Wicked Lose your salvation Documentary on YouTube promoting a works based salvation

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The gospel of the kingdom always required Faith + works to be saved.

No such thing as OSAS there, you are correct.

But you must accept that the bible has different instructions to different groups at different times.
So you’re saying that the gospels are not the gospels for gentiles? Because Jesus taught the gospel of the kingdom. What you’re saying is that everything that Jesus taught does not pertain to us. Is that your official position?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I preach my wife has long hair

You preach your wife has long hair

Can one conclude that your wife is my wife?
But we’re not talking about a person we’re talking about the gospel. If your going to say that there are two different gospels then your going to have to show scriptural evidence of the differences between those two gospels. Even Paul taught that people can lose their salvation. Galatians 5:4 is a prime example. He even taught that he himself could lose his salvation in 2 Timothy 2:12.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that there were people who were saved before Jesus Christ came to this earth? If so, would you include Noah in the list?
John 8:56
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

John 4:25: The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
John 4:26: Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

1 Peter 1:10: Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1 Peter 1:12: Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Luke 24:18: …Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?
Luke 24:19: And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
Luke 24:20: And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
Luke 24:21: But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

Luke 24:25: Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luke 24:26: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Luke 24:27: And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am using your same reasoning.

You cannot tell?
I am not going to get mixed up in your twisted parables or universe. The Scriptures are clear that if anyone preaches another gospel, they are accursed. So you believe there are two gospels, which sets up a dilemma for you. Pure and simple.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,774.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But we’re not talking about a person we’re talking about the gospel. If your going to say that there are two different gospels then your going to have to show scriptural evidence of the differences between those two gospels. Even Paul taught that people can lose their salvation. Galatians 5:4 is a prime example. He even taught that he himself could lose his salvation in 2 Timothy 2:12.

I was agreeing with his point that the gospel of the kingdom always requires faith + works for salvation.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,774.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not going to get mixed up in your twisted parables or universe. The Scriptures are clear that if anyone preaches another gospel, they are accursed. So you believe there are two gospels, which sets up a dilemma for you. Pure and simple.

My reply to you was not about how many good news are found in scripture.

I was agreeing with your point that the gospel of the kingdom always requires faith + works for salvation.

That was your point correct?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,774.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you’re saying that the gospels are not the gospels for gentiles? Because Jesus taught the gospel of the kingdom. What you’re saying is that everything that Jesus taught does not pertain to us. Is that your official position?

Matthew 10:5-8 and Matthew 15:24 is Jesus's official position regarding the gospel of the kingdom and gentiles during his first coming.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 1:8-9 is not saying that. Read it carefully.
Galatians 1:8: "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:9: As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

Don't see any wiggle room in this verse for two gospels.

Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My reply to you was not about how many good news are found in scripture.

I was agreeing with your point that the gospel of the kingdom always requires faith + works for salvation.

That was your point correct?
My point is that there is only one gospel and that both Jesus and the apostle Paul taught.
As for salvation: It’s always been "faith + works" = salvation.
The gospel is how you are initially saved, and while it is a requirement to continue to believe, there are other things we must do even according to Paul to enter the Kingdom (See: Galatians 6:8-9, Romans 8:13, 1 Timothy 5:8, etc.).
The full detailed version of the gospel is mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
According to 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14, the gospel calls us, and this call is…. God has chosen you to salvation through the Sanctification of the Spirit, and a belief of the truth. The gospel is the faith (belief) part of us being initially saved, and the CALL of the gospel is the Sanctification (works / holiness) part involving our salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 10:5-8 and Matthew 15:24 is Jesus's official position regarding the gospel of the kingdom and gentiles during his first coming.
Peter preached to Cornelius and his household the gospel message and they believed. So the Gentiles were later included in God's program after Pentecost. We also see Gentiles were saved involving the story of Jonah. Rahab was a gentile, and she was in Jesus' lineage. So the gospels are not just for the Jews only. The Jews were supposed to be a light unto the Gentiles. It's just during Christ's ministry, the disciples were to first go to the Jews first. This was never intended to be a permanent focus. God always planned to include Gentiles in his plan of salvation. Do you not know that Revelation 13:8 implies that believers have their names written in the Book of Life since the foundation of the world? This would obviously include Gentile believers.

God is not a respecter of persons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,774.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 1:8: "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:9: As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

Don't see any wiggle room in this verse for two gospels.

who are the you Paul was referring to, in light of Galatians 2:7-9?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,774.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point is that there is only one gospel and that both Jesus and the apostle Paul taught "faith + works" = salvation.

Just because both of them preached the kingdom of God, you assume that means they are preaching the same gospel of the kingdom.

That was your illogical reasoning earlier, correct?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
who are the you Paul was referring to, in light of Galatians 2:7-9?
You mean, Galatians chapter 1, verses 7-9, right?

If so, while the word "you" refers to how this letter was written to the Galatian church, the message still applies to all believers.

Galatians 3:28
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just because both of them preached the kingdom of God, you assume that means they are preaching the same gospel of the kingdom.

That was your illogical reasoning earlier, correct?
I believe your imaginary belief fits nicely with Dean Burgon's criticism of the Modern critics of his day.
As Dean Burgon said, "They assume everything. They prove nothing!” (The Revision Revised; Dean John Burgon, p. 264).
So no. You are the one who is being illogical and you are not actually proving how your belief is true in any way. There is no indication that there are two entirely different versions of preaching the Kingdom of God. We just have your word for it. Again, Galatians basically says if any preaches another gospel, let him be accursed. So if there is a gospel to the Jews, and another gospel to the Gentiles, then by default, that means that Paul is saying that the gospel to the Jews would be accursed if what you say is true. One could not read Paul’s words in Galatians 1 as talking about two gospels because he makes no mention of such a thing and he condemns the idea of another gospel than the one he gives to the Galatians (i.e., to all believers). You are weaving in your own imaginary narrative to avoid the responsibility of doing the “work of faith” that is required in all points in time for believers. Again, I already proven to you that Paul taught doing works of faith as a part of salvation in Galatians 6:8-9, Titus 1:16, 1 Timothy 5:8, Romans 2:5-11, and Romans 6:22.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,774.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean, Galatians chapter 1, verses 7-9, right?

If so, while the word "you" refers to how this letter was written to the Galatian church, the message still applies to all believers.

Galatians 3:28
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

I meant Galatians 2:7-9

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was agreeing with his point that the gospel of the kingdom always requires faith + works for salvation.
The gospel of the kingdom doesn’t require works for salvation it’s still the same gospel preached by Paul.

• Agree
Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟152,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you assume that means they are preaching the same gospel of the kingdom.
You and others get confused at times by Paul's wording of the gospel. But it is the same gospel -Christ's gospel that he preached and taught.

Paul himself too, always taught on different levels at times so he could reach everyone. But make no mistake, it is the same gospel.

II Corinthians 2:12 "Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,"'

To say he did not preach Christ's gospel is untrue.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I meant Galatians 2:7-9
My dear friend. You have to look at the Bible as a whole. In order to come up with your interpretation on Galatians 2:7, it would have to be read in the vacuum of space with no other surrounding verses. As Christians we need to read more the whole chapter when reading a difficult a verse and we need to ask God the Father for His Spirit to give us the understanding, too. So I would highly encourage to prayerfully reread Galatians chapter 2 entirely and reflect on the full context that is given. I believe you are getting caught up on the archaic wording in the KJV. Granted, this is not an error in the KJV. As you may know, I am a strong KJV defender, and I am no fan of Modern Bibles, but they can sometimes be helpful of fleshing out the archaic wording in the KJV sometimes (When the wording does agree). This is one of those instances that is good to read the whole chapter in a Modern Translation to understand what is going on (and then switch back and re-read the whole thing again in the KJV). So please try reading the whole chapter first in the NLT, then go back to the KJV to see how they match up.

Galatians 2:7 is merely referring to the scope of the chosen audience by Paul and Peter. If you look at verse 8 (KJV) more closely it talks about how God wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles. This helps explain verse 7 in the fact that it was the working of God was moving to be more effective for the cause of the gospel for Peter when he encountered the Jews, and Paul was more effective for the gospel when he encountered the Gentiles.

Furthermore, if you keep reading in Galatians 2, Paul said that Peter did not walk according to the truth of the gospel (Galatians 2:14) (See: Galatians 2:11-14).

In addition, we learn that Paul preaches the gospel to the Jews and when they did not accept it, and the Gentiles in that audience did instead, then Paul decided at this point to focus on going to the Gentiles. It was not that Paul all of sudden switched gospels or something.

Acts 13:42-49
42 “And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. 43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.
48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.“

If this is not enough, Peter even said that Paul had written unto those Jewish believers he was writing to, as well.

2 Peter 3:15
“And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The gospel of the kingdom doesn’t require works for salvation it’s still the same gospel preached by Paul.
Right, the gospel is simply 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
The gospel is believing that Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and risen on the third day for our salvation.
That's it.
That's the gospel.

Now that said, the gospel CALLS us to salvation through the Sanctification of the Spirit, but this is the call of the gospel and not the gospel itself (See: 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 for the call of the gospel).

The gospel again is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 in that we believe Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and risen on the third day for our salvation. Many are simply unaware that there are different aspects of our faith.

Last edited:
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0