call him to repentance of his untruthfulness, so if you dispute that such a person exists that is your prerogative. I will say that I am not the only one who has noticed. I think it's valuable to let people with legitimate questions understand that not everyone advising them is who they are pretending to be.

You can accuse me of pride all you like. I have little of it in the way I think you mean it, but far too much in the way that matters most. Ironically, it's that very type of pride that cessationists require. Without an active Holy Spirit we are left to do it ourselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟72,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I also find it amazing that I have to defend my defense of continuation of the the gifts on the Spriti-filled/Pentecostal forum.
It is amazing to me that you think you have to.

Simply always tell the truth as God has Revealed , as God Directs.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟72,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Without an active Holy Spirit we are left to do it ourselves.
Or rather, as His sheep, let's follow Jesus in pure gentle wisdom , in green pastures and still waters, as Jesus nurtures us and keeps us safe from the enemy,
Jesus says in Hebrews 13:5 and other, that Jesus never, no not ever, not at all , leaves us as orphans and helpless.
I.e. like /as/ Jesus lived, we are to live, not trying "to do anything ourselves", but only always as He guides us.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟313,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Or rather, as His sheep, let's follow Jesus in pure gentle wisdom , in green pastures and still waters, as Jesus nurtures us and keeps us safe from the enemy,
Jesus says in Hebrews 13:5 and other, that Jesus never, no not ever, not at all , leaves us as orphans and helpless.
I.e. like /as/ Jesus lived, we are to live, not trying "to do anything ourselves", but only always as He guides us.
Not sure you followed what I was saying. We can't do any of that if the Holy Spirit is on extended vacation.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟72,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not sure you followed what I was saying. We can't do any of that if the Holy Spirit is on extended vacation.
Notice what Jesus says: I (Jesus) will never, ever, never leave you nor forsake you.
Jesus says "MY sheep, HEAR MY VOICE, and follow ME"....

thus to avoid quicksand, false gospels, mistakes, errors,
remain in Jesus today, always....

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟313,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is amazing to me that you think you have to.

Simply always tell the truth as God has Revealed , as God Directs.
Since there are people on this forum who have admitted to not believing what they claim to believe and who sow discouragement, and there are also people on here with honest questions, I don't want to leave those with questions thinking that the answers from the pretenders are actual scripture. Then I seem to get accused of judging.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟313,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do find it frustrating that we always seem to have resident pretenders here. The guidelines do seem to encourage that. The dishonest people can claim a belief system that they don't really have and the honest people wouldn't dare do so, but the honest ones can't challenge the icons. Kind of the faith version of gender identity, I guess.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟72,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
New visitors and new members may usually not recognize this: the forum is open and encourages pretending , pretenders, foreigners outside of Christ to post, daily, frequently, much more often than "the honest ones" referred to here.

I do find it frustrating that we always seem to have resident pretenders here. The guidelines do seem to encourage that. The dishonest people can claim a belief system that they don't really have and the honest people wouldn't dare do so, but the honest ones can't challenge the icons.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟396,409.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This specifically, in particularly, was revealed in the last day or two as I was praying.

The buildings where people may meet often are occupied by unclean , unrepentant, sinful sexually and mentally and greedy people who continue unrepentent daily and with encouragement to sin instead of admonishment to stop sinning and sin no more !?

I remembered this "Purify yourselves as He is Pure" and with many other instructions God's Message(s) that is seemingly always daily ignored by multitudes with no thoughts of turning to God.

And they wonder if they think at all about this, why God does not move in our/their midst - ... ... ...

Some even claim He is moving in their midst...

Real revival is associated with deep repentance.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟396,409.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have always felt that cessation theology was developed to account for the lack of evidence of God moving in a Church that is disempowered.

A return to First Love is needed - then He shows up in power.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟72,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have always felt that cessation theology was developed to account for the lack of evidence of God moving in a Church that is disempowered.

Wherever two or more pure disciples are together, seeking always and talking with and about Jesus, Jesus is well able, His Hand is not short,
to do what Jesus did throughout all Scripture,
ever since the first century when He walked on earth.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟187,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Wherever two or more pure disciples are together, seeking always and talking with and about Jesus, Jesus is well able, His Hand is not short,
to do what Jesus did throughout all Scripture,
ever since the first century when He walked on earth.

You two need a dose of reality.

If all that was needed for the greater gifts to operate was two Christians to come together in fellowship, with a great love for Jesus,.... then we should see the gifts of healings, working of miracles, and the gift of faith operate almost every Sunday at church.

Well guess what,.... they don't.

It just a little more complicated than that.

The greater gifts of healings didn't start operating for Jesus until He was anointed by The Father after His temptations and The Holy Spirit came to rest upon Him,...

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

You want to see the greater gifts operate in your life? Well it starts with a wilderness and functions with holiness, just like Jesus.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0