• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

7 year old with guns

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟213,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I was seven years old, we were informed that a rapist was going after babysitters. We were in a dangerous violent neighborhood. We had firearms loaded in every room. I heard someone who broke into our home. I sit in the hall where I can see the armed invader.

I have given him a verbal warning. He pointed his gun in my direction. I pulled both triggers on my shotgun, killing him. Our Babysitter woke up, turned on the lights to the hallway to see what happened. She went back into the guest room and called the Police. No one was prosecuted because it was self defense and protecting everyone in the home.

The Police and School provided me with Counselling.

A year ladder, someone broke in coming thru the Kitchen window. I used my Mother's hair spray and a lighter to set him on fire. The Police showed up to arrest him and laughed like crazy.

Within the same year, three armed men broke in. This time, I had my 30-30 Winchester. I learned from the Police not to have a warning. This time I laid at the top of our closed in stairway. I waited for all three to be in the stairway and opened fire killing all three.

Over the years, there was several armed invasions, some we had multiple shooters.

What advice would you have a family in that neighborhood?

We were not born again back then.

• Prayers
Reactions: Darktriad
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟397,989.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My advice would be to move out of that neighborhood to a safe one. I'm not going to say it's wrong to use a weapon against an armed home invader (Exodus 22:2-3), but if the armed home invaders keep coming, then get out of there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟248,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A year ladder, someone broke in coming thru the Kitchen window. I used my Mother's hair spray and a lighter to set him on fire. The Police showed up to arrest him and laughed like crazy.
You were an extraordinarily resourceful 8 year old.
Within the same year, three armed men broke in. This time, I had my 30-30 Winchester. I learned from the Police not to have a warning. This time I laid at the top of our closed in stairway. I waited for all three to be in the stairway and opened fire killing all three.
I don't think I could work a Model 94 that fast.
Over the years, there was several armed invasions, some we had multiple shooters.
Crikey, I've lived in what I thought were rough neighborhoods, but yours makes them look like Beverly Hills in conparison.
What advice would you have a family in that neighborhood?
Move pretty much anywhere else.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟326,106.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My advice would be to move out of that neighborhood to a safe one. I'm not going to say it's wrong to use a weapon against an armed home invader (Exodus 22:2-3), but if the armed home invaders keep coming, then get out of there.

My advice to anyone giving that advice:

If you're giving advice to someone to move to a safer neighborhood, You must also be prepared to help them financially.

I think most who lives in a dangerous neighborhood wants to move to a safe neighborhood but many don't do it because of lack of money or difficulty having immigration visas, political asylum, if coming from a poor and dangerous country, etc.

@Daniel Marsh You did great!:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0